Crazy NY Rangers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Crazy NY Rangers

Brad Richards 60 mil,  31 years old
    three to four good years left, peaked in 2004???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Crazy NY Rangers

NYR - very stupid.

Brad Richards - very smart. The concussion did not affect his reasoning.

He gets $22 million of the $60 million in the first year! Just in case the concussion has after effects, he's set for life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

and cap room no room for Callahan, Dubinsky, or Anisimov; their whole second line.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Crazy NY Rangers:
    and cap room no room for Callahan, Dubinsky, or Anisimov; their whole second line.....
    Posted by jmwalters

jm - With the amount of money spent on recent UFAs in Gomez, Drury and Redden with little return it's amazing Sather is still GM.  I have no idea if Ranger fans have been screaming for his hide in this latest attempt but we know if it were PC who had struck out with these guys, folks would have gone nuclear by now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Crazy NY Rangers : jm - With the amount of money spent on recent UFAs in Gomez, Drury and Redden with little return it's amazing Sather is still GM.  I have no idea if Ranger fans have been screaming for his hide in this latest attempt but we know if it were PC who had struck out with these guys, folks would have gone nuclear by now.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

I think it should be obvious to all by now that he has incriminating pictures of all members of the NYR board of directors. Must be why he smokes those expensive cigars.........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Callahan is the only guy (in my eyes) that they'll miss right off. If Richards performs at an elite level that is. If Richards continues to be Richards like this could be a good deal for them. Money is crazy though and the other horrible contracts others have mentioned are absolutely terrible. Even though Redden will be buried in the minors.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Could be a great chance for Boston to steal some of the Rangers young(er) talent. And they play a defensive system so they will fit right in!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Crazy NY Rangers : I think it should be obvious to all by now that he has incriminating pictures of all members of the NYR board of directors. Must be why he smokes those expensive cigars.........
    Posted by jmwalters

Good one, jm.  Either that or he's still dining out on the glory days of the 80's Oilers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Crazy NY Rangers : Good one, jm.  Either that or he's still dining out on the glory days of the 80's Oilers.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

hehe.....likely. I still have angry visions of Slats and good ole Pocklington sucking on cubans and shooting whiskey while laughing like fat cats....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

and cap room no room for Callahan, Dubinsky, or Anisimov; their whole second line. Posted by jmwalters

I've been saying this for weeks JM Slats just git rid of more than a few really good role players by signing Richards. Promote Gorton now save money MSG!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

How isn't Gorton the GM yet? Either there or elsewhere? I'd take him back as an assistant here in  heart beat, and on my Jets site I wsa screamng that they should get him before they signed Chavy (who may work well). I have no idea how Gortondoes' have a full GM's job yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I would love to see Callahan or Dubinsky in a B's jersey...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Yeah. Would be nice seeing Callahan wearing number 24.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Yeah. Would be nice seeing Callahan wearing number 24.
    Posted by Hanrahan1

Don't hold your breath. Retired for Terry O'Reilly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

The Rangers have $15,991,666 available.  They need three D and they have 4 Restricted forwards, barring a stupid offer sheet there in no danger of losing Callahan or Dubinsky.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

These big long term contracts are so stupid and should not be allowed...So re tarded. The kovalchuk signing was ridiculous as well. The rangers always do these types of signings and they still stink. Im just thankful our management doesnt mess things up with these ridiculous contracts. So dumb.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

In Response to Re: Crazy NY Rangers : Don't hold your breath. Retired for Terry O'Reilly.
    Posted by TitleTown11

Yeah, I know, but I can still dream it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

one of the worst move I've ever seen ...with the Dipietro's signature...unreal

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IYeah even the Leafs who are desperate didn't want anything to do with Richards  n Response to Re: Crazy NY Rangers:
    These big long term contracts are so stupid and should not be allowed...So re tarded. The kovalchuk signing was ridiculous as well. The rangers always do these types of signings and they still stink. Im just thankful our management doesnt mess things up with these ridiculous contracts. So dumb.
    Posted by bgrif008

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The Rangers have $15,991,666 available.  They need three D and they have 4 Restricted forwards, barring a stupid offer sheet there in no danger of losing Callahan or Dubinsky.
    Posted by RickyHussle

According to capgeek.com they do have that amount but there are two things you are not considering:

1. Since the CBA is set to expire all bonus have to bepaid the year they are due this year, no deferrments. So take off 1.48million right there.

2. Not including the bonus payments the Rangers have only 2.284 million to spend per open roster spot. Callahan and Dubinsky will get at least 3mill per each, and Anisimov another 2mill. Plus they stll need 2 defenceman as you point out.

Can they do it? Possibly but that is cutting it really close.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

IYeah even the Leafs who are desperate didn't want anything to do with Richards  n Response to Re: Crazy NY Rangers :
    Posted by Canadianfan6

Burke was on THE FAN 590 and said they made a pitch for Richards but not at that asking price - I think I heard he also said he wasn't about to front-load the contract either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Crazy NY Rangers : hehe.....likely. I still have angry visions of Slats and good ole Pocklington sucking on cubans and shooting whiskey while laughing like fat cats....
    Posted by jmwalters

JM, remember when Sather, while still running the Oilers, claimed he'd win the Cup every year if he had the Rangers budget?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Crazy NY Rangers : JM, remember when Sather, while still running the Oilers, claimed he'd win the Cup every year if he had the Rangers budget?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Sounds like some bullsh*t he would say. His role as oilers gm back in the late 80's just seemed to be to self promote, sell off the parts and pretend they were still a dynasty. They have never recovered from this. Funny thing is that the Rangers won in 94 with a third of their team being ex-oilers. I think his tenure as NYR GM  has finally exposed him for the hack he is (much like Burke in TO right now as well).

Sections
Shortcuts