Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1100728--sidney-crosby-suffers-setback-will-be-out-indefinitely-with-concussion-like-symptoms?bn=1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions

And apparently he's blaming on Krejci.  So, not when he collided with his own teammate and got up slowly???

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/12/crosby-out-indefinitely-with-concussion-eyes-krejci-elbow/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions:
    [QUOTE]And apparently he's blaming on Krejci.  So, not when he collided with his own teammate and got up slowly??? http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/12/crosby-out-indefinitely-with-concussion-eyes-krejci-elbow/
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

That's weak.  He and Kunitz collide hard enough to kill each other, but no, it was Krejci. 

BS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions:
    [QUOTE]And apparently he's blaming on Krejci.  So, not when he collided with his own teammate and got up slowly??? http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/12/crosby-out-indefinitely-with-concussion-eyes-krejci-elbow/
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Blaming it on the hit by Krejci, not so much him.  A bit of a difference.  Certainly less intentional than the one Crosby delivered to Foligno.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions : That's weak.  He and Kunitz collide hard enough to kill each other, but no, it was Krejci.  BS.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I mean c'mon Sid, is that the best you can do? Anything to bring more heat on the B's i guess. Like you said Fletch, the collision with Kunitz was pretty hard and Sid got up mighty slow. But hey it's not like he wants to blame Kunitz for putting him out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Ya not a fan of him blaming Krejci. I get being cautious but you can't blame Krejci when there were several instances in which he got knocked around.

And had he kept his cool and not slashed Krejci back he probably wouldn't have had anyone else in his face the rest of the game.

Its clear that it wasn't intentional so chill out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It could have been the elbow.  It could have been the collision.  It could have been the cumulative effect of the hits he took during his few games back.  It could simply be that his symptoms came back independently.

He might be blaming the Krejčí more than anything else because he does not want to believe it is one of those latter two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Good for Krejci. I hope that now Crosby and his Penguins know how we feel when Cooke hit Savard. We lost Savard for 2 seasons now. All Crosby did was defend Cooke on the hit to Savard. Corsby and Lemiuex said it was a clean open ice hit. Well Crosby you had yours coming. Deal with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bad publicity on another Bruin for nothing.
    Backes want to punch Crosby in the head the game the Blues played the Pens.
    Sid's no Saint.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions : That's weak.  He and Kunitz collide hard enough to kill each other, but no, it was Krejci.  BS.

Agreed.  Total BS.  Is he really just trying to protect a teammate's feelings?  Weak.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

he had no problem continuing to play after being hit by Krejci but when he collided with Kunitz he missed a couple of shifts so..........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Baby needs his bottle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]It could have been the elbow.  It could have been the collision.  It could have been the cumulative effect of the hits he took during his few games back.  It could simply be that his symptoms came back independently. He might be blaming the Krejčí more than anything else because he does not  want to believe it is one of those latter two.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Could have happened because he was walking too briskly to the arena.

Regardless of who or how, concussions are scary.  Especialy for anyone earning a living in a contact sport like hockey. 

I'm not sure if anyone can ever get 100% healthy again once you've had 1 (or more) you'll be susceptible to getting them again and again and from hits far less then the one that originally caused it.

I think Crosby should shut it down this year.  Bergeron lost a full year (right?) and Savard will likely never come back (he probably should have shut it down for a full year as well).  

I know he may not be a fan favorite on this forum, but we could be looking at the premature end of an elite player's career.  I hope not........time will tell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I was watching the Pittsburgh broadcast for that game. None of the Pittsburgh announcers were complaining about any Bruins hits to Crosby that I can remember. Bob Errey for sure would have gone on and on if there were any questionable Bruins hits.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions : Could have happened because he was walking too briskly to the arena. Regardless of who or how, concussions are scary.  Especialy for anyone earning a living in a contact sport like hockey.  I'm not sure if anyone can ever get 100% healthy again once you've had 1 (or more) you'll be susceptible to getting them again and again and from hits far less then the one that originally caused it. I think Crosby should shut it down this year.  Bergeron lost a full year (right?) and Savard will likely never come back (he probably should have shut it down for a full year as well).   I know he may not be a fan favorite on this forum, but we could be looking at the premature end of an elite player's career.  I hope not........time will tell
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]
    LRH, Boston has had more than their share of career ending injuries......Orr, Leveille, Kluzak, Neely and Savard to name a few. It stinks but unfortunately it's part of the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]It could have been the elbow.  It could have been the collision.  It could have been the cumulative effect of the hits he took during his few games back.  It could simply be that his symptoms came back independently. He might be blaming the Krejčí more than anything else because he does not  want to believe it is one of those latter two.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

That's kind of what I'm getting at Dr.  It's his level of certainty that I find annoying and how casually he throws Krejci under the bus for something that could have happended any number of ways.  He's already decided that it was definitely Krejci, and now Krejci gets to answer the questions and deal with all of the negetive attention around this.  It's now his fault that the best player in the NHL is out of action.  It's also another chapter about the big, bad Bruins playing dirty and cheating the league out of any punishment.  The Vancouver blog scene will be all over this.

I think it's weak for Crosby to do that.  Poor sportsmanship, IMO.

Maybe he believes that Krejci did it on purpose.  Didn't look that way to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions : That's kind of what I'm getting at Dr.  It's his level of certainty that I find annoying and how casually he throws Krejci under the bus for something that could have happended any number of ways.  He's already decided that it was definitely Krejci, and now Krejci gets to answer the questions and deal with all of the negetive attention around this.  It's now his fault that the best player in the NHL is out of action.  It's also another chapter about the big, bad Bruins playing dirty and cheating the league out of any punishment.  The Vancouver blog scene will be all over this. I think it's weak for Crosby to do that.  Poor sportsmanship, IMO. Maybe he believes that Krejci did it on purpose.  Didn't look that way to me.
    Fletch, it would seem as if this concussion has made Crosby regress to the whiner we all saw during his first 2 seasons. I was actually starting to gain some respect for the way he seemed to have grown up (and shut up) as the years passed yet, here we go again. I was pissed when after his dirty hit on Foligno, Crosby said if it was anybody else it'd be a non-story but that because it was him, it was magnified 100 times. Get over yourself Sid. Gretzky and Orr weren't bigger than the game. You aren't either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In response to "Re: Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions": [QUOTE]And apparently he's blaming on Krejci.  So, not when he collided with his own teammate and got up slowly??? http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/12/crosby-out-indefinitely-with-concussion-eyes-krejci-elbow/ Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE] Crosby is a weasel constantly doing little dirty things(look up Crosby slew foot) then because he loses blames the player who was agitating him all night. Guy needs to grow up he has lost so much of my respect lately.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions : Fletch, it would seem as if this concussion has made Crosby regress to the whiner we all saw during his first 2 seasons. I was actually starting to gain some respect for the way he seemed to have grown up (and shut up) as the years passed yet, here we go again. I was pissed when after his dirty hit on Foligno, Crosby said if it was anybody else it'd be a non-story but that because it was him, it was magnified 100 times. Get over yourself Sid. Gretzky and Orr weren't bigger than the game. You aren't either.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I had the exact same thoughts Dez.  In particular, what we're seeing reminded me of Crosby at the beginning of his career with all of the crying and complaining every game.  It seems like he's back there again.  He clearly thinks he's above it all from the way he reacted to Krejci and the way he dismissed his hit on Filigno.  A shame because I love watching him play and he did seem to be maturing in recent years.  He carried on with Krejci for a long time at the game and apparently is still upset.  Looked like an unlucky, but pretty routine shot of the elbow there.  It happens to everyone.

I thought he should have been more upset over the Steckel hit last year and less upset over this one.  Strange.

Unfortunate all around.  I still hope he makes a quick recovery.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

It's his best talent. Whining like a little batch. I just saw the collision with his own team mate and even though it was not to his head he was jarred pretty good. The Penns are a classless org.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby out again indefinitely.....recurrence of concussion symptions : I had the exact same thoughts Dez.  In particular, what we're seeing reminded me of Crosby at the beginning of his career with all of the crying and complaining every game.  It seems like he's back there again.  He clearly thinks he's above it all from the way he reacted to Krejci and the way he dismissed his hit on Filigno.  A shame because I love watching him play and he did seem to be maturing in recent years.  He carried on with Krejci for a long time at the game and apparently is still upset.  Looked like an unlucky, but pretty routine shot of the elbow there.  It happens to everyone. I thought he should have been more upset over the Steckel hit last year and less upset over this one.  Strange. Unfortunate all around.  I still hope he makes a quick recovery.
    Fletch, I honestly don't remember the "elbow" that DK got him with. It was a crazy game with lots going on but it couldn't have been much or it would've been played over and over on every highlight pack. That Crosby would even bother blaming DK is laughable after the hit he took from Kunitz (who did all he could to avoid contact). As soon as I saw the replay I told the guys I was watching with that Crosby was going to miss some time over that one. They both agreed (Habs and Leafs fans BTW so no bias). I know he's upset but you'd think he'd realize how much better it would've been if he'd just chalked it up to bad luck in a fast game. This behavior isn't likely to win him any new fans but it seems to be affecting the way some of his current fans see him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Watching an interview of Sir Sid right now on Versus. He did not pinpoint that the elbow was the reason but ruled out the collision with Kunitz. Then they showed the hit, Krejci was spinning around with no intention. It looked to me like he barley touched him no follow through.

Look at the hit of Engelland on Savard last year it was nothing compared to David's elbow on Saint Sid. Crosby will get hit like that and the Hunwick hit on Savard as well so we'll see more interviews naming culprits.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkYbEYWCiNk

DK spins to protect the puck and Sid must have headbutted his elbow. I'd like to know how they scored that hit on the score sheet...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Total BS if Crosby pinpoints the inadvertent elbow by Krejci as the reason for his occerence.  Like others have said the PCS can occer for simple reasons like colliding with Kunitz or some other collision a game before.  I personally want Crosby back in the NHL as I do Savard, but to wit the occerence of PCS on one play or player is basically simple thinking.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Reading the comments on TSN is hilarious again. They range from taking out hitting altogether to needing bigger rinks and fewer players to the evil Bruins doing it to another player.......if I hadn't read the comments myself I wouldn't have believed that some of them were written.

Sections
Shortcuts