Crowd at TD Garden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Crowd at TD Garden

Is this how it's going to be this year?  The crowd was awful last night.  Doc mentioned how quiet it was numerous times last night.  They couldn't even get a real Let's Go Bruins chant going.  Too many band wagoners at the game?  People left the game early in a 1 goal game!  Very disappointed in the Bruins "fans" that attended the game last night.  Hope this is not a sign of things to come. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: Crowd at TD Garden

It may be that a lot of Pink Hats and ultra-casual fans (with money) came to the game due to the historical aspect of a banner being raised. See if it changes in Game 2, when there's no historical implications. Maybe the loud fans will be back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Crowd at TD Garden:
    [QUOTE]It may be that a lot of Pink Hats and ultra-casual fans (with money) came to the game due to the historical aspect of a banner being raised. See if it changes in Game 2, when there's no historical implications. Maybe the loud fans will be back.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

I sure hope you are right!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I am so ticked off at the Garden fans list night. The rest of us would give anything to be there and show this team some support and appreciation.

I'm sure a lot of Marchand jerseys were sold last night to the corporate sponsors and trophy wives, though. They'll look good framed and put up on their home office walls.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I get supply and demand, and this is bound to happen, but a Boston fan base is different than Toronto or Montreal. Even though ticket prices are also through the roof up north, at least the business folk put their jerseys on over their suits, drink a few and make some noise.

Why would Jacobs care how a ticket is sold? They don't need the security of the secondhand market like during the lean years. They could sell every single seat directly from the box office and every seat would get sold to actual fans at a reasonable full face value and not inflated secondary market value. Drives me nuts...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Tickets were too expensive man, and it may be a stereotype but generally the people who can easily afford those types of tickets prices are not the loud ones.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

I tried to get tickets - the second they went on sale - could not even get 1 ticket at any price thru the B's website but 10 minutes later they had 1000's available on stub hub & ace ticket - what a rachet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Like everything in MA, it's getting watered down or ruined by the out of towners.

In the good old days a snow storm didn't mean a national emergency, now everyone has to stay home and inside once a flake appears.  And then the roads are jammed with those out of town plates going 2 mph because they are as afraid of snow as they are radioactivity.

If you don't like the snow and cold move back to Florida.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Like everything in MA, it's getting watered down or ruined by the out of towners. In the good old days a snow storm didn't mean a national emergency, now everyone has to stay home and inside once a flake appears.  And then the roads are jammed with those out of town plates going 2 mph because they are as afraid of snow as they are radioactivity. If you don't like the snow and cold move back to Florida.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Funny, I have the exact same reaction when I see MA plates in Canada.

But yeah, no idea what was with that crowd last night... usually the Garden is one of the loudest rinks in the league, along with Edmonton.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Crowd at TD Garden : Funny, I have the exact same reaction when I see MA plates in Canada. But yeah, no idea what was with that crowd last night... usually the Garden is one of the loudest rinks in the league, along with Edmonton.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Too far south or too far north breeds the crazies.  MA is the center of the universe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

After the first 10 minutes of the 1st the Bruins did not give the crowd much to cheer about, the 2nd was worse and the 3rd was alittle better, but not enough. Seguin and Marchand were the best Bruins on the ice and the rest of the Bruins will have to play to their intensity if they want to compete the way they are expected to.
    The Bruins have alot of home games here to start and I hope they can pull it together and pull ahead in the standings while they can. I know they will improve and I hope sooner than later. GO BRUINS|||||||||

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]After the first 10 minutes of the 1st the Bruins did not give the crowd much to cheer about, the 2nd was worse and the 3rd was alittle better, but not enough. Seguin and Marchand were the best Bruins on the ice and the rest of the Bruins will have to play to their intensity if they want to compete the way they are expected to. The Bruins have alot of home games here to start and I hope they can pull it together and pull ahead in the standings while they can. I know they will improve and I hope sooner than later. GO BRUINS|||||||||
    Posted by brunod[/QUOTE]

I hear you Bruod, but it is the whole chicken and the egg thing!  If the crowd gets behind the team, it can provide them with a spark.  Players talk about how they feed off of the crowd all the time.  Last night's crowd could not even muster up a "Let's Go Bruins" that was in sync, loud, nor long!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

When the Bruins were flat in the old garden, there was a guy that sat in the first row of the balcony that would start to bang on the facade and the crowd would clap in unison.  Many times the play on the ice would pick up following it.  In addition, I think the game night operations crew needs to shoulder some of the blame as well.  They don't do much to get the crowd going when it is flat when it is not a TV timeout.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Crowd at TD Garden:
    [QUOTE]Is this how it's going to be this year?  The crowd was awful last night.  Doc mentioned how quiet it was numerous times last night.  They couldn't even get a real Let's Go Bruins chant going.  Too many band wagoners at the game?  People left the game early in a 1 goal game!  Very disappointed in the Bruins "fans" that attended the game last night.  Hope this is not a sign of things to come. 
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

It must be the band wagon jumpers because last year when I was lucky enough to get down there to see the Bruins and Leafs at the end of March, I was so impressed with the energy in the building.  When Lucic fought Rosehill I thought the roof was going to come off the place.  Hopefully it will be back to normal for game 2 of the season, as the Bruins need that fan support at home.  We don't want it to turn into the Air Canada Center.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Do they have pink Bruins hats yet? A sure sign of the end...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Defin. the fake fans that act like they know hockey and soo happy for the bruins, but yet the real fans are at home watching the game going nuts... while they sit in their seats. wondering what off side is...

I sure hope this is a one game thing for the crowd...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

i was at the game last night and yes the crowd was quiet.
    but i think the game was secondary to the banner that was hanging in the rafters.

in general though,i don't find the TD Garden crowd any louder than most of the other places i've been to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Fortunately or unfortunately since I am retired, and reside well off the beaten path in Virginia, i watch everything on the tube. However, a number of my family still live in and around Boston, but cannot afford the price of tickets. In my day the true fans overflowed from High school and college games, in the Arena, to take in a Bruins game live in the old Garden. Seems like those days, like so many others are gone forever. However, Fenway is still packed, as is the new Garden, and Foxboro stadium, so the money is flowing in. Guess all the pasion is here on these threads when we discuss Claude, Thornton, the Habs and Kessell

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

there was NO hitting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Tickets were too expensive man, and it may be a stereotype but generally the people who can easily afford those types of tickets prices are not the loud ones.
    Posted by matttt87[/QUOTE]

mattt - The same sentiment you express regarding those corporate, well-to-do, suit types is the same one that has been used to describe the faces down at the Air Canada Centre here in Toronto.  Has been for years. 

As you said it seems they're not the ones with the leather lungs but they are the ones who look at you with disgust if you're what they perceive to be as loud.  They should just stay home.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I think it was more of the bruins playing a lousy game more than the fans. Maybe they went nuts during the ceremony to much? I also couldn't beleive at least it seemed from the view on tv lots of empty seats in the lower sections with over half the third period left. Pink hats and bandwagon fans have ruined the experience of going to sox games at fenway. I hope this isn't going to happen at the garden for bruins games.

Sections
Shortcuts