Crosby re"Torts"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Crosby re"Torts"

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=626309

Crosby reacts to Tortorella's comments without the theatrics and facial expressions shown by the NYR coach in his interview.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Crosby re"Torts"

Crosby said all the right things to the media but he's still a crybaby on the ice.  That will never change no matter how much he denies it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I was pleased to see him make bulletin board material of it by saying it's Flyers garbage.  Keep shovellin' that coal, kid, and keep your head up.

There is an element of this that makes one want to sound like a certain troll though - the rich love the police.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

crosby's "right" things are as blatant as his constant yapping. He claims that he has toned down, but observations are still noticing his motor mouth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts":
    [QUOTE]Crosby said all the right things to the media but he's still a crybaby on the ice.  That will never change no matter how much he denies it.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

This is true but it could include many players throughout the league. Crosby is more noticeable because he's high profile.

And speaking of crybabies. Is there an NHL coach who goes crazy and cries about calls behind the bench more then Tortorella ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

[QUOTE] Is there an NHL coach who goes crazy and cries about calls behind the bench more then Tortorella ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Linda Ruff

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I was pleased to see him make bulletin board material of it by saying it's Flyers garbage.  Keep shovellin' that coal, kid, and keep your head up. There is an element of this that makes one want to sound like a certain troll though - the rich love the police.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Bulletin board material or not the Flyers would play Crosby the same as they always have. It's pretty hard for these teams to hate each other any more then they do already.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" : Linda Ruff
    Posted by kegarret[/QUOTE]

Good pick but not in the same "vein popping" echelon of Tortorella IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" : This is true but it could include many players throughout the league. Crosby is more noticeable because he's high profile. And speaking of crybabies. Is there an NHL coach who goes crazy and cries about calls behind the bench more then Tortorella ?

Good point...and yes, Torts is a loose cannon which is great for the media.  Makes me appreciate even more CJ's and the Bruins policy of not stirring up sh1t in the media, and keeping all the complaining behind closed doors.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" : Good point...and yes, Torts is a loose cannon which is great for the media.  Makes me appreciate even more CJ's and the Bruins policy of not stirring up sh1t in the media, and keeping all the complaining behind closed doors.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

One other thought. Is there a Bruin who consistently whines to on ice officials ? I know Julien does his fair share but I don't notice any of the players who do this .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

uhhhhh.....just thought of one who leads the way. Milan Lucic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

You're right about CJ and Lucic they always complain to the refs, but I can't remember them ever bringing their complaints to the media.  Maybe they have, I just don't remember.  Krejci used to complain quite a bit too but he has toned it down. 

Felger and Mazz had Lucic on their show right after the Miller incident and from what I remember Lucic was laughing about it.  Miller should have gotten a game for that stick swing - you don't have to make contact to have a penalty called.  Lucic didn't even bring this up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Lucic is a whiner?  Haven't really noticed that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

Chowdhkid, tip o' the hat for the nice pun in the title, good use of the word "retorts."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Lucic is a whiner?  Haven't really noticed that.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Knew this would have a reply or two.

Maybe whiner is a little strong of a word considering where we are ( Bruins forum ). How about out of all the Bruins "he lets his feelings be known to the refs about the calls" more often then any other Bruin ?

On other teams forums he would be known as a bit of a whiner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" : Knew this would have a reply or two. Maybe whiner is a little strong of a word considering where we are ( Bruins forum ). How about out of all the Bruins "he lets his feelings be known to the refs about the calls" more often then any other Bruin ? On other teams forums he would be known as a bit of a whiner.

Don't disagree with that.

Although, Lucic is usually trying to beg-out of calls, while a guy like Crosby is begging for them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" : Knew this would have a reply or two. Maybe whiner is a little strong of a word considering where we are ( Bruins forum ). How about out of all the Bruins "he lets his feelings be known to the refs about the calls" more often then any other Bruin ? On other teams forums he would be known as a bit of a whiner.

I see him yelling at/threatening opponents after the whistle often, but I don't see him as a "who me?" or "what? what did I do?" or "you gotta be kidding me" or "are you really not going to call that?" sort of player.

Marc Savard was the biggest whining crybaby in Bruins history.  I wouldn't say Lucic is even a complainer, let alone a whiner!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I watch every Crosby game I can simply because he's the best on the planet right now.  When he was younger, he was the King of Cry.  These days he certainly is not.  Those here who are suggesting that is still it, let me ask you:  How many times have you seen Crosby play in the last few years?

My guess is not very many.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]I watch every Crosby game I can simply because he's the best on the planet right now.  When he was younger, he was the King of Cry.  These days he certainly is not.  Those here who are suggesting that is still it, let me ask you:  How many times have you seen Crosby play in the last few years? My guess is not very many.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You're right.  I don't see him enough so I'm going on his reputation. 

As a side note, I know you're a huge Datsuyk fan.  Do you like Crosby's game better?  Just curious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]I watch every Crosby game I can simply because he's the best on the planet right now.  When he was younger, he was the King of Cry.  These days he certainly is not.  Those here who are suggesting that is still it, let me ask you:  How many times have you seen Crosby play in the last few years? My guess is not very many.

That's because he hasn't played many games the past few years!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" : I see him yelling at/threatening opponents after the whistle often, but I don't see him as a "who me?" or "what? what did I do?" or "you gotta be kidding me" or "are you really not going to call that?" sort of player. Marc Savard was the biggest whining crybaby in Bruins history.  I wouldn't say Lucic is even a complainer, let alone a whiner!

In history, I'm not sure.  But he was definitely a whiner.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" : I see him yelling at/threatening opponents after the whistle often, but I don't see him as a "who me?" or "what? what did I do?" or "you gotta be kidding me" or "are you really not going to call that?" sort of player. Marc Savard was the biggest whining crybaby in Bruins history.  I wouldn't say Lucic is even a complainer, let alone a whiner!

My eyes and yours have seen a lot of things that are different and how they've come across. He is the most vocal of all the Bruins to the refs as he makes his way to the box.

And obviously you never seen Espo play in a Bruins uniform long enough to say that about Savard.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" :  And obviously you never seen Espo play in a Bruins uniform long enough to say that about Savard.

I'll rephrase to add "in the last 30 years".

I think that's fair.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now that's more like it.  Lucic gets too many "reputation calls" (as Marchand) and many calls on him don't get called. That's when Julien looses it.

I agree though that Tortarella whines too much, almost on every call.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" : I'll rephrase to add "in the last 30 years". I think that's fair.

Mike Milbury played during part of that era and would be in the mix for me. He yapped at the refs a lot. 

But saying Savard would be up there is fair.