CUP HANGOVER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

CUP HANGOVER

It is easy to see why teams have problems trying to repeat as cup champs or the cup hangover with the number of games that have to be played and the short time players have to tecover from these games and the injuries that occur. The Bruins are no different but at least have most their players coming back, but these players will have to very focused and in very good condition when the season starts because there will be a target on their backs and every team will have their best game against them to try and beat them every night.
    There are only 10 games in October for the B's, 7 at home, but in the last month and a half they 17 games which will be hard leading up to the playoffs. It will be important for the B's to have a good start to get good poistion for the playoffs.
    Because of this hangover some sites have picked the Bruins as low as 9th and no higher than 5th in the East. I feel the Sabres or Habs could challenge them for the Division but the Bruins will win it.
    The bruins lost good players in Rex, Rides, and Kab's and did not not do well to replace them although Covo should help on D and maybe the PP, But Pouloit could be a project. I hope the Bruins can fix the PP or this season will be even more difficult.
    The Bruins have a very ineresting season on the way and trinning camp will soon be here. I hope the Bruins can over come the hangover and find a way to do well, hopefully being the only team to repeat since the Wings in the late 90's.
    It will be interesting to read what you guys think, have a good day and GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: CUP HANGOVER

It was bound to happen, but this is the first time in the past few years that I CAN'T say the Bruins will start the season with a better lineup...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: CUP HANGOVER:
    [QUOTE]It was bound to happen, but this is the first time in the past few years that I CAN'T say the Bruins will start the season with a better lineup...
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    Jersey, I have to respectfully disagree with you. Since Boston has such a young team nucleus in place, they should be better simply by coming to camp a year older. Guys like McQuaid, Marchand, Seguin, Kampfer,.......heck- even Bergeron and Krejci, should be even better this year than last.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I agree with Dez, the Bruins are getting better simply through the passage of time right now. Of their core players, only Thomas and Chara could maybe start to see a detriment due to age - the rest aren't even in their prime yet. Patrice is the longest serving Bruin, and even he will only be 26 this season. A players' best years are normally 27-30 these days.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I guess I should have been a little more specific about what I see being a problem: Corvo and Pouliot replacing Recchi, Ryder and Kaberle.

To address your point about another year of experience being huge, I think there is nearly as much chance of having a sophmore slump or injury-riddled season.

And I haven't been particularly impressed with ANY of our young talent in the minors (but I could be way off there since I don't follow that so much.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I should have been a little more specific about what I see being a problem: Corvo and Pouliot replacing Recchi, Ryder and Kaberle. To address your point about another year of experience being huge, I think there is nearly as much chance of having a sophmore slump or injury-riddled season. And I haven't been particularly impressed with ANY of our young talent in the minors (but I could be way off there since I don't follow that so much.)

I think we should wait until Corvo and Pouliot at least play a few games before we start worrying about how they are going to fit in.  As far as the 3 players who left, I would say we will definitely miss Recchi's leadership, but his skill set can be easily replaced.  Ryder scored some big playoff goals, but was a no show during much of the regular season as we all know..  And Kaberle did next to nothing while he was here (yea, I know he helped bring a Cup here) - I think he would have driven us crazy with his lack of physical play and overall soft defensive play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I should have been a little more specific about what I see being a problem: Corvo and Pouliot replacing Recchi, Ryder and Kaberle. To address your point about another year of experience being huge, I think there is nearly as much chance of having a sophmore slump or injury-riddled season. And I haven't been particularly impressed with ANY of our young talent in the minors (but I could be way off there since I don't follow that so much.)

Corvo and Pouliot aren't replacing Recchi, Ryder and Kaberle.  It's unknown where Corvo is going to fit into the plan, and whether or not Pouliot even will.  What will Corvo need to do in order to replace Kaberle?  He'll need to be soft, always fake his shot and then make buddy passes, and he'll need to be below average on defense while playing limited minutes.  I don't think Corvo (or Kampfer for that matter) will have a problem at least replicating those traits.

You haven't been impressed with any of the talent from the minors but you don't follow it that much.  So basically, you just have no idea.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]You haven't been impressed with any of the talent from the minors but you don't follow it that much.  So basically, you just have no idea.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Saying I don't follow it much is not the same as saying I don't follow it at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Spooner and Knight will both be Krejci-like contributors, if scouting reports are correct. They both pushed for the last roster spot and really weren't far behind Seguin in camp. Kampfer is a bit behind Kaberle offensively, but is ahead of him defensively.
    I'm going out with a bold prediction right now: Seguin and Marchand will each produce over 25 goals this year. Marchand 25+, Seguin 30+, particularly if they decide to put Seguin on the wing with Bergy and Marchand.
    Nevermind that Jordan Caron will either play on the 3rd line with Pevs and Kelly and provide them with a more physical presence, or provide some offense to the 4th line with Soup and Thornton.
    Your knowledge of the young talent (or lack thereof) is evident when you don't know that there are some pretty serious studs ready to break out of their shells.
    Oh and we have Dougie coming up in a year or two....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

For the record, I think Corvo may be a shade behind Kaberle offensively, but he is MUCH better defensively.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Spooner and Knight will both be Krejci-like contributors, if scouting reports are correct. They both pushed for the last roster spot and really weren't far behind Seguin in camp. Kampfer is a bit behind Kaberle offensively, but is ahead of him defensively. I'm going out with a bold prediction right now: Seguin and Marchand will each produce over 25 goals this year. Marchand 25+, Seguin 30+, particularly if they decide to put Seguin on the wing with Bergy and Marchand. Nevermind that Jordan Caron will either play on the 3rd line with Pevs and Kelly and provide them with a more physical presence, or provide some offense to the 4th line with Soup and Thornton. Your knowledge of the young talent (or lack thereof) is evident when you don't know that there are some pretty serious studs ready to break out of their shells. Oh and we have Dougie coming up in a year or two....
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

Come on.  Kampfer isn't better than Kaberle at...anything.

The fourth line is about as set in stone as the first line.  They won't make the same mistake this season of benching Paille.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins will be just as talented as last year.  The big challenge after winning is maintaining mental focus.  That will be difficult.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins will be just as talented as last year.  The big challenge after winning is maintaining mental focus.  That will be difficult.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I'd argue just as big a challenge will be the bullseye on the Bruins' backs for 82 games this year as the "defending Stanley Cup Champs" as opposed to "just some team from the east we don't see that much."

More teams will take games vs Boston a teeny bit more serious, at the least as a measuring stick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I say the B's win against Philly. Lose the next 3 & then go on a 10-2 stretch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUP HANGOVER : I'd argue just as big a challenge will be the bullseye on the Bruins' backs for 82 games this year as the "defending Stanley Cup Champs" as opposed to "just some team from the east we don't see that much." More teams will take games vs Boston a teeny bit more serious, at the least as a measuring stick.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Good point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUP HANGOVER : I think we should wait until Corvo and Pouliot at least play a few games before we start worrying about how they are going to fit in.  As far as the 3 players who left, I would say we will definitely miss Recchi's leadership, but his skill set can be easily replaced.  Ryder scored some big playoff goals, but was a no show during much of the regular season as we all know..  And Kaberle did next to nothing while he was here (yea, I know he helped bring a Cup here) - I think he would have driven us crazy with his lack of physical play and overall soft defensive play.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE] I agree.Ryder played very well in the playoffs but struggled in the regular season as did Kaberle .Let's give Corvo and Pouliot time to see how they will do before writing them off.They certainly should be able to match Ryder and Kaberle's regular season contributions.Recchi will be missed but hopefully Seguin is ready to play more ,I am not quite ready to hand him a top 6 forward slot but at the same time it could be argued that Recchi at times last year wasn't playing well enough to be on the top two lines.Don't get me wrong ,I respect Recchi as much as anybody and he came through when it counted[he was great in the finals ] but it was time for him to retire or perhaps play a more limited role . 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Kabs is one of/if not the softest players in the league defensively. Case closed.