Cunningham recalled from Providence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Cunningham recalled from Providence

Didn' see anyone post this news....is Iginla out foe next game?....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: Cunningham recalled from Providence

Are there any forwards left in Prov?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are there any forwards left in Prov?

[/QUOTE]

Providence has it's own injured players on top of all the recalls....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If you saw Iginla's hand after the fight, I don't know how he came back to play... serious dislocation

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@MarkDivver

"Craig Cunningham recalled from @AHLBruins by Boston today."

@NHLBruins 

"Iginla evaluated by team doctors Monday, w/Julien hopeful he'd be ready to play vs Flames: http://bbru.in/18NcA80  ^CS"

Makes sense just in case Iginla can't go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Some auditions for the big club going on.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Just heard on satelite radio that Paille is out with a concussion..... and that McQuaid practiced with the team....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

This is what minor league teams are for. I hope the kid does well in his opportunity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some auditions for the big club going on.

[/QUOTE]

Like to see one of them start producing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just heard on satelite radio that Paille is out with a concussion..... and that McQuaid practiced with the team....

[/QUOTE]

I read this too... trying to think of the hit that might have hurt Paille (what a shame, Boston had the best 4th line in the game.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep, that's where I went, too.  The RWs on the top two lines, the two high-profile acquisitions from the summer, are both out for the next game, one of them for an indefinite period; the third line C has a busted leg, they're playing three rookies on D every night, but the real shame is that two thirds of the fourth line are out.

Seriously, though - the Bruins are absolutely gutted right now.  If Iginla is out, then outside of Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand and Campbell up front, the 7 other Bruin forwards will have a grand total of 249 games between them in the NHL (Marchand, the shortest tenured NHL forward in the first group, has played 251) - that's an average of just under 36 games a piece.  If you take away the 104 games Sweethands Johnson has played as a journeyman rather than a prospect (77 in one season with the Wild), it's 145 games, or an average of just over 24 games per player for the other six.  Dump the 85 games from Caron - the only other large chunk - and you're down to 60 games spread over 5 players.  12 games experience per player.  You'd get about the same number for half the D corps, with Hamilton, Barkowski, Krug and Miller adding up to 65 games of (regular season) experience or just over 16 games per guy.  The only time I can think of a team that came as close to a championship as the Bruins were last year turning around and icing a team with so little experience the next year, the Florida Marlins were holding a fire sale.

It is mind-boggling that they are still second in the East, first in the Atlantic, with two games in hand on the Penguins for first in the conference and the second best ROW total in the entire league - as good as Chicago's and Anaheim's and one behind the Pingu.

And we're getting that thing everyone seems to want every year - a chance to see the kids get a real chance to play.  Granted, they aren't getting 14-15 minutes a night right now, but still.  They're getting exposure.  They're seeing how this team wins during adversity.  Production will come from one or more of them in time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Like to see one of them start producing.

[/QUOTE]

If the team wins games with "them" in the lineup ..........that's good enough for me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins have been black and blue, but to date they have had their top 6 forwards, Chara and Rask always good to go.  As long as they have that the rest are mostly replaceable.  It will be a test if Iginla is out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Pens not too much better off either. They played the Buds last night with exactly 1 regular on D...and still won 3-1.

Rough year injury-wise for the top teams in the east for sure.

I am waiting for Cross to get a callup just to see BadHab's head explode...or avatar explode, rather.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Julien finally gave Spooner more than 10 or 11 TOI and there was a good response. I thought Ryan had one of his best games finally getting close to 17Mins against the KNuckledraggers. Cunningham has played well with Spooner in Providence and I think that Ryan is just about to click with Soderberg.

I hope Julien doesn't take Smith away from Bergeron, those two are clicking. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Most of these "kids" have been playing the same style in Providence, so the biggest change is the pace of play, and trying not to make mistakes under Claude's eagle eye. In addition the lack of experience on the PK will need very short shifts and solid clearing. Tough but doable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Most of these "kids" have been playing the same style in Providence, so the biggest change is the pace of play, and trying not to make mistakes under Claude's eagle eye. In addition the lack of experience on the PK will need very short shifts and solid clearing. Tough but doable.

[/QUOTE]

This to me is the key here. Seems like the Pbruins are handling the puck like a hand granade and seem more worried about hitting their spots on the ice than actually going for the puck in the first place. Johnson and fraser especially....they need to loosen up and hopefully CJ is telling them this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is my book report guy.

Come on Cunningham!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is my book report guy.

Come on Cunningham!

[/QUOTE]

Yes he is, that extensive,in-depth report was written, what, 3 years ago? You should repost it to see what we should be looking for and if your report was dead on. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Jordan Caron is a BUST!  The Bruins should stop giving ice time to this complete bum!  Send his but down to Providence and hope someone snatches him up, he will NEVER bring ANYTHING back in return.  Give someone else a chance to Reilly Smith it up with the big boys.  In addition, don't be afraid to give the kids more than 9 minutes of ice time either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jordan Caron is a BUST!  The Bruins should stop giving ice time to this complete bum!  Send his but down to Providence and hope someone snatches him up, he will NEVER bring ANYTHING back in return.  Give someone else a chance to Reilly Smith it up with the big boys.  In addition, don't be afraid to give the kids more than 9 minutes of ice time either.

[/QUOTE]

Would you at least tell us how you really feel about Caron and quit mincing about!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Caron does not get more than 9 minutes......if i follow your reasoning, should Julien give him more ice time too to see what can really do before giving up on him?....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff

Sections
Shortcuts