Cup Run goes thru Pittsburgh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Cup Run goes thru Pittsburgh

I think the most fearful for the Bs is pittsbrg and mtl, and thankgod the odds of having to play both in the playoffs are very small, The Bs need to get that 3rd line straightened out so they can be a force.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Sure hope Fluery/Vokoun fall apart, because with the recent additions to their roster, they are looking even better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I think the most fearful for the Bs is pittsbrg and mtl, and thankgod the odds of having to play both in the playoffs are very small, The Bs need to get that 3rd line straightened out so they can be a force.

If the 3rd line gets straightend out and the Bruin add a "Boumeester minutes eater type", I am not in fear of Morrow and Murray.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The Pens look very good right now.  However, were the Kings the favorites going into the playoffs last year?  Were the Bruins the favorites the year before?  There is a lot that can happen between now and when Lord Stanley gets raised.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Pitt is in trouble if it runs into Philly again...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

The Pens look very good right now.  However, were the Kings the favorites going into the playoffs last year?  Were the Bruins the favorites the year before?  There is a lot that can happen between now and when Lord Stanley gets raised. 

That's the key Mean "Right Now", the key.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

They are 3-1 against the Flyers so far this year. Don't forget that if not for that Briere goal where he was 3 feet offsides in Game 1, that series could have gone 7 despite how bad Pit played.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

They are 3-1 against the Flyers so far this year. Don't forget that if not for that Briere goal where he was 3 feet offsides in Game 1, that series could have gone 7 despite how bad Pit played.

You mean how bAd MAF played. If he could've mustered up a quarter of his Stanley Cup run perfermance the Pens would've swept that series. He gave probably one of the worst goaltending performances that I ever seen in the play-offs & "Mr. Universe" wasn't much better.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

NOB I thought he was Captain Planet?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

If the 3rd line gets straightend out and the Bruin add a "Boumeester minutes eater type", I am not in fear of Morrow and Murray.

I don't think people were worried about Peverly and Kelly at first neither Sandog. These guys are the muckers, grinder types that adds to that key word which every cup winnner has. "Depth"

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

That's the key Mean "Right Now", the key.

There's that curious phrase "right now."  And I'll stick with "right now."  Pens are stacked, no doubt about it.  

But, I keep thinking about a team from LA last season that snuck into the playoffs with 2 games left.   Suddenly, their "right now" came in  April/May/June when they torched through the 1,2,3 seeds in the West respectively. 

So, Pens -  beware of any team below suddenly kicking it into high gear...one of them wears  the Original Black and Gold....

The last 2 years showed that solid goaltending can trump almost everything else. Just get to the dance and you've still got a chance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

You mean how bAd MAF played. If he could've mustered up a quarter of his Stanley Cup run perfermance the Pens would've swept that series. He gave probably one of the worst goaltending performances that I ever seen in the play-offs & "Mr. Universe" wasn't much better.

MAF played poorly, but their team defense and discipline were horrible. Flyers had ~ 12 PPG's in a 6 game series.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Kings added Carter at the deadline....a major acquisition which kickstarted the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

And destiny appears to be set; Bruins vs. Pens. Barring any upsets....

As pointed out earlier in the thread by a few posters, Fluery was considered suspect, and has been proven so. Vokoun has come in to get them past the Islanders and........likely the Sens.

The problem still remains; Pens have a lot of scoring power.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Senators may have something to say about that. Series is 2-1 and in OTT.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Senators may have something to say about that. Series is 2-1 and in OTT.

Possible, but only if Anderson plays lights out from here on. My money is still on Pitt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

1-0 Ottawa right now in game 4.  No one has won on road ice yet, and while the impetus is on Ottawa to do it as the underdog, they are defending their house and have two more shots on Pitt's ice if the series goes seven.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

1-0 Ottawa right now in game 4.  No one has won on road ice yet, and while the impetus is on Ottawa to do it as the underdog, they are defending their house and have two more shots on Pitt's ice if the series goes seven.

3-2 Pitt, and they just keep coming. Bruins are going to have all they can handle in the ECF.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Well, with Crosby concussed a couple of the last 2 yrs., it's definitely impeded them in their Cup aspirations. But now.....with him healthy, I firmly believe you'll see them in Conf. finals.

Oh...oh yah Vokoun is pretty good. So that means right now the Pens look good LoL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Well, with Crosby concussed a couple of the last 2 yrs., it's definitely impeded them in their Cup aspirations. But now.....with him healthy, I firmly believe you'll see them in Conf. finals.

Oh...oh yah Vokoun is pretty good. So that means right now the Pens look good LoL

Yeppers San.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Since the pens got a healthy Crosby back, then with the additions of Iginla. Morrow , Murray they were always going to be the favorite. The only question was in net and that looks to be solved. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Since the pens got a healthy Crosby back, then with the additions of Iginla. Morrow , Murray they were always going to be the favorite. The only question was in net and that looks to be solved. 

Vokoun played well against the Bruins in the regular season as well. Rask is going to have to play lights out if the Bruins are to have a chance against the high powered offense the Pens bring. Bruins will have to be at their best.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Vokoun has played well and his save percentage is good but watching some of the games in the  Ottawa series he was giving up lots of rebounds but the Senator forwards were not getting to them.  I think the big Bruin forwards should be able to crash the net and find those rebounds.