Credit where it's due

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Credit where it's due

Something that Julien has done as well is reward players that have been playing aggressive with results by bumping them up lines late in games switching them off lines they are normally on this is a good mix up to get some offense going.

Don't know if Chiarelli had talked to Claude after the public vote of confidence and I don't care as my main complaint was shortening the bench late in periods to let your stars play good post SCO!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I definately agree about rewarding players.

One thing I wish CJ would do is give Recchi an occasional game off and reduce his minutes/workload. And maybe some PP time for Seguin

But overall, solid coaching recently

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Credit where it's due:
    [QUOTE]As many of you may know, I'm not a Julien fan. Far from it. Some of his decisions this season have been terrible. Tonight was not one of those nights. Julien pretty much rolled the top 3 lines the whole third period in a tightly contested game. Great decision to play Rask, which helps out both goalies tremendously. Seguin, although pointless tonight, is gradually starting to play much better and with much more confidence. I feel like every line played well. There was one gaff which led to the Toronto goal, but overall solid coaching job. Hats off to you Claude
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Cindy , I have much more respect for you now as a poster . It is easy to sit and criticize someone when things are not going good . But to take the step of commending someone when he is doing a good job is also something that should be done . You just did that . I know of one poster who just lays in the bushes for every chance to criticize Julien's coaching but doesn't have the nuts to give him credit when his coaching works.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I agree, only a chump would complain when we are in first

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

CJ good job vs the Leafs and great to see Rask, Horton, and Savy have a good game. I would also like to see Seguin get more ice time and be in on the PP. Great job by the whole team and we are further ahead of the Habs who we would love to beat Saturday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

It does seem like ever since the media laid into CJ that week that the team has responded. Im glad he went with Rask ive been saying that after Rask got pulled in Buffalo he looked like a man posessed.

Im with cindy-ovie on the recchi seguin adjustment as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Every squirrel finds a nut once in a while. CJ had no choice if he wanted to keep his job. He made a fool out of Rask and I will bet the farm he was TOLD to play Rask.

The B's seem to be in good form but I still feel they are not far away from a free fall in the standings. I hope I'm wrong. Seguin needs more time for sure and Recchi needs a regiment of playing 3 games then sitting 1 or 2 then playing again. He is not helping this team on most shifts. CJ puts him out there at crucial times and I don't see him coming through. He gets bumped off the puck too easy and is slow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Credit where it's due:
    [QUOTE]Every squirrel finds a nut once in a while. CJ had no choice if he wanted to keep his job. He made a fool out of Rask and I will bet the farm he was TOLD to play Rask. The B's seem to be in good form but I still feel they are not far away from a free fall in the standings. I hope I'm wrong. Seguin needs more time for sure and Recchi needs a regiment of playing 3 games then sitting 1 or 2 then playing again. He is not helping this team on most shifts. CJ puts him out there at crucial times and I don't see him coming through. He gets bumped off the puck too easy and is slow.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

4-0-2 in last 6. looks like they have started to freefall. should be 6-0.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Did you see any convincing wins in there? Don't use the Atlanta blow out as an example either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Great road trip with 4 wins and 2 shoot-out losses and nice to see Seguin have a great game in Buffalo and then get 14 minutes of ice in Toronto.  Add to that a confidence building win for Rask (having both Thomas and Rask is a nice advantage for the Bruins) and the Bruins seemed headed in the right direction, as long as Julien doesn't go back to his approach of over playing old players.  Being objective though the Bruins are still a player or two short of being a top contender.  A puck moving defenseman and some more scoring from the wing would be nice.  I think they need to move Savard and some young prospects if possible to get at least one of those players.  I think they need to hold on to their 1st round pick from Toronto (could be top 5) unless they can get both players needed in one deal from the same team, but I would be fine with them trading their own pick.  I know it obviously won't happen but in a dream world the Bruins add Kaberle and Iginla and become serious Stanley Cup contenders.  lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

if you look at gf/ga b's are 4th best in the league. van is 1st with +36 in 38 games, then pitt with +33 in 40 games. that's not even a goal/game. this isn't football. you won't win a game 48-3.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seggy Stardust earned his ice against the Leafs with his two points in Buffalo.  He'd have had a point or two against the Leafs is Bergeron had passed on one or both of those 2 on 1.  Good hustle for him to get there, though, giving Bergeron a better angle and pulling the D off.

The Rask decision wasn't that hard.  I doubt anyone is high-handing Julien, though I'd believe they had discussions.  Last year, they didn't really have the depth or options to push players; this year, they do.  They were patient and waited to see if the soul-less play of December was a trend, but as soon as it proved to be one, these new practices kicked in.

Like all things with this management team, changes don't come quickly, but when they do, they're the product of a lot of analysis and a lot of thought.  I'd bet a dime most of the basics of what we're seeing now were discussed during the off-season.

And lastly: two big topics of discussion other than CJ going into the Leaf game?  1st line production (both goals) and Rask (first star, 36 save performance).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

in case you were all wondering...i was just hired as gm to replace pc...my first move-by by recchi,next,by by paille,next, bring up caron/arniel. on d-ease stu in, move boych or mcquaid to 7th man---there that was easy...all better

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Book, Julien looked like a deer in the headlights after the loss to Buffalo. I can see Cam ripping into him right after the locker room cleared. Everyone who thinks TT will carry this team is thinking with high hopes. CJ will sink this ship if he has his own way. Mismanagement of so many things over the last 2 seasons is reason enough to keep him on a short leash.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Credit where it's due:
    [QUOTE]As many of you may know, I'm not a Julien fan. Far from it. Some of his decisions this season have been terrible. Tonight was not one of those nights. Julien pretty much rolled the top 3 lines the whole third period in a tightly contested game. Great decision to play Rask, which helps out both goalies tremendously. Seguin, although pointless tonight, is gradually starting to play much better and with much more confidence. I feel like every line played well. There was one gaff which led to the Toronto goal, but overall solid coaching job. Hats off to you Claude
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    Is it POSSIBLE that all of you can stop evaluating the coach after each game?!?! So annoying, immature, and reactionary.  Don't see it happening with the Sox, pats, or Celtics

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The soccer coach doesn't like people blaming the coach...too close to home?

BTW, I happen to agree with your point, except that it absolutely does happen with the other Boston coaches too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

people need to stop the clode bashing...his style-grind it out ugly hockey IS boston bruin hockey- if his PLAYERS showed more toughness in executing the style of play they would leave the competition in the dust...right now they give about 70-80% of their potential, and are in 1st place with games in hand...this team needs to play better at home,period.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As Chiarelli has been quoted, some decisions are "team" decisions. I'm pretty sure that Cam and peter have had discussions with CJ, as he has not been noted for his flexibility. That said, the coach must run the team and each game, so the tweaks and changes are Claude's to manage.Moving Recchi to the 4th line, while potentially positive, could have objections from Bergeron who would want to protect his linemate from any criticism.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This is just my personal opinion and I have resisted to urge to ever call for Claude's firing.  The three things I didn't like about Claude's coaching:

1. He doesn't seem to make adjustments -- game plan and lines are too predictable.

2. The departure from the goalie tandem too early in the season.  I think Thomas and Rask should be playing 2/3rds and 1/3rd, or somewhat equitable time at the midpoint of the season.

3.  Young talent doesn't not seem to be developing under him, Caron and Seguin namely.

As I consider the above, all three points seem to be improving recently.  We have adjustments to the lines and PP, Seguin looks better, and Rask is getting some time.  So whether it was Neely or Chiarelli, or Julien himself -- I can still appreciate the changes.  So I would echo SCO's original point -- give credit when it is due.  Being in first place and going 3-0-2 on the road trip doesn't hurt either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

4-0-2 only 10 points of 12 equivalent of 137 point season, yeah that is really bad.

Cj is making steps forward, switched up March and Seg, 4th getting less mins, good usage of goaltenders.  D as a whole looks good and allowed to step more into play of late(Kampfer), I like this, also Fer is playing his best hockey as a B of late.

Errors- Krej is still top line with 2 mins more per game.
    Rec is still getting PP and PK time and on ice trying to hold the lead at end of game, if giving these quality mins put him on 4th and move March back up and Rec will be more ready for quality mins.

Cj can win with his system as long as there are no disruptions, he needs to be proactive and have his system upgrade when he loses any of his players, or when other teams step it up such as playoffs and game 7's. We will see final grade come playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Credit to CJ and the Bruins as a whole for putting together a coherent streak of quality games.  They could have easily come out with wins against Atlanta and Buffalo, but those teams scratched and clawed for ties in the respective 3rd periods.

Last night was the first time in a while I felt like every line was contributing in the right way.  Yeah, the team clammed up in the 3rd, but gotta preserve that lead on the road.  But, especially in the 2nd, it wasn't the old trend of 1 good shift followed by 2 mediocre/bad ones.  I saw sparks from the top 3 lines and the 4th line played their part as usual.

As I said before, CJ needs to allow these players to think outside the box sometimes.  The system is important, but so is scoring goals.  In the last 6 games, there has been a much better balance of defensive structure combined with offensive zone creativity.  Seguin looks to have stepped out of the headlights a bit...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

posted at 1/4/2011 10:44 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d120f9f583570c5a8a9447f1a6645326&plckUserId=d120f9f583570c5a8a9447f1a6645326">
    First: 12/31/2010
    Last: 1/4/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ace20468d-20b2-4e03-b3a7-79e264fe82fc&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:ce20468d-20b2-4e03-b3a7-79e264fe82fcPost:832051c4-2247-4079-b128-f6a22538da85">Re: Credit where it's due:
    Every squirrel finds a nut once in a while. CJ had no choice if he wanted to keep his job. He made a fool out of Rask and I will bet the farm he was TOLD to play Rask. The B's seem to be in good form but I still feel they are not far away from a free fall in the standings. I hope I'm wrong. Seguin needs more time for sure and Recchi needs a regiment of playing 3 games then sitting 1 or 2 then playing again. He is not helping this team on most shifts. CJ puts him out there at crucial times and I don't see him coming through. He gets bumped off the puck too easy and is slow.
    Posted by jwb413

4-0-2 in last 6. looks like they have started to freefall. should be 6-0.

How do they look now?