Crosby = A ROD of hockey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Crosby = A ROD of hockey

In response to shuperman's comment:

Toews has been acting up, mike richards does it.  Lets face it. Most captains are in front of the camera a lot.  No one in the league is close to crosby.  I think it was james neal who had to switch Lockers bc of the 200 cameras always in front of sid.  I think he has his moments and when things are bad you see them.  i think he handles himself pretty good considering.  He isnt arrogant.  He just thinks the league should cuddle him.  And for the most part the league has always babied the stars.  Different set of rules.  I saw sid clubbing ST near the end of game 1.  He got nothing.  Finally after he clubbed seguin he gets one.  

anyway, hes rattled.  Its great for us.  I cant imagine its fun playing against Z and get slashed and bumped by every player on the bruins.  

I think this is a very good description, and from a poster who speaks highly of Crosby.  

I don't know how you could watch game 1 and then claim the Crosby reputation is a product of his distant past.  What bothered me more than his stick swings on ST and Seguin (I understand frustration), was his reaction of dressing down the referee after he finally got called.  Then he's back in the refs ear as soon as the final horn goes off.  It's crazy.

Not to mention going after Rask(?) during a scrum, then hiding behind the ref while jabbing at Chara, and telling the media after the game that the Bruins were "escalating things" between whistles.  It's obnoxious.  No self awareness.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Puckett and Ripken?

Nowhere near the best players.

How the heck do they even enter your mind?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Puckett and Ripken?

they are both 1st ballot hall of famers in their sport. meaning they were the best of their generation. i realize it's a punishable crime to even mention baseball in this forum, but give it a rest. the point remains, just because you are ultra-talented doesn't mean you are pre-programmed to be a jerk. get it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

Puckett and Ripken?

they are both 1st ballot hall of famers in their sport. meaning they were the best of their generation. i realize it's a punishable crime to even mention baseball in this forum, but give it a rest. the point remains, just because you are ultra-talented doesn't mean you are pre-programmed to be a jerk. get it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

point still remains. and funny that your initial response was " nowhere near the best players" when in fact, their hall of fame inductions prove that to be true. up until the point he was arrested, puckett was one of the most respected and loved players in the game- by fans, the media, and his competition- who hated kirby puckett? that's the point trying to be made. crosby is loved by few, because of how he acts WHILE PLAYING HIS SPORT. what puckett did was inexcusable, and why it shocked everyone so much- it because it seemed so out of character. what's your argument against the rest of the guys on my list? you seem to be missing the point entirely, and cherry picking to make some point. i really don't see what your point is, other than- don't mention baseball players on this site. should have known better     

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't mind the cross sport references in this context.  When I think about the best baseball players, Puckett and Ripken don't enter my mind.  That's why I was wondering why you thought of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

yeah because we all know, they let the average athletes into the hall of fame. if your expecting me to list a baseball players career achievements on this site, it's not the place. their hall of fame inductions should stand on their own, apparently not for you though. the point is you're missing the point of WHY i posted what i did. it's useless... thanks for "not minding the cross sport reference" - phew! it's so hard to keep track of all your posting/ not posting rules. i could not care less if you repond to anything else concerning this topic. i'm moving on, and getting myself into game day mode, nothing but positive bruins mojo from this point on. because we all know me being positive, helps the team win. hehe 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

yeah because we all know, they let the average athletes into the hall of fame. if your expecting me to list a baseball players career achievements on this site, it's not the place. their hall of fame inductions should stand on their own, apparently not for you though. the point is you're missing the point of WHY i posted what i did. it's useless... thanks for "not minding the cross sport reference" - phew! it's so hard to keep track of all your posting/ not posting rules. i could not care less if you repond to anything else concerning this topic. i'm moving on, and getting myself into game day mode, nothing but positive bruins mojo from this point on. because we all know me being positive, helps the team win. hehe 

Relax.  Just chatting on a Wednesday morning.  I'm not sure why you've gone into FullDick mode.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

can you say passive-aggressive?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

can you say passive-aggressive?

Not as fast as you can say major over reaction!

Fight with someone else.  I mistook you for someone I could have a fun conversation with.  Go worship the not pre-programmed woman abuser Puckett.

Sorry for the confusion.   (<----- now, that's passive-aggressive!)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Not as fast as you can say major over reaction!

Fight with someone else.  I mistook you for someone I could have a fun conversation with.  Go worship the not pre-programmed woman abuser Puckett.

Sorry for the confusion.   (<----- now, that's passive-aggressive!)

[/QUOTE]

LOL! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i see today it's angry nas. i wonder what it will be tommorrow? you remind of oprah winfrey. fat oprah, skinny oprah, fat oprah, skinny oprah...... we all enjoy the happy nas much more. right... that 8x10 photo of puckett is just you "chatting on a wednesday morning"-  i'm not fighting with anyone. i tried making a point, and used one bad example- to which you jumped on immediately- completely ignoring the others, that prove my point. yet you act like that made your point somehow. yet you made no point at all other than pointing out i used a bad example. love how you "chat". seems pretty hollow to me. i'll just chalk it up to "nas being nas". who exactly am i worshipping again? talk about over reaction, you're a gem. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

and predictably we get a LOL from NOB. you guys are like johnny carson and ed mcmahon- minus the being funny or entertaining part. i'm surprised he didn't respond... great post nas!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

and predictably we get a LOL from NOB. you guys are like johnny carson and ed mcmahon- minus the being funny or entertaining part. i'm surprised he didn't respond... great post nas!!!

Thanks!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

This is one of the worst threads I have seen on this forum. Crosby plays 100% everygame (this is probably the only time he's ever disappeared in his life). Is incredibly dedicated off the ice, doesn't just go for the most money (I'm still convinced he took less to sign a career deal in pittsburgh). Is, by all indications a good leader, and has done precisely 0 tabloid worthy things. He is just the very definition of a franchise player. Saying he's immature is stupid. He got into an argument with an opposing player. He gave the player a little shove. After the game he said "I'm certainly not trying to fight him but i'm also not going to back down." Isn't taht exactly what you want from your players? Ya, when he was a rookie he would whine to the refs and dive. He doesn't do it any more than your average player anymore. People hate Arod because every indication is that he is a horrible person, he cheats, seems to only care about himself and money. People hate Crosby because he's the best hockey player in the world and there isn't anyone that is even remotely close to him.

You need to read more around here.  We have some pretty bad threads.  This isn't one of them.

People don't hate Crosby because he's the best in the world.  People hate him because he runs to the refs every single time the whistle blows.  People hate him because he's a little girl.  No, I don't want a guy that says he's not trying to fight but not willing to back down.  Go or don't.  Don't show up and hide behind a ref. 

I think you need to watch more Penguins games to see how much he cries to the zebras.

I can hear a boston fan's heart breaking.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

yup. NAS disagrees with me. what shall I do with my life now? hmmm. nailed it schlich 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Crosby hasn't cheated, and he's also stuck with the team that drafted him, which I appreciate.  He's been a fastastic player and come back from very serious injuries without skipping a beat. He does not appear to have off-ice/field issues.  He appears to be like dby his teammates.

On the other hand, the whining may be even worse than A-rod, and that's the part that irks me.  I can't think of another NHL player that is in the ear of the referees more than Crosby.  The entitlement seems similar to A-rod and I think that Crosby literally wants to be treated differently by officials because he is so good.

All in all, I'm not buying the analogy, but I can see where the comparison comes from.

I think he can be compared more to LeBron than Arod.  LeBron likes to complain when things don't go his way.  He also complains to the officials and believes that he should be treated differently than other NBA players. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't recall their being one off-ice incident involving Crosby either. A-Rod?? C'mon. Sidney Crosby can't go anywhere in the entire naton of Canada without being recognized. Rodriguez has lied, been photographed with strippers going back to his house, cheated the game he plays and cheated his family.

To compare Sidney Crosby to Alex Rodriguez is just plain stupid. I've seen Chara complain to the refs, granted, not as animated and the same with Lucic.

Sections
Shortcuts