Cup Hangover

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Cup Hangover

Seems the boyz are still in dream land. At least they're still playing fairly well defensively. Sure hope they wake up soon.

Highlights: Seguin & Marchand's play

Lowlights: Pathetic PP continues

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Cup Hangover

13th thread on this. I hope we have a cup hangover next year. Next .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

One thing that I heard about the term 'cup hangover' yesterday. Duncan Keith said because of the season lasting so long he only had 2 weeks of rest before he had to start preparing for the next season. He said his body never fully recovered from the long haul and he struggled to get his game back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: Cup Hangover:
    One thing that I heard about the term 'cup hangover' yesterday. Duncan Keith said because of the season lasting so long he only had 2 weeks of rest before he had to start preparing for the next season. He said his body never fully recovered from the long haul and he struggled to get his game back.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Definitely part of it. Alot of time/energy focused on things outside getting ready for the next season. Chicago did trade some key players away though.....unlike the B's (unless you think Kaberle was key ;-)).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Okay now I have decided we really need a game to critique.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Cup Hangover:
    In Response to Re: Cup Hangover : Definitely part of it. Alot of time/energy focused on things outside getting ready for the next season. Chicago did trade some key players away though.....unlike the B's (unless you think Kaberle was key ;-)).
    Posted by 4everbruins

Definitely losing players to make room for cap space was the main factor for Chicago's demise.

I was thinking on an individual basis of what Keith said. The effects of having to go through till June playing hockey must be gruelling. Players must be beat up and mentally exhausted from the grind.

Sections
Shortcuts