Crickets... 2.0

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Crickets... 2.0

So... the Marys go out and embarrass themselves again against another team that isnt even good enough to make the playoffs, yet there's no new threads from "people" who were SO impressed by their play against Malden High School, er I mean, Florida, that they were shook up that we who are embarrassed by them didnt feel a need to post all over the place?

Got it.

Great team ya got there. Even the NBC announcers were snickering at how bad they are. They were stunned counting up the turnovers... people who watch the B's know that's what they do every night. Joke.

Commence blaming digusted fans and the litany of excuses. Start with "6 games in 9 nights." That's a good one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Re: Crickets... 2.0

Good one. Disgusted by another lacklustre performance from my beloved Bs. Glad to see people here (where are they all??) aren't again trying to excuse it all away. Glad to see no one's vowing to 'ignore me' again for pointing out the obvious.

Everyone wants the Bruins to win and it is a whole new season in the play offs but you gotta be a moron to think the Bs are mentally and physically prepared for May.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I understand that this team hasn't played well for the past 2 or 3 months, and your frustration comes from the knowledge that it is a glaring lack of effort, and not lack of talent, that is the cause of their poor play.

What I fail to understand, is why some people seem to take it so personally, when there are so much more important things, in life. Or why, some people seem to only post when the team is playing poorly, and are rarely heard from, when the team is doing well.

Everyone on this board understands this team is underachieving this season. They try to put a positive spin on it, because they watch hockey for the entertainment they derive from it, and understand that "their team" will not win all the time.

If watching this team made me as upset and miserable as a few of you seem to be, I would probably just quit watching the games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I just love the distancing in "ya got there".  As in, rat overboard.

Yesterday was ugly.  I know I was in no hurry to rush to the board because of drivel like the OP. 

The one thing I will say is that it isn't just a question of effort.  It looks like they have no confidence outside of about five players, and even they're wobbly.  The Bergeron line was dangerous for most of the first two periods, Jagr was Jagr (still not convinced that that's a good thing for the team but it sure is fun to watch) and the Yeti (one small bright spot is that I'm more and more convinced the Yeti can be a player for this team - which will make that two years at $1M per a great signing).  Other than that, Chara was fighting it all night, Krejci was erratic, Peverley was skating but never in the right place at the right time, and the fourth line was, well, what they are.  That's not all effort; some of it is limitations.  I keep harping on the bad passing, and now it's just bad "puck management" (worse term than the PMD).  Some guys are trying too hard and it's biting them.

But hey, SoxFan, you and your ego can go have a latte or something secure that you don't have to take any guilt by association for actually backing the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I haven't heard a single pom-pom waving fan say that this team has been playing good hockey recently. And none would say last night's effort or execution was acceptable. What I do hear fans saying is that this team played well enough for second place in the East and they improved their roster at deadline time and with the Yeti. What more can a team do? They can get healthy, they can get rest and you hope the execution comes in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

good post Book. I've felt , and stated all along, that Jagr, with all his skill doesn't fit with this Bruins team or coach. nice try by Peter, but who would have thunk it. Redden actually looks like the best bruins D-man, but he doesn't have the speed to stay with these blossoming young players on other teams even though his positioning and reactions do compensate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yesterday was ugly.  I know I was in no hurry to rush to the board because of drivel like the OP. 

The one thing I will say is that it isn't just a question of effort.  It looks like they have no confidence outside of about five players, and even they're wobbly.  The Bergeron line was dangerous for most of the first two periods, Jagr was Jagr (still not convinced that that's a good thing for the team but it sure is fun to watch) and the Yeti (one small bright spot is that I'm more and more convinced the Yeti can be a player for this team - which will make that two years at $1M per a great signing).  Other than that, Chara was fighting it all night, Krejci was erratic, Peverley was skating but never in the right place at the right time, and the fourth line was, well, what they are.  That's not all effort; some of it is limitations.  I keep harping on the bad passing, and now it's just bad "puck management" (worse term than the PMD).  Some guys are trying too hard and it's biting them.

But hey, SoxFan, you and your ego can go have a latte or something secure that you don't have to take any guilt by association for actually backing the team.

I agree, this team is fragile right now. We need somebody to shake them up. I was hoping that PC canned CJ last night and Neely was gonna be behind the bench. Toronto can beat either us or Montreal in Round 1. Ugh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

My only comments is that the bruins have 6 gms 9 days no time for practice:

Mcquaid, marchand, bergy, horton (now) injuries

New players can't get time to practice together redden soderberg jagr

Chara needs a rest agst. TB and Ott keep him for just Wsh gm.

Julien been juggling the lines for resting players

Lucic will come around before the play offs start

If the bruins can just clinch the 3rd seed spot will be a relief for me.The Bruins will have to beat TB thursday to get a chance for that seed.

The habs are also in a down slide which is fortunate for the bruins

The bruins do have the depth to go far into playoffs but is rask going to be stable?

Conclusion if and when the bruins get time for praticing will be the a big bonus. They look like a team at the moment that can't get their chain links together.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I though that the CJ "puck management" comments sounded like somebody searching for clues

now it has been made apparent what the real issue is

Not enough practice

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

I think freedom of expression is a wonderful thing. People can say what they want. I like to think it's better - more sustainable - to fall into the 'light a candle' group more than the 'shun the darkness' one.

That said, it is worrisome to think that this group is somehow 'saving it' for the Playoffs, or perhaps is waiting for the Playoffs to 'throw the switch'

Worrisome, when those same Playoffs are the games that double - triple! - in speed and intensity, in meaning and sheer mercilessness.

Here's hoping some kinda 'inner Bruin' is waiting

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Oh and this is madness;

"I've felt , and stated all along, that Jagr, with all his skill doesn't fit with this Bruins team or coach."  - 'Bogie6'

These days, some might suggest, it's the other way around.

Jagr's skill is not the problem.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I actually saw the same excuse as Wensink about "puck management" and thought that was a pretty pathetic assessment by CJ.  I'd say they lost because they combined a pretty uninspired effort with bad goaltending and one of the worst games I have ever seen Chara play.  What's worse, is what Book mentioned -- they don't seem to be confident with the puck at all.  Nobody seems to be moving with a purpose.  Save for Krejci and a few others.  Enjoyed his goal.

I think you just have to hope that these are the doldrums of playing so many games that are somewhat menaingless and being physically and emotionally worn down.  You have to hope that the playoffs bring about a new aura for the whole ans they have the ability to snap out if it.  They might, lots of veterans to lead the way.

Or you could just root against them in a desperate effort to have your personal bitterness and misery validated, and celebrate each failure like SoxFan does.  But I would suggest trying to enjoy the run, or maybe try to find a team/sport that you do enjoy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

...and leaving Jagr's skillset aside for a moment, what about his (made glaring by those around him) jump? His drive, his desire, his get-up-and-go?!

Do these things not fit either?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

For the 'light a candle' set...

Soderberg - Krejci - Jagr

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin

Lucic - Kelly - Peverley

Paille - Campbell - Hamilton

That's right! Hamilton for Thornton and available for the PowerPlay

If Claude's not going to use him on defence in the Playoffs (absurd, I know, but it is the drum Fluto is beating) there is no way Hamilton's skills and athleticism should moulder away in the Press Box

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I though that the CJ "puck management" comments sounded like somebody searching for clues

now it has been made apparent what the real issue is

Not enough practice

Very good point.  Especially when you play a system.  It's the same for many teams and I heard Therrien say something to this effect last week on his post game presser.  He mentioned the team didn't have some back to back games which would be a good time at practice to go over some things with the players.  He added that the team was getting away from their system....

P.S. posting on this thread because of the good posters on it and see what they had to say.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I know where you're coming from.  I've thought that too, but have changed my mind. Originally, I thought maybe the B's didn't have the pieces to compliment Jagr's style, and I didn't feel he'd have any positive effect on anyone elses.  Doesn't seem that way so far.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Fletch,  I also said might have been Chara's worst game I saw him play on another thread.  What makes him look slow is the PP, his passes and shot take too long to execute.  It's funny because you see good puck movement on the PP , having the other team start running around and when Chara gets the puck it all stops.  The other team has time to get back in formation and/or Chara's passes get intercepted.  

On the other hand he might be the Bruins best shut down guy and Penalty killer,  maybe not last night but seems like lately everytime he gets a penalty the other teams scores on their PP.

Tampa "should be " an easy win, maybe sit him that game to get a breather.  Who knows he might be nursing a little injury also.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

I know where you're coming from.  I've thought that too, but have changed my mind. Originally, I thought maybe the B's didn't have the pieces to compliment Jagr's style, and I didn't feel he'd have any positive effect on anyone elses.  Doesn't seem that way so far.

Agree with you.  He looked great with Marchand before he got hurt,  he also then sparked Campbell .  To me this means he makes the players around him better and fit in.

Only thing is I would like Julien to keep the Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand line together,  it's been their best , maybe not on the scoreboard but the most dangerous.   Julien just has to find another mix for Jagr. He can't have him with Kelly , even though they looked pretty good and he cannot have Peverley on with Lucic and Krejci.  Jagr has to play with Krejci and Lucic or Soderberg the other wing. 

Reunite Kelly-Peverley with Lucic or Soderberg.

Bruins are struggling to score and it's time Julien puts away the balancing of lines act. He must have 2 strong offensive lines.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Jaromir Jagr on the 3rd line

I was gonna go for a million ....but anyway. See my point? If not I can do some more

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Looks like the Royals and Cards are in first place out in the midwest. Maybe you can find some other bandwagon fans on their discussion boards since the Red Sox got killed last night.

I can only imagine what went through your teammates minds in college after they watched you throwing a mental fit when down a goal or two. Must have been quite the sight eh ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hey, Claude, I see you had Jagr on the 3rd line again in pre-game.  S'up?

I think we need to balance our attack to get scoring from all three lines.  I'm cool like that.

I think we need to balance our attack to get scoring from all three lines.  I'm cool like that.

Fixed.  Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thanks for the reminder, 'Dog.  I keep thinking up all sorts of names to call SoxFan, but this reminds me of the best one: goalie. 

nite, kel...call your porkchopper and complain about this guy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeh, or

Balance your F****ng A** - it's Jaromir F***ing Jagr

Put him on the 1st F***ing line with Krejci and Lucic

Don't make me come down there

OK...that's overstating it - my bad

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Lucic - Peverley - Horton

Paille - Kelly - Campbell

Thoughts?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Lucic - Peverley - Horton

Paille - Kelly - Campbell

Thoughts?

Perfectly sensible lineup Lam. I'm all for it.

Sections
Shortcuts