Crosby’s Accusation Against Chara Another Low Point For The Face Of The NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Crosby’s Accusation Against Chara Another Low Point For The Face Of The NHL

"Well, Crosby’s not even doing the complaining himself, leaving his agent, Pat Brisson, to be his mouthpiece. As Damien Cox of the Toronto Star passed along on Friday, “Sidney Crosby’s agent is convinced Zdeno Chara of the Bruins intentionally punched Crosby where he had broken his jaw in Game 1. Nasty.”

"But in super slow-motion, and with some sort of mega zoom, Crosby and his agent were convinced that Chara had purposefully taken the time to carefully target Crosby’s exposed jaw with a direct jab in the middle of a scrum. And so they gathered the video and sent it along to TSN, which was happy to “report” on the wretched assault on hockey’s golden boy. (TSN’s Darren Dreger actually took Chara aside to show him the video. Chara is in the middle of playing for the Stanley Cup.)"

While the Zapruder-esque slow-motion footage provided by TSN looks damning for Chara, the video at regular speed (uploaded to YouTube by user @dafoomie) of the “incident” shows it for it is: nothing."

Way to go Dafoomie!

Crosby did sort of refer to the play in question after the game.

“They’re letting a lot go out there, and the more it gets like that, the more it’s going to escalate,” Crosby said of the referees, who penalized him for interference as well as slashing in Game 1. “You can only control and channel that stuff so much. You keep letting guys do that stuff, you’re just going to push the envelope. That’s something we obviously want to stay away from, but it’s kind of a natural thing when it gets like that.”

Sidney Crosby and Zdeno Chara (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Crosby hiding behind his agent now. What a Doosh!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Crosby’s Accusation Against Chara Another Low Point For The Face Of The NHL

Sniff.. sniff, waaaaaahhh!! Choke...sniff...waaahhhh!!! Wipe.....sniff...waaahhhhh!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just unbelievable.  

Someone put together tape of all of Crosby's cheap shots from Game 1 and send it to TSN.

This is pathetic, even for him.

Crybaby.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If you don't want to get hit stay out of the scrum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I wonder if when he was talking about the refs "letting a lot of stuff go", he was referring to the captain of one team skating over to elbow the goalie of the other team during a stoppage?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So many things wrong with this.  Such as...

1.  If he's still injured, he should have his protector on.

2.  If he doesn't want to get punched in the face, he shouldn't grab a mean SOB from behind in a scrum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

IWWSJWS

Everytime I read something like this IWWSJWS or "I wonder what Stan Jonathon would say".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

So Crosby, knowing he has a bad jaw, having removed his protective face shield, gets involved in a scrum on his own and is upset about a love tap?  If this was Montreal the police would be called. Move on Sidney, game, set and match!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

IWWSJWS

Everytime I read something like this IWWSJWS or "I wonder what Stan Jonathon would say".

"I'd rather take a punch in the face with a busted jaw than get it from behind from Bubba again tonight."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/6/14/4431890/video-chara-punched-crosby

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

From what I understand Jonathans rifle was too long, giving him a lack of accuracy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Good Lord Almighty what's next....Iggy gonna complain because Marchand called him a bad name!? Can't stand the heat..get your behind outta the kitchen!" And considering Damion Cox's name is mentioned not too surprised, after his whiny as s tweeting about JJ's hook on Malkin in gm 3.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Crosby 0-0-0, team 0-4....that's how he ended the season...that's how I'll remember him in 2013. Why is there even a thread devoted to this highly overated, overhyped, overNBCed marketed "superstar?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

I hope this pisses the B's off and they channel that rage towards Chicago.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

B.u.l.l.s.h.i.t.

Cry me a river, and drown yourself in it, Sydney boy.

This is what happens when you play with men, my boy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

On a past HNIC Coach's Corner Don Cherry (I can't remember the exact time frame but it might have been shortly after he return from a concussion) showed video of him in the middle of scrums, some jousting and said something to the effect of if Crosby's going to play a rambunctious style and get in the mix as he does, he's going to get roughed up and hit sometimes. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Bunch of damn cry babies. A shove or cuff to the face happens all the time in scrums.  Of course if  you slow it down it looks like his jaw was being targeted.  I am losing respect for Sid when it comes to this crap.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Nolakanookie's comment:

So Crosby, knowing he has a bad jaw, having removed his protective face shield, gets involved in a scrum on his own and is upset about a love tap?  If this was Montreal the police would be called. Move on Sidney, game, set and match!

On the OK of his Dr's. no less! This is so typical & the Penquins are really starting to be the Canucks of the East, because of this stuff. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/6/14/4431890/video-chara-punched-crosby

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

Best part of this clip Dez is that Z hits him with a left (weaker arm) and Cindy AND Bergeron go flying back!! LOL What a beast!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

First Krejci and now Chara, boy ol' Sid has it in for the Czechoslovakian's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Crosby is a disgrace. He should be playing Euro soccer where he can duck, cry and prance around like a ballerina. Can't stand the whining little sh*t. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

So many things wrong with this.  Such as...

1.  If he's still injured, he should have his protector on.

2.  If he doesn't want to get punched in the face, he shouldn't grab a mean SOB from behind in a scrum.

Exactly !!!!  Move on Crosby and learn to play with some pain or take yourself out of the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

WNHL?

ending threads since '07

Sections
Shortcuts