Crosby = A ROD of hockey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Crosby = A ROD of hockey

his behavior after the 2nd period in game 1 reminded me of A ROD's glove slap on Bronson Arroyo...this isnt supposed to be happening i always win and get what i want!!! wwhhaaaaa spoiled brat , i wish this happened VVVVVV

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NCabA10HHRL17SIE6ututQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/REDDIT.jpg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Crosby = A ROD of hockey

I'm not going to put Crosby in that category. Crosby whines about some calls, does some stick work etc....which tons of other NHL players do. He is not a scum bag, cheating, lying P-O-S like Rodriguez.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Not even remotely in the same category.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

They both have (A-Roid = had) a lot of talent, and they are both incredibly immature.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone and I go home. (George Carlin)

It's pronounced "Stehno", not "Z-Dayno"!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'm not going to put Crosby in that category. Crosby whines about some calls, does some stick work etc....which tons of other NHL players do. He is not a scum bag, cheating, lying P-O-S like Rodriguez.

Perfect response Kel!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

This is one of the worst threads I have seen on this forum. Crosby plays 100% everygame (this is probably the only time he's ever disappeared in his life). Is incredibly dedicated off the ice, doesn't just go for the most money (I'm still convinced he took less to sign a career deal in pittsburgh). Is, by all indications a good leader, and has done precisely 0 tabloid worthy things. He is just the very definition of a franchise player. Saying he's immature is stupid. He got into an argument with an opposing player. He gave the player a little shove. After the game he said "I'm certainly not trying to fight him but i'm also not going to back down." Isn't taht exactly what you want from your players? Ya, when he was a rookie he would whine to the refs and dive. He doesn't do it any more than your average player anymore. People hate Arod because every indication is that he is a horrible person, he cheats, seems to only care about himself and money. People hate Crosby because he's the best hockey player in the world and there isn't anyone that is even remotely close to him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Crosby hasn't cheated, and he's also stuck with the team that drafted him, which I appreciate.  He's been a fastastic player and come back from very serious injuries without skipping a beat. He does not appear to have off-ice/field issues.  He appears to be like dby his teammates.

On the other hand, the whining may be even worse than A-rod, and that's the part that irks me.  I can't think of another NHL player that is in the ear of the referees more than Crosby.  The entitlement seems similar to A-rod and I think that Crosby literally wants to be treated differently by officials because he is so good.

All in all, I'm not buying the analogy, but I can see where the comparison comes from.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

This is one of the worst threads I have seen on this forum. Crosby plays 100% everygame (this is probably the only time he's ever disappeared in his life). Is incredibly dedicated off the ice, doesn't just go for the most money (I'm still convinced he took less to sign a career deal in pittsburgh). Is, by all indications a good leader, and has done precisely 0 tabloid worthy things. He is just the very definition of a franchise player. Saying he's immature is stupid. He got into an argument with an opposing player. He gave the player a little shove. After the game he said "I'm certainly not trying to fight him but i'm also not going to back down." Isn't taht exactly what you want from your players? Ya, when he was a rookie he would whine to the refs and dive. He doesn't do it any more than your average player anymore. People hate Arod because every indication is that he is a horrible person, he cheats, seems to only care about himself and money. People hate Crosby because he's the best hockey player in the world and there isn't anyone that is even remotely close to him.

nope. are you his agent or something? you obviously just watch his highlight reel goals on late night tv. if you've ever ACTUALLY watched how he carries himself on the ice you'd see what the rest of us are talking about. put it this way, my younger brother is a pens fan. on sunday i started to give him the business about crosby being a punk. HE DIDN"T DISPUTE IT A SINGLE BIT. instead he said, "yeah, but you'd love to have him on the bruins".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

That's BS. I liked Gretzky, because he could handle the spotlight. Messier was a pr*ck, but he played hard, and he never whined. Crosby, on the other hand, is a total joke, because he thinks he is entitled to preferential treatment by everyone. I don't hate him for his talent, and I was hoping for him to recover from his concussion problems because he is so talented, but his incessant whining kills it for me. I honestly think the Penguins would be a better club if they had someone else as captain - somebody who would show Crosby a thing or two about leadership, class and decency. But he chose to have "Le Hypocrite" as role model.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crosby is a fantastic talent. Passionate and wants to win.  His hearts in the right place. His emotions are like a chick though(sorry red).  He loves drama.  Best player in the world.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

... Best player in the world.  

...and you could say that about A-Roid for some time too...

Nevertheless, there will be people who will dispute this assessment, as there are people who think Bobby Orr was the best hockey player ever (I agree), and there are those who will argue that Wayne Gretzky was the best - maybe there are even some fans left who saw Gordie Howe in his prime and think he was better than Orr and Gretzky.

Another A-Roid/Cindy parallel: Both won titles in 2009.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

[QUOTE]

... Best player in the world.  

...and you could say that about A-Roid for some time too...

Nevertheless, there will be people who will dispute this assessment, as there are people who think Bobby Orr was the best hockey player ever (I agree), and there are those who will argue that Wayne Gretzky was the best - maybe there are even some fans left who saw Gordie Howe in his prime and think he was better than Orr and Gretzky.

Another A-Roid/Cindy parallel: Both won titles in 2009.

[/QUOTE]

Sid never cheated.  And how the hel l did a baseball player who lied about juicing get compared to the best player in hockey.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Depends on how you define cheating. To me, trying to get the refs to make calls in your favor is at least borderline cheating.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone and I go home. (George Carlin)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Depends on how you define cheating. To me, trying to get the refs to make calls in your favor is at least borderline cheating.

Stop.  He didnt take performance enhancing drugs.  Hes an emotional hockey player who is the best in the world.  every hockey player cheats that way.  Some more then others.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Plus, how effective is NHL's PED testing? I'm not saying Cindy is on steroids - I'm just saying he could be (but so could be Z, Tuukka, Looch, etc.), and we would never know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Plus, how effective is NHL's PED testing? I'm not saying Cindy is on steroids - I'm just saying he could be (but so could be Z, Tuukka, Looch, etc.), and we would never know.

PEDs are for goons.  Hockey players dont need them.  Plus hes played in the olympics.  and will again next year.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Stop.  He didnt take performance enhancing drugs.  Hes an emotional hockey player who is the best in the world.  every hockey player cheats that way.  Some more then others.  

Could you please stop this "best player in the world" routine, as it sounds more and more like an excuse for his character shortcomings to me? And, like I said, you cannot be sure about the PEDs, unless you're with him 24/7.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I don't have a problem with Crosby. I don't like him because he is a road block to what my team is striving for. He has earned his place in the hockey world by his talent and dedication. I know it was only to make a point but I prefer to keep any mention of baseball away from any hockey board.

One sport is played by men who earn evrey dollar with blood and sweat -- the others are just overpaid pansies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

I don't care about Olympic PED testing (see Jones, Marion, or Lewis, Carl).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Crosby is a fantastic talent. Passionate and wants to win.  His hearts in the right place. His emotions are like a chick though(sorry red).  He loves drama.  Best player in the world.  

Shupe, you and I both know this behavior is nothing new for Crosby. It's been going on since his days in Rimouski. There was even one playoff series in which his coaches threatened to not dress him on the road if the refs were going to allow his mistreatment. No wonder he whines. He was shown early on that it could work. BTW, see what I mean about Nas jr? It's like he'd never seen Crosby before this season. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

MrHulot - first off, Tuukka is a stick. If he is on steroids they aren't working. 

I've watched Crosby play hundreds of hockey games. Practically every hockey player that can speak english talks to the refs, yells at the refs, whines at the refs, and tries to get things brought to the attention of the refs. Bergeron does it, Chara does it, Marchand does it, Lucic does it, Horton does it, The whole Bruins roster does it. But when sid was 18 years old, he did it more than anyone, and he got a reputation, a reputation that he deserved to lose years ago but nope. 7 years ago you guys heard that sid was a whiner and a flopper so every time you see him go down, it's a dive. Everytime he says something to the official, he's the worst whiner in the league. 

You think Crosby is a punk for one of two reasons. One, you placed a judgement on an 18 year old kid, and decided that you would stick to that judgment for the rest of his career, or two, someone told you he was a punk so you decided he was. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Could you please stop this "best player in the world" routine, as it sounds more and more like an excuse for his character shortcomings to me? And, like I said, you cannot be sure about the PEDs, unless you're with him 24/7.

[/QUOTE]

What character short comings?  Hes everything you could want in a hockey player.  Apparently you must be with him 24/7 to know this.   Most superstars have a bit of this in them.   Mario, jagr, gretzky, ovi, sid, etc etc.  hes the best hockey player on the planet, hes won everything you can win as a player, 90% of the time hes calm, well spoken...on the ice he can be taken off his game at times.  Most nights hes the best player out there.  

You dont have to like, respect or be a fan.   I am   I dont like some of his antics.  But think hes amazing.  Saw him at a very young age.  Hes loved in his home province. Hes great for the sport.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Shupe, you and I both know this behavior is nothing new for Crosby. It's been going on since his days in Rimouski. There was even one playoff series in which his coaches threatened to not dress him on the road if the refs were going to allow his mistreatment. No wonder he whines. He was shown early on that it could work. BTW, see what I mean about Nas jr? It's like he'd never seen Crosby before this season. 

[/QUOTE]

alright dez. it was cute for a while. I'm my own person, I have my own opinions, and they happen to be the same as another poster sometimes. You're normally a good poster, and I enjoy your opinions, although for the purposes of this thread they are incredibly flawed, however if you would like to continue suggesting that I am in any way emulating, or sucking up to someone else, I will kindly as you to f**k off.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He did it when he played midget AAA for dartmouth.  The league is a better place with him in it.  Who is nas jr.  MrH?   

Sections
Shortcuts