CUP DVD JUST A B- AT BEST

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

CUP DVD JUST A B- AT BEST

I was able to watch my BRUINS CUP CHAMPIONSHIP DVD today, and I was absolutely dissapointed. The DVD LEFT OUT ALL FAN REACTION.  The dvd failled to capture the zealous enthusiasim around BOSTON BY THE FANS!!! And the electric feeling around town by BRUINS FANS!!! The fans had a large impact to the great feeling and attmosphere around this CUP run!!! The first CUP IN 39 YEARS!!! The DVD also left out FERENCE GIVING THE FINGER TO THE HABS SMELL FANS!!! AND OTHER IMPORTANT GOALS FROM THAT GAME!!!  I JUST BELIEVE THERE COULD HAVE BEEN MORE!!! INCLUDING highlights from the LOCKER ROOM CELEBRATION!!! THORNTON SAYING, "SUCK IT FELGER!!" TALK RADIO BITES!!! MORE PARADE HIGHLIGHTS WITH FANS IN THE CROWD!!! IT FELL SHORT!!! AND THIS IS A GREAT MOMENT IN BRUINS AND BOSTON SPORTS HISTORY!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: CUP DVD JUST A B- AT BEST

SHOUT MUCH!!!???!!!

Geez, it's an official NHL production, what did you expect? I'm actually pretty surprised they included Luongo's tire-pumping comments, not to mention the Burrows bite. There was no way on earth they were going to show Ference's one-fingered salute, and they probably weren't even aware of Thornton's "suck it Felger," as that happened on a local broadcast (not to mention that for people who don't watch or listen to Felger, it would make no sense at all).  

The playoffs included 25 games and ran for two months. Think about condensing that to 90 minutes, and they did a pretty good job of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I was happy to get my hands on it when I did and although I enoyed it I agree I was a bit disapointed with it. They left out a lot of stuff they should have put in and I totaly agree on their should have been more fan reactions in it. Maybe the NHL had the cannucks winnng it so put more effort into a potential canucks dvd?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to CUP DVD JUST A B- AT BEST:
    I was able to watch my BRUINS CUP CHAMPIONSHIP DVD today, and I was absolutely dissapointed. The DVD LEFT OUT ALL FAN REACTION.  The dvd failled to capture the zealous enthusiasim around BOSTON BY THE FANS!!! And the electric feeling around town by BRUINS FANS!!! The fans had a large impact to the great feeling and attmosphere around this CUP run!!! The first CUP IN 39 YEARS!!! The DVD also left out FERENCE GIVING THE FINGER TO THE HABS SMELL FANS!!! AND OTHER IMPORTANT GOALS FROM THAT GAME!!!  I JUST BELIEVE THERE COULD HAVE BEEN MORE!!! INCLUDING highlights from the LOCKER ROOM CELEBRATION!!! THORNTON SAYING, "SUCK IT FELGER!!" TALK RADIO BITES!!! MORE PARADE HIGHLIGHTS WITH FANS IN THE CROWD!!! IT FELL SHORT!!! AND THIS IS A GREAT MOMENT IN BRUINS AND BOSTON SPORTS HISTORY!!!
    Posted by 54BLITZER

Ference's move isn't a highlight, it's a lowlight.  The fans are the ones buying it, not the ones starring in it.  Thornton making a quip to a local radio personality doesn't even belong on local radio.

More locker room stuff is a decent request. The rest of it is, in my opinion, properly left out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: CUP DVD JUST A B- AT BEST:
    SHOUT MUCH!!!???!!! Geez, it's an official NHL production, what did you expect? I'm actually pretty surprised they included Luongo's tire-pumping comments, not to mention the Burrows bite. There was no way on earth they were going to show Ference's one-fingered salute, and they probably weren't even aware of Thornton's "suck it Felger," as that happened on a local broadcast (not to mention that for people who don't watch or listen to Felger, it would make no sense at all).   The playoffs included 25 games and ran for two months. Think about condensing that to 90 minutes, and they did a pretty good job of it.
    Posted by duinne

All true- I especially was surprised at the inclusion of all the Luongo foolishness, and even that NHL Network reaction: "isnt that against the goalie union code?" to Steve Weeks.  Made Luongo look really bad.

The Finger was funny to us, but I'm glad it wasn't in the DVD.  What I did like was Ference's mocking of the diving... "you OK? You OK?"   and "I know what you are about."  I thought that stuff was priceless and I was surprised it was included.

I have to admit I stopped reading the OP after a sentence or so of capital letters.

Wasnt perfect, but I liked it a lot. Think Ill go watch it again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ed-PBruins-Fan. Show Ed-PBruins-Fan's posts

What about a NESN DVD like they did for the Sox when they won the Series??? Give it a more "local" flavor.....I'd like to see one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

What about a NESN DVD like they did for the Sox when they won the Series??? Give it a more "local" flavor.....I'd like to see one.
    Posted by Ed-PBruins-Fan

I AGREE 100% W/U!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

The mystery of the non-NESN DVD is what intrigues me. Seems more than a bit odd that the flagship station of the Red Sox AND Bruins produced 2 very good post-world series DVDs for the Sox in '04 and '07 and yet none seems to be forthcoming from the Bruins win. Is there a legal sticking point w/the NHL, I wonder? The silence on this issue from NESN is more than a little annoying.

As for the NHL DVD I'd give it a solid B. I do think a little more time could have been spent on fan reaction (this was part of what made "Faith Rewarded" special, and both franchises have in common very long droughts between titles and lots of heartache in between.) The NHL version gave a quick passing mention to the 3-0 choke job against Philly in 2010 but could have gone back to a few choice highlights of Game 7 in '79 v Mtl., the Glen Wesley no-goal in Game 1 in 1990 and Neely's career ending too soon due to goonery-forced injury, etc. to put into greater perspective how big this win was for the fans and franchise.

As for Thornton's comment on Felger, that's not highlight worthy.  What IS is a comment he made before game 7 when asked if the pressure of a game 7 was tought to handle and he said "Pressure? Pressure is having no job and 5 kids to support. This is fun!"

Ference's middle finger is not a thing to be proud of (and I love Ference). But give the NHL props for including Ference sarcastically asking Sedin if he was "OK" after he tried to draw a penalty flopping after a tiny shove by Ference after the whistle. THAT was a major highlight for me, and a nice surpise addition.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

I would have taken a completely different approach to this. I think the DVD was really disapointing. I would have just liked more story-line in each series and a little from the regular season and have it clock in around 2 hours if need be.

Regular season-- Sort of an overview of the season. The trade for Horton and specifically the story of him almost retiring because he was sick of playing for nothing and then him coming here all smiles and winning 2 game 7's and then pouring the water on the ice for the last one. The emergence of Marchand from 4th line grinder to 2nd line scorer and agitator. Savard coming back and going back out and how that prompted the acquisition of Kelly and Kaberle... also tying in the futility of the PP. Wheeler trade for Peverley. How those trades were viewed poorly by many, and how losing streaks in the middle of the year led many to call for Julien's head before they ripped off that 7-game win-streak. Also, a few highlights of some of the more memorable games ("Thank you, Kessel", Pacioretty story line including Recchi on the radio, fight night against Habs, Dallas and Atlanta games, game against Canucks).

Round 1-- Hal Gill and P.K. Subban proving a very effective shutdown duo in front of the stellar Price. Chara being sick and the scare that caused, and how people presumed the series over and that Julien would be fired... and maybe Peter. People calling for Thomas to be evicted from the net. The continuation of Pacioretty bad blood including the finger and the chin flick. The decision to pair Chara and Seidenberg. Game 5 double OT and people cramping up. Save on Gionta in OT. The jacket.

Round 2-- JVR's coming out party in game 2, Mike Richard's history with Krejci, how much of a target Krejci was in that series and his domination despite it, the absence of Pronger, the B's dominance and the team blow-up it caused in the off-season, and more emphasis in the knock out of Bergy.

Round 3-- The absence of Bergy so obvious in game 1 and the B's looking like crap, and how that added to how heroic Seguin was in game 2. Bergy come back and being the man, but the frustration of game 4. The poor defensive/goalie starts in the early part of the series. Stamkos face getting blown up and him coming back. How good Tampa was, at both ends of the ice, and how much tougher they were than people thought. How narrow the margin for victory was. The perfection of game 7.

Round 4-- The bite, and the taunting including Lapierre, Recchi and Lucic. The frustration of games 1 and 2. Thornton being reinserted and him terrorizing people. Thorton intimidating Luongo during warm-ups. Thomas shooting the puck into the Canucks net during warm-ups. The polarity of home ice before game 7 and the added "significance" of the bottle incident. Marchand being a pest, especially his repeated punching of Sedin. The matchup between Chara and the Sedins. How much Kesler was slowed down by his injury and how he was still better than both the Sedins. The intense physical nature of the series. How big of a deal it was that Horton went down considering that they were down 0-2 and he had been the hero in 2 game 7's and 1 other OT in additon to being a consistent 1st line winger.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Basically, I wish they told a story so that in a few years I can put this on and remember all that... instead of just being like "The Bruins won! Isn't that neat?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I would have taken a completely different approach to this. I think the DVD was really disapointing. I would have just liked more story-line in each series and a little from the regular season and have it clock in around 2 hours if need be. Regular season-- Sort of an overview of the season. The trade for Horton and specifically the story of him almost retiring because he was sick of playing for nothing and then him coming here all smiles and winning 2 game 7's and then pouring the water on the ice for the last one. The emergence of Marchand from 4th line grinder to 2nd line scorer and agitator. Savard coming back and going back out and how that prompted the acquisition of Kelly and Kaberle... also tying in the futility of the PP. Wheeler trade for Peverley. How those trades were viewed poorly by many, and how losing streaks in the middle of the year led many to call for Julien's head before they ripped off that 7-game win-streak. Also, a few highlights of some of the more memorable games ("Thank you, Kessel", Pacioretty story line including Recchi on the radio, fight night against Habs, Dallas and Atlanta games, game against Canucks). Round 1-- Hal Gill and P.K. Subban proving a very effective shutdown duo in front of the stellar Price. Chara being sick and the scare that caused, and how people presumed the series over and that Julien would be fired... and maybe Peter. People calling for Thomas to be evicted from the net. The continuation of Pacioretty bad blood including the finger and the chin flick. The decision to pair Chara and Seidenberg. Game 5 double OT and people cramping up. Save on Gionta in OT. The jacket. Round 2-- JVR's coming out party in game 2, Mike Richard's history with Krejci, how much of a target Krejci was in that series and his domination despite it, the absence of Pronger, the B's dominance and the team blow-up it caused in the off-season, and more emphasis in the knock out of Bergy. Round 3-- The absence of Bergy so obvious in game 1 and the B's looking like crap, and how that added to how heroic Seguin was in game 2. Bergy come back and being the man, but the frustration of game 4. The poor defensive/goalie starts in the early part of the series. Stamkos face getting blown up and him coming back. How good Tampa was, at both ends of the ice, and how much tougher they were than people thought. How narrow the margin for victory was. The perfection of game 7. Round 4-- The bite, and the taunting including Lapierre, Recchi and Lucic. The frustration of games 1 and 2. Thornton being reinserted and him terrorizing people. Thorton intimidating Luongo during warm-ups. Thomas shooting the puck into the Canucks net during warm-ups. The polarity of home ice before game 7 and the added "significance" of the bottle incident. Marchand being a pest, especially his repeated punching of Sedin. The matchup between Chara and the Sedins. How much Kesler was slowed down by his injury and how he was still better than both the Sedins. The intense physical nature of the series. How big of a deal it was that Horton went down considering that they were down 0-2 and he had been the hero in 2 game 7's and 1 other OT in additon to being a consistent 1st line winger.
    Posted by Tommy617

These are all really good points. The problem w/these NHL DVD's is that they try to fashion them all for a general audience rather than catering them to the specifics of the fan base for the winning team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

In Response to Re: CUP DVD JUST A B- AT BEST : These are all really good points. The problem w/these NHL DVD's is that they try to fashion them all for a general audience rather than catering them to the specifics of the fan base for the winning team
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Which is dumb. Who do they think will be buying the DVD? Flyers fans?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Agreed. They felt short in the making in my  opinion. same goes for the marchendasing, low qual cheap cotton T-Short that shrunk so much that only our cat  can wear it now.
    I went  on i-Tunes last month and purchased the final game #7 against the sisters  and that was worth the 1.99 i payed for. Juss Sayin'

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

A better way to do this would be to report on all teams entering the playoffs then do like a 24/7 showcase on the final four. I would love to know what was said in the room, when the B's dropped (I think it was Game 5 against TB) or when Vancouver was blasted 8-1. Then again, the amount of money that would cost, DVD probably would sell for $60? 

I see the Oct 4 release of the four final B's win something like $40.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

A better way to do this would be to report on all teams entering the playoffs then do like a 24/7 showcase on the final four. I would love to know what was said in the room, when the B's dropped (I think it was Game 5 against TB) or when Vancouver was blasted 8-1. Then again, the amount of money that would cost, DVD probably would sell for $60?  I see the Oct 4 release of the four final B's win something like $40.
    Posted by ErnestoGiove

what release are you referring to?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: CUP DVD JUST A B- AT BEST : what release are you referring to?
    Posted by TryToBearIt

There is going to be a dvd released that will have all four Stanley Cup final victories on it and the seventh game of the B's vs Tampa Bay on it. Coming out in October.

Sections
Shortcuts