Cup Run goes thru Pittsburgh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Cup Run goes thru Pittsburgh

After watching them a few times now, they sure look like the team to beat this year.....assuming they have all their weapons come playoff time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Cup Run goes thru Pittsburgh

This has been said since 2008, to this date Pittsburgh has one cup. My suggestion would be to check out Marc-Andre Fluery's SV% in the playoffs the past 3 seasons.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 4everbruins's comment:

After watching them a few times now, they sure look like the team to beat this year.....assuming they have all their weapons come playoff time.

Not if they play Philly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

This has been said since 2008, to this date Pittsburgh has one cup. My suggestion would be to check out Marc-Andre Fluery's SV% in the playoffs the past 3 seasons.

Well, with Crosby concussed a couple of the last 2 yrs., it's definitely impeded them in their Cup aspirations. But now.....with him healthy, I firmly believe you'll see them in Conf. finals. As for Fleury and his save %....can't argue that and may be their achilles heel. We'll see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

No question Pittsburgh is team to beat IF Malkin, Crosby, and Letang are all healthy.

they are playing team defense for first time in a few years. 1 Goal given up all weekend, 5 goals in 5 games. And obviously, their 4 forward lines are far the best in all of hockey.

but they ar beatable because of middle of the goaltending.

previous post ignores Pitt has had serious star injury issues most of past few years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Well, with Crosby concussed a couple of the last 2 yrs., it's definitely impeded them in their Cup aspirations. But now.....with him healthy, I firmly believe you'll see them in Conf. finals. As for Fleury and his save %....can't argue that and may be their achilles heel. We'll see.

WILL be their achilles heel.imo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Not if they play Philly.

IF....and it's a big IF (IMO) Philly makes the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

No disputing facts SanDog .. I think the difference for me is that Pitt is working harder on their defensive part of their game, maybe they learned that last year in losing to Philly.. I have been impressed from what I have so far....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not if they play Philly.

Or Montreal

although it's looking more and more if they meet it'll be in the later rounds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

[QUOTE]

No disputing facts SanDog .. I think the difference for me is that Pitt is working harder on their defensive part of their game, maybe they learned that last year in losing to Philly.. I have been impressed from what I have so far....

Everything you said is true. I just hope the Bruins we see at playoff time will be the same bunch that's built to win best of 7's. Four of the Bruins last 5 series have gone the full 7. They need to wear down a team like Pitt just as they did to Van in the Finals. The game today troubles me more than the earlier loss because Pitt showed me they're capable of playing successful shutdown when they get a slight lead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Not if they play Philly.

Or Montreal

although it's looking more and more if they meet it'll be in the later rounds.

It seems when the Penguins play either Philly or Montreal the scores are like 9-8 or 7-6, no goaltending or defence at all.Hard to predict that kind of series, last team standing . 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Not if they play Philly.

True.  Right now they're 4 pts. out of eighth.  They'd have to overtake both NY teams and hope any combination of the Canes, Leafs and Devils to start flopping around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sounds stupid, but should the Bruins play the Penguins in the playoffs, I like the Bruins chances better if the Penguins are healthy. Take a Crosby or Malkin out of that line up and they seem to change their game plan to a more defensive system that stifles the Bruins, kind of like Washington did last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Not if they play Philly.

True.  Right now they're 4 pts. out of eighth.  They'd have to overtake both NY teams and hope any combination of the Canes, Leafs and Devils to start flopping around.

RHO, the Flyers have still got 38 points left up for grabs though. Amazing how much difference a 5 game stretch can make for so many teams. I think there's still going to be lots more jockeying for position before it's all over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Sounds stupid, but should the Bruins play the Penguins in the playoffs, I like the Bruins chances better if the Penguins are healthy. Take a Crosby or Malkin out of that line up and they seem to change their game plan to a more defensive system that stifles the Bruins, kind of like Washington did last year.

I agree with your theory Kel. The Pens I saw today scare me more than the ones who play more run and gun.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

That team can be beaten. It goes a little something like this -

Grind them into the ice

Lots of srcums after the whistle

Hit Crosby with everything you got every chnace you get- and some nice face washes also

Make life miserable for their goaltender

Best way to stop their offense is to make them play D

All hands on deck for relentless forecheck etc...etc...

Basically go alpha male on them, or you'll get beat with skill and speed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Everything you said is true. I just hope the Bruins we see at playoff time will be the same bunch that's built to win best of 7's. Four of the Bruins last 5 series have gone the full 7. They need to wear down a team like Pitt just as they did to Van in the Finals. The game today troubles me more than the earlier loss because Pitt showed me they're capable of playing successful shutdown when they get a slight lead.

I had the same feeling Dez... But having said that, the Bs have the offense to put up more than 1 goal even against a tight checking team, that is more troubling for me .  That is just not acceptable... I have confidence that PC  will alleviate the pressure off the two top lines and acquire another scorer that this team seriously lacks... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Not if they play Philly.

RHO, the Flyers have still got 38 points left up for grabs though. Amazing how much difference a 5 game stretch can make for so many teams. I think there's still going to be lots more jockeying for position before it's all over.

You're right, dez.  7 points separtate the 11th place Flyers from the Sens in 5th spot.  Each game has an impact on those teams bunched up together.  It's the same in the West.  The Blues in 4th spot have only 6 pts. between them and the 10th place Preds.  All the more reason I'm thankful the Bruins are trying to chase down 1st place and not in the mix of those lower in the standings.  Hope these injuries don't alter their standing too much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Since we're on the topic of going through Pittsburg I just noticed the Bruins had to visit them twice (and were in both these games ) and Pens only go once to Boston. The same with the Habs, they'll visit the Pens twice and already played the only game in Montreal.

How lucky is that ?  I guess just as lucky as Seguin's wrap around not going in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

edit

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

That team can be beaten. It goes a little something like this -

Grind them into the ice

Lots of srcums after the whistle

Hit Crosby with everything you got every chnace you get- and some nice face washes also

Make life miserable for their goaltender

Best way to stop their offense is to make them play D

All hands on deck for relentless forecheck etc...etc...

Basically go alpha male on them, or you'll get beat with skill and speed.

I think in a 7 game set you play them just like van.  Problem is pitt has already won and lost in yhe finals. They know how to win. Pitt will add a quality player.  They have a history with fleecing dallas. 

Its why i want boston to make a move 1st.  Then let everyone scramble trying to match.  

Boston played a mean physical game yesterday.  Pitt like detroit usually skates away from it.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me too but it has to be proved to me in the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Guys, the Pens played solid defense but our forwards got to be better.  Our top line is not consistent and our third line is lost without Kelly.  The B's also seemed a step slower.  We definitely need to pick up a top 6 forward at the deadline.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Interesting.  Letang's injury is something to watch as well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sorry, but the team to beat is the Bruins themselves.  Stay healthy, remain positive with a changes like in net, and above all make the team better with the extra cap room.  Everything else is media blunderbuss.  So if the Bs win the next two games while Montreal and Pittsburgh remain idle then what would the wonderkind logic think of the chances in the playoff chances of the Bs?  Malkin is good but not that good to dismiss the Bs.  

Sections
Shortcuts