Crosby re"Torts"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Crosby re"Torts"

In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" : Now that's more like it.  Lucic gets too many "reputation calls" (as Marchand) and many calls on him don't get called. That's when Julien looses it. I agree though that Tortarella whines too much, almost on every call.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

That's more like what ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Honestly....what really irritates me is when they whine to media after the game. 

What they say during doesn't really bother me that much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I watch every Crosby game I can simply because he's the best on the planet right now.  When he was younger, he was the King of Cry.  These days he certainly is not.  Those here who are suggesting that is still it, let me ask you:  How many times have you seen Crosby play in the last few years? My guess is not very many.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Unfortunate circumstance called " reputation"  .  Everyone likes to hate winners. Crosby plays with a certain snare in his game, if he was a Bruin , I would be praising him for his snare.
    I hate the Penguins, always have , not Crosby.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" : That's more like what ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

than calling Lucic a whiner .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Lucic is a target of the refs I would be spouting off if other players were allowed to do stuff to me but when I did something not as bad on another player i am always getting in the box.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re"Torts" : I see him yelling at/threatening opponents after the whistle often, but I don't see him as a "who me?" or "what? what did I do?" or "you gotta be kidding me" or "are you really not going to call that?" sort of player. Marc Savard was the biggest whining crybaby in Bruins history.  I wouldn't say Lucic is even a complainer, let alone a whiner!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'd add Savard toned it down several notches by the time he arrived in Boston.

He was at the point where his teammates couldnt take him anymore.

For all the threads dedicated here to Crosbys' whining, and he does, he takes alot while on ice as well. John Torterella, Berube can say what they want, if their G.M's came down and said hey, we just traded for Crosby, they'd be shedding tears of joy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Re: Crosby re

I am surprised Crosby did not babble some other sports catchphrases like "I always give 110%" or "we want to come out hard" in that interview. He has been in the media spotlight all his life and, like a politician, knows exactly what to say publicly. He probably does not actually believe one word he uttered in his response.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Crosby re:
    [QUOTE]I am surprised Crosby did not babble some other sports catchphrases like "I always give 110%" or "we want to come out hard" in that interview. He has been in the media spotlight all his life and, like a politician, knows exactly what to say publicly. He probably does not actually believe one word he uttered in his response.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

You know inside he's just saying how much he wants to make them pay. I bet he lights it up versus the Flyers in the first round. If you know your playing Crosby in the first round, or in Torts case may see them down the road, I'm not sure it's the best strategy to call out Sid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Crosby re:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crosby re : You know inside he's just saying how much he wants to make them pay. I bet he lights it up versus the Flyers in the first round. If you know your playing Crosby in the first round, or in Torts case may see them down the road, I'm not sure it's the best strategy to call out Sid.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

No doubt. It is never a good idea to give a superstar a reason to overperform. Maybe Torts strategy was to ensure the Rangers do not have to play Philly? Nah, too smart even for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Tortorella is no dummy.  He's calling out the Penguins so that the officials have them under a microscope for the playoffs.  Not a bad idea, especially considering many feel the Pens are a legit contender for the ECF's and could possibly play NY.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Tortorella is no dummy.  He's calling out the Penguins so that the officials have them under a microscope for the playoffs.  Not a bad idea, especially considering many feel the Pens are a legit contender for the ECF's and could possibly play NY.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Same reason Gillis went on those rants last year. Smart move, in a cynical way, that does work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Tortorella is no dummy.  He's calling out the Penguins so that the officials have them under a microscope for the playoffs.  Not a bad idea, especially considering many feel the Pens are a legit contender for the ECF's and could possibly play NY.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

I dont think I'd want to tick off the officials either. They don't like being called out. If he thinks he's going to buy himself a call or two I'd say he is sorely mistaken.

Sections
Shortcuts