Crosby is d0000ouche????????????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Crosby is d0000ouche????????????

I been reading threads and post as of late instead of commenting. Then I came across a threader saying that Crosby is dooo...ouche? I am going to say a simple remark that Crosby is the best player in the league if not the world, as of today. I am a die hard Bruins fan and not a Penguin fan but am a Crosby fan. He may of started as young whining kid but he definitely mature as person today. It seems every time I watch Syd play I am amaze the talent this kid has, he plays hockey with the thinking of a chess player always a few steps ahead of his opponent.

It will never happen seeing Crosby in a Bruins uniform but just watching him play makes my day. Yes I will say watching Seguin play is also a big enjoyment along with Datsyuk, Skinner and Stamkos.

Who ever thinks that Syd is dooo...uche should go back to watching bowling sorry I had say this but could not let this slide by.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Crosby is d0000ouche????????????

Sorry, my friend but I have to disagree. Not on Cindy being the greatest player on earth. He is. We haven't seen much of his whining, diving, cheap shots, etc. lately because he has been out injured so much. I'm not willing to say he's grown up until I see it for a longer period of time. For the time being, IMO, he is a d bag, spoiled, entitled, crybaby beeatch.

I don't watch bowling :P

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Crosby is d0000ouche????????????:
    Sorry, my friend but I have to disagree. Not on Cindy being the greatest player on earth. He is. We haven't seen much of his whining, diving, cheap shots, etc. lately because he has been out injured so much. I'm not willing to say he's grown up until I see it for a longer period of time. For the time being, IMO, he is a d bag, spoiled, entitled, crybaby beeatch. I don't watch bowling :P Posted by WalkTheLine

Good post and ^this^ will not change because his mentor is a bigger whiner!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Crosby is d0000ouche???????????? : Good post and ^this^ will not change because his mentor is a bigger whiner!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I was willing to start cutting Crosby some slack until he cried that it was Krejci who hurt him last time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Crosby is a bit of a jerk on the ice. So is Marchand. They are a lot similar. Crosby is better, Marchand is a bigger jerk. But both have elements of the good and the bad in their game. It's a part of their high compete level. I would take both on my team in a heartbeat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, the Krejci thing bothered me too.  Any reasonable person could look at that replay and see that the contact was entirely incidental.  For Crosby to imply otherwise and badmouth Krejci seemed petty and immature.

We'll see.  I love the skill and hope he grows up a little too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

he reminds me of a spoiled rich kid who thinks his shi* doesn't stink. but hey, he the best right?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He is the best player in the world, can't see how one would argue otherwise.

Is he a cry baby? If he's on your team no, if he's not then yes. Struggling to find a Bruins example here but I hardly hear people complain about David Ortiz antics about crying yet he's known as a cry baby. Umpires have said it in interviews. I don't care, hit 30 and 100. Same with Larry Bird. I've heard people say he was unbearable. Who cares? Banners are all that matters in the end. I hate basketball but i'm just saying.

Also, not sure how I'd be if everyone was telling me how awesome I am since I was 7 years old.

Awesome player, love watching him play..Look at what he's doing with Matt Cooke and Tyler Kennedy and just coming off a concussion. I was looking last night and his number projected over a 82 game season have him with 112 assists. Thats pretty good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: Crosby is d0000ouche????????????":
    he reminds me of a spoiled rich kid who thinks his shi* doesn't stink. but hey, he the best right?   Posted by adkbeesfan
    Spot on right here^^^^^^^^^^

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

What has Crosby done to be crowned best player in the world?  He won a hart?  So did Malkin and Ovy.  He won a stanley cup?  Yes but Malkin was the Conn Smyth MVP of that cup run.  He won Olympic gold?  True but he was by far not the best player on team Canada.  

Does he have the potential to be the best player in the world?  Sure but until I see him carry his team to a major victory like Orr, Espo, Gretzky and Lemieux he aint done it yet. IMO Thmoas accomplished as much as he has.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Those questions all had a yes but...As good as gretzky was he had some talent around him as well. How many HOFers on those teams?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

All those players were the best of the rest of their teams and dominated the league at some points in time.  With Crosby its always been a debate... crosby or Ovy, Crosby or Malkin, Crosby or Stamkos...  I'm just saying that mostly because of injuries he hasn't been able to convincly prove to me that he's the best in the world.  Staying injury free is part of the equation...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I'll take d-bags like Sid on my team any time. The kid has guts, heart, skill and a great work ethic. It's easy to overract when he's the guy on the other team. Love the time he took Savard's challenge. Mr. Phantom tough guy accused Sid of hiding behind the shield. Crosby skated to the bench and ordered the trainer to remove the shield. The look on Savard's cowardly face when they returned to the ice was priceless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Crosby is the best and yes he whines but so did Gretzky, especially in his early years, and I didn't hear too many people complaining about him.  I think Sid is ultra competitive and it oftens comes out the wrong way, but I would take that talent and streak of competitiveness on my team anytime.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Crosby might get the nod as the best, but I'd rather watch Pavel Datsyuk play a 200 foot game night after night at a staggering level.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Have you ever watched him play?  His total game is near flawless, with speed, agility, strength, intelligence, shot, passing, positioning, defensive responsibility and extreme competitiveness. Of course, I can't really take what you said seriously because a) Malkin never won a Hart and b) your statement that he was by far not the best player on team Canada is ridiculous. Who was better? If there was someone better, they certainly were not far better.  Most would say he was the best, but even if he wasn't, he was among the best. An over-the-top statement to make your point tends to do the opposite.

What has Crosby done to be crowned best player in the world?  He won a hart?  So did Malkin and Ovy.  He won a stanley cup?  Yes but Malkin was the Conn Smyth MVP of that cup run.  He won Olympic gold?  True but he was by far not the best player on team Canada.   Does he have the potential to be the best player in the world?  Sure but until I see him carry his team to a major victory like Orr, Espo, Gretzky and Lemieux he aint done it yet. IMO Thmoas accomplished as much as he has.
    Posted by mattbs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

One more head shot from being Lindros.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It all depends upon your definition od Dooouche. In the Toronto game, Seguin scored the 8th goal because he was finishing a play. He did not celebrate, or even smile. he was a class act. Crosby does not have that same gene. He is skilled, but he also whines, complains continuously, and fails, in my book, to be in the ORR, Bourque, Datsyuk, Toews, Bergeron level of maturity and contribution to his team with leadership. No denying his skill, BUT, he is missing something in his guts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

He is the best player in the world, can't see how one would argue otherwise. Is he a cry baby? If he's on your team no, if he's not then yes. Struggling to find a Bruins example here but I hardly hear people complain about David Ortiz antics about crying yet he's known as a cry baby. Umpires have said it in interviews. I don't care, hit 30 and 100. Same with Larry Bird. I've heard people say he was unbearable. Who cares? Banners are all that matters in the end. I hate basketball but i'm just saying. Also, not sure how I'd be if everyone was telling me how awesome I am since I was 7 years old. Awesome player, love watching him play..Look at what he's doing with Matt Cooke and Tyler Kennedy and just coming off a concussion. I was looking last night and his number projected over a 82 game season have him with 112 assists. Thats pretty good.
    Posted by kelvana33

If Cindy is on my team he's still a crybaby. Ortiz is considered a bitcher here in Boston by nearly everybody I know. Paul Pierce complains to the refs more than anyone. They are on my team and I wish they'd both shut up.

Bobby Orr was better than kids 4 years older than him at age 12. He had been the best player on the ice from a very young age and he knew it. I'm sure he was told how good he was by the many people who were amazed by him. Yet, the guy had the character and integrity to not turn out to be a dee bag. It's a matter of character and integrity. If you are prone to being a doooouche you will likely fall victim to the attention, adulation, etc. and end up thinking you are entitled to it all through divine right or something and you end up like Cindy Crysby, Mario Lemieux, ARod, Kobe, Bryant, etc. etc. etc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

One more head shot from being Lindros.
    Posted by teibore1

Lots of varying opinions here but this is the one that stands out as the most relevant. Crosby is one of the many players that is teetering on the edge of being knocked out of the game with 1 more hit. Sad, but true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

It all depends upon your definition od Dooouche. In the Toronto game, Seguin scored the 8th goal because he was finishing a play. He did not celebrate, or even smile. he was a class act. Crosby does not have that same gene. He is skilled, but he also whines, complains continuously, and fails, in my book, to be in the ORR, Bourque, Datsyuk, Toews, Bergeron level of maturity and contribution to his team with leadership. No denying his skill, BUT, he is missing something in his guts.
    Posted by bogie6

This is a great point.  Seguin's stock jumped in my eyes after watching that class move the other night.  I'd love to hear what Don Cherry said.

Gretzky deserves credit for being a class act as well, maybe not as much as Orr and not counting his coaching days, but he was a guy players should respect.  I'm pretty sure a lot of people told him how great he was from a young age.

The fact is, they don't make many Bobby Orrs any more.  He was the epitome of class and character, but you have to remember that class and character had value and was held in high regard in the 60's. It's simply not the case any more.  Such things are passe, and no one cares about integrity any more.  It's the unfortunate world we live in now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

SoxFan: just curious, what do you think the response would have been had Seguin pulled a Theo Fleury and dove across the ice, kicking his legs in the air with sheer glee? I think he would have made life long enemies of not only every Bud player but the entire GTA!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

SoxFan: just curious, what do you think the response would have been had Seguin pulled a Theo Fleury and dove across the ice, kicking his legs in the air with sheer glee? I think he would have made life long enemies of not only every Bud player but the entire GTA!
    Posted by jaywall

I'll take it even further.  Not only would the entire GTA hate him, but I think a large percentage of National Hockey League players would suddenly think of him as "that little jerk."

SO glad he did the right thing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Yep, his addition to the B's has brought such a new dynamic to the team. His speed and talent are off the charts. And his obvious maturity is just one more bonus.

Crazy stat time brought to you by a disgruntled TO fan from another board:

Kessel has 76 points and is a -8. That means that he has been on the ice for 84 goals against so far.

Seguin has 60 points and is a +29 meaning that he has been on the ice for 31 goals against.

That is a 53 goal differential. Yes, Kessel gets more ice time (premium PP time helps him with this) and +/- is not the greatest gauge of production but that is quite a difference!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yep, his addition to the B's has brought such a new dynamic to the team. His speed and talent are off the charts. And his obvious maturity is just one more bonus. Crazy stat time brought to you by a disgruntled TO fan from another board: Kessel has 76 points and is a -8. That means that he has been on the ice for 84 goals against so far. Seguin has 60 points and is a +29 meaning that he has been on the ice for 31 goals against. That is a 53 goal differential. Yes, Kessel gets more ice time (premium PP time helps him with this) and +/- is not the greatest gauge of production but that is quite a difference!
    Posted by jaywall

Does your equation take PP points into account?

Sections
Shortcuts