Cross Finally Signs......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Cross Finally Signs......

....and will report to Prov for this weekend's must-win games. I hope his skill-set translates in the pros.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

Re: Cross Finally Signs......

Really like this kid. Immediate leader. It was a pleasure watching against Maine. Hope his knees hold up with the seasons ahead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Two things the P-Bruins have been lacking on the blueline this season size and leadership.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I watched him play numerous in Hockeyeast action but I feel he'll be an slightly less than average NHL'er at best. I'm sure he is a good leader as was pointed out and probably a terrific kid but even avid BC fans don't rave about his game or prospects for the next level.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope he crams my doubts right back in my face.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from psinct. Show psinct's posts

Hard to know how Cross will do at the next level. Definitely not the sure thing top 4 NHL D man that his teamate Doumalin is. 
    He's not flashy, and not overly physical despite his size. On the other hand he rarely if ever gets caught out of position and generally makes good reads and accurate first passes out of his own zone. I watched him at Westminister and his play didn't really jump out at you but he certainly turned into a very solid college defensemen. 
    If he continues to progress and stays healthy he may well become a legit 5th or 6th D man for the Bs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I see his stats have improved every year . GOOD !!!!!!! HEE HEE HEE HEE

CROSS' CAREER STATISTICS

YEAR CL GP G A PTS +/- PEN PPG SHG HT GW

2008-09 Fr. 24 0 8 8 -9 12/24 0 0 0 0
    2009-10 So. 38 5 5 10 +2 18/36 2 0 0 0
    2010-11 Jr. 28 7 11 18 +13 17/45 3 0 0 2
    CAREER 90 12 24 36 +6 47/105 5 0 0 2

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chowda, I thought Cross was a senior. Why only 3 year totals. They are all improvements, but, will his knees stand up to NHL physicality? Can he skate at the NHL level? Krug shows he can skate and move the puck. If Cross can mimic Krug, Chiarelli may have solved his lack of depth on defnse. But, what about Warsofsky, and the other existing Providence D ? Have they improved? any observations and comparisons? Will 2013 have Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuck, McQuaid, Hamilton and Krug?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Cross Finally Signs......:
    [QUOTE]Chowda, I thought Cross was a senior. Why only 3 year totals. They are all improvements, but, will his knees stand up to NHL physicality? Can he skate at the NHL level? Krug shows he can skate and move the puck. If Cross can mimic Krug, Chiarelli may have solved his lack of depth on defnse. But, what about Warsofsky, and the other existing Providence D ? Have they improved? any observations and comparisons? Will 2013 have Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuck, McQuaid, Hamilton and Krug?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I found these stats and didn't realize they were missing this season. I defer all questions about Cross to others .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

2006-07 USNTDP Under-18 Team NAHL 2 0 2 2 0        
    2007-08 Ohio Junior Blue Jackets USHL 9 0 4 4 8 -3 ----------
    2008-09 Boston College H-East 24 0 8 8 24        
    2009-10 Boston College H-East 38 5 5 10 36        
    2010-11 Boston College H-East 28 7 11 18 45        
    2011-12 Boston College H-East 44 5 19 24 66        

Embed Tommy Cross stats! | View as text

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

no titles on the stats columns dez, help? haha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]2006-07 USNTDP Under-18 Team NAHL 2 0 2 2 0             2007-08 Ohio Junior Blue Jackets USHL 9 0 4 4 8 -3 -- -- -- -- -- 2008-09 Boston College H-East 24 0 8 8 24             2009-10 Boston College H-East 38 5 5 10 36             2010-11 Boston College H-East 28 7 11 18 45             2011-12 Boston College H-East 44 5 19 24 66             Embed Tommy Cross stats! | View as text
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, career highs in his senior season. Hey Badh..........ah, forget it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Good luck to him. I hope his knee injuries are a thing of the past and he eventually makes his way to the B's roster. His college stats are certainly encouraging.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cross Finally Signs...... : Hmmmm, career highs in his senior season. Hey Badh..........ah, forget it.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Red flag:  down trend in stats.  

He is not physical in situations where he should be.  He is lacking in fundamentals, in camp and in games he fails to put it on the stick of someone when he and that other person are not being pressured.

Fluto says "A high-end NHL comparable for Cross is Robyn Regehr".
    Note "high end" and that's putting it in its best light possible, best halogen spotlight available.  A "team leader", that's one thing when you might be the biggest guy there at 210, and quite another thing when you're on a team where 210 is nothing special.

If I'm wrong, great, but I say look for other prospects to be excited about.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Interesting, but I don't think that Cross is lacking in fundamentals.  I thought his fundamentals were quite good.  He's a very solid defensmen.  What's possibly lacking is any dynamic ability to make great plays and throw punishing checks or something like that.  At times he looks kind of pedestrian, but he also appears to have NHL skill and NHL size.  I'm not that optimistic about him either, but I do think he has the basic NHL skill set and was one of the best players on a loaded BC team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cross Finally Signs...... : Hmmmm, career highs in his senior season. Hey Badh..........ah, forget it.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Wait a second, career high in his senior year?  How do you get that?  he played 16 more games and got 6 more points over the previous season, that is a very minimal increase in ppg and isn't the kind of improvement over time that I would like to see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cross Finally Signs...... : Wait a second, career high in his senior year?  How do you get that?  he played 16 more games and got 6 more points over the previous season, that is a very minimal increase in ppg and isn't the kind of improvement over time that I would like to see.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Career highs in each category . How did you translate me saying career highs into ppg ? I didn't see that heading.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Interesting, but I don't think that Cross is lacking in fundamentals.  I thought his fundamentals were quite good.  He's a very solid defensmen.  What's possibly lacking is any dynamic ability to make great plays and throw punishing checks or something like that.  At times he looks kind of pedestrian, but he also appears to have NHL skill and NHL size.  I'm not that optimistic about him either, but I do think he has the basic NHL skill set and was one of the best players on a loaded BC team.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Thanks Fletch . It's always good to get a different perspective.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cross Finally Signs...... : Exactly.  Red flag:  down trend in stats.   He is not physical in situations where he should be.  He is lacking in fundamentals, in camp and in games he fails to put it on the stick of someone when he and that other person are not being pressured. Fluto says " A high-end NHL comparable for Cross is Robyn Regehr". Note "high end" and that's putting it in its best light possible, best halogen spotlight available.  A "team leader", that's one thing when you might be the biggest guy there at 210, and quite another thing when you're on a team where 210 is nothing special. If I'm wrong, great, but I say look for other prospects to be excited about.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

And is there something wrong with that ? Regehr has been in the league for a while now , represented Canada in tournaments and has been a good shutdown defenceman in his career .

I'd be thrilled if he turned out like Regehr.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Remembered playing against Dumoulin......kid was pretty ridiculous in high school, and I had a feeling he was going to make it some day. Didn't realize how big he got over the years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chowda, the Regher comparison came from Fluto. Nuff said ? I too hope some of these kids make it, but, so far, only Hamilton seems to stand apart, although the Michigan kid really skates well and moves the puck.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Cross is playing for the P-Bruins this weekend. To be fair any judgement should be made about halfway through his 1st full season in the AHL. I would also wonder why anyone would look at his offensive statistics in the first place as that is not why PC picked Cross.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Cross is playing for the P-Bruins this weekend. To be fair any judgement should be made about halfway through his 1st full season in the AHL. I would also wonder why anyone would look at his offensive statistics in the first place as that is not why PC picked Cross.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Exactly right San. I like that he led his team to 2 titles more than I care about his offensive potential. Maybe it's Orr's fault that some Bruins fans expect every D-man to put up points now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cross Finally Signs...... : Exactly right San. I like that he led his team to 2 titles more than I care about his offensive potential. Maybe it's Orr's fault that some Bruins fans expect every D-man to put up points now.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ya shame on #4, I wish he never played here... Wait a second... No.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Chowda, the Regher comparison came from Fluto. Nuff said ? I too hope some of these kids make it, but, so far, only Hamilton seems to stand apart, although the Michigan kid really skates well and moves the puck.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Nuff said about what ? BH posted it as if it was a bad thing being compared to Regehr and I responded to the comparison. 

Who cares if it was Bluto (Popeye) or Fluto who wrote it ? That wasn't relevant to the point being made by either of us. 

Sections
Shortcuts