Crosby’s Accusation Against Chara Another Low Point For The Face Of The NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Crosby’s Accusation Against Chara Another Low Point For The Face Of The NHL

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/6/14/4431890/video-chara-punched-crosby

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

I just watched that video five times in a row.  Someone should make a .gif out of it.  It would be my second favorite of the playoffs to this one: 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I just read the latest issue of Sports Illustrated, nice article about the Bruins playoff run in it and Crosby was nothing but complimentary when he spoke about the Bruins. This is his agent talking, not him.

I'm not going to hold what his agent says against him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

i looked at it in super slo-mo and this is what i saw...looks as though Big Z's right arm is making contact with Crosby's jaw...

Photo: One can only Hope!

BBB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Crosby 0-0-0, team 0-4....that's how he ended the season...that's how I'll remember him in 2013. Why is there even a thread devoted to this highly overated, overhyped, overNBCed marketed "superstar?"

Malkin had about the same line score! He even had to pick a fight with someone about 5 inches smaller to try and light a fire under teammates backsides! Enuff said!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangedman. Show hangedman's posts

On another venue, a few Pittsburgh fans are bleating about Chara's "attempt to injure," but the majority of Pens fans are dismissing this latest blather from Crosby and the propaganda machine that is the Pens front office.  You know the rhetoric is getting stale when even your own rabid followers scoff at it.

As someone in that other venue pointed out, If Chara had been intending to hurt Crosby in that situation, Sid would have been back in the hospital.  Or worse.

Is Chara likely to be canonized any time soon?  No.  Was it a cheap shot?  Certainly.  A cheap shot designed to throw Crosby off his game.

I guess you could say it worked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Whoever made that gif it is great!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I think Zdeno should have put more strengh in his punch...way too soft on Crosby...maybe we should call him the gentle Giant....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

It's the agent, worrying about the next contract, trying to come up with an answer to why Crosby went absent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Looks more like a reaction to the play, rather than knowing of his broken jaw. Who knows. Crosby should have just kept his protection on his helmet. He has to expect this stuff will happen and can happen to anyone.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Sid your team lost . That's it stop using your agent to get your point across. Be a MAN and come out and say it yourself. You weren't Complaining in the first two rounds against the Islanders or Sens get over it, show some type of good sportsmanship if you want players and fans to respect you on and off the ice .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Crosby 0-0-0, team 0-4....that's how he ended the season...that's how I'll remember him in 2013. Why is there even a thread devoted to this highly overated, overhyped, overNBCed marketed "superstar?"

Amen, brother! If Crosby is the "face of the NHL", then the League needs to find a new face. Cosby's face belongs in a Gerber commercial! What a wuss!!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Amen, brother! If Crosby is the "face of the NHL", then the League needs to find a new face. Cosby's face belongs in a Gerber commercial! What a wuss!!  

Wow TexasPat on the Bruins forum who knew. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

I hate crosby  very talented player but he is a classic case of dish it out but can't take it. I could care less if he gets a concussion that ends his career for good it might put the cry baby out of his missery.

That's just F'ing stupid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

My my an agent no less, must be a secret agent 00 00, shaken but not stirred.  Retardded comment, he must be looking for some more money certainly not any more clients.  Booby Orr was hit harder than that on a good night.  Certainly this is an example of 21st technologies negatives.  Damien Cox sold some more "support" from the zombies of loyal readers.  Yikes.  Hockey is going the way of the NBA if this is truly the agents point of view, if not a 90s "bling bling" of that generation's paparatesi.  

Sarcasm:  Crosby lost his game cause he was picked on by the Bs.  The Pens lost four straight for Crosby was not super.  What explains Malkin then?  Iginla? Norris trophy candidate Letang? Brooks Orpik?  et al.  NONSENSE!

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Well, Crosby’s not even doing the complaining himself, leaving his agent, Pat Brisson, to be his mouthpiece. As Damien Cox of the Toronto Star passed along on Friday, “Sidney Crosby’s agent is convinced Zdeno Chara of the Bruins intentionally punched Crosby where he had broken his jaw in Game 1. Nasty.”

"But in super slow-motion, and with some sort of mega zoom, Crosby and his agent were convinced that Chara had purposefully taken the time to carefully target Crosby’s exposed jaw with a direct jab in the middle of a scrum. And so they gathered the video and sent it along to TSN, which was happy to “report” on the wretched assault on hockey’s golden boy. (TSN’s Darren Dreger actually took Chara aside to show him the video. Chara is in the middle of playing for the Stanley Cup.)"

While the Zapruder-esque slow-motion footage provided by TSN looks damning for Chara, the video at regular speed (uploaded to YouTube by user @dafoomie) of the “incident” shows it for it is: nothing."

Way to go Dafoomie!

Crosby did sort of refer to the play in question after the game.

“They’re letting a lot go out there, and the more it gets like that, the more it’s going to escalate,” Crosby said of the referees, who penalized him for interference as well as slashing in Game 1. “You can only control and channel that stuff so much. You keep letting guys do that stuff, you’re just going to push the envelope. That’s something we obviously want to stay away from, but it’s kind of a natural thing when it gets like that.”

Sidney Crosby and Zdeno Chara (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Crosby hiding behind his agent now. What a Doosh!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow TexasPat on the Bruins forum who knew. 

Do y'all think that Sid is watching the finals?? LOL!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Crosby will be great in his next game they are home to Florida-lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

I hate crosby  very talented player but he is a classic case of dish it out but can't take it. I could care less if he gets a concussion that ends his career for good it might put the cry baby out of his missery. When playing he is always crying about something. Another thing too I will add is he couldn't even carry super mario's jock strap as a player talent wise Mario did his share of crying to but sid has taken it to a new level. " Don"t messs with a bull unless you want to get the horns"!

So many things wrong with that statement right there.  Really? After Savard I can't fathom anyone being OK with that.