Cup Winning Trade!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

Cup Winning Trade!!

To Atlanta: Tim Thomas - Blake Wheeler - Torontos 1st pick 2011 - Bostons first pick 2012.

To Boston: Evander Kane - Tobias Enstrom

Maybe a pipe dream but this move would make the B's a front runner. PC has to pull something spectacular off he has a lot of ammo in his gun and he has to make moves ASAP, if he cant do anything good with all this ammo I say get rid of him he is in the catbird seat to make good things happen.....lets see your skills PC!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Cup Winning Trade!!

That's completely nuts  - aversatile, if underperforming, forward, a goalie on pace for the vezina, a likely top five pick and a top 30 pick? For Kane and Enstrom?
    Lunacy.
    To all those who say trade Thomas, who is our backup supposed to  be if he's gone? And how are supposed to win a cup if  we don't have Thomas? Now if Rask gets hurt we're fine and still have a shot, but without Thomas we'd be hooped. Also, Rask hasn't had a lot ofluck so far this year - he's playing well but not getting the breaks. This trade, or any trade involving Thomas if your goal is to actually win a cup, makes no sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No.

No.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

In Response to Re: Cup Winning Trade!!:
    No. No.
    Posted by Fletcher1

In order for the B's to win a cup we need some players on this team who also want to win and will do whatever it takes to win...we just don't have that...e.g., flyers have Pronger and Richards;  Pens have Sid and Malkin.  If we can get Brad Richards...then get him...as he knows and has what it takes to win a cup.....who gives a sh** about the cost of rentals.....this is year we must win as our chances are slipping away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Cup Winning Trade!! : In order for the B's to win a cup we need some players on this team who also want to win and will do whatever it takes to win...we just don't have that...e.g., flyers have Pronger and Richards;  Pens have Sid and Malkin.  If we can get Brad Richards...then get him...as he knows and has what it takes to win a cup.....who gives a sh** about the cost of rentals.....this is year we must win as our chances are slipping away.
    Posted by Couldthisbetheyear

Slipping away?The nucleus of this team is 26 and under(Krejci,Bergeron,Horton,Lucic,Caron ,Seguin,etc.).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

Heck yes.  A 19 year old sophomore and an over-rated Swede are our ticket to the Cup!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

In Response to Cup Winning Trade!!:
    To Atlanta: Tim Thomas - Blake Wheeler - Torontos 1st pick 2011 - Bostons first pick 2012. To Boston: Evander Kane - Tobias Enstrom Maybe a pipe dream but this move would make the B's a front runner. PC has to pull something spectacular off he has a lot of ammo in his gun and he has to make moves ASAP, if he cant do anything good with all this ammo I say get rid of him he is in the catbird seat to make good things happen.....lets see your skills PC!!!!
    Posted by Bird8817

Do you even watch hockey?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Also, if you're looking for talent from Atlanta (especially bang for your buck) why would you want Kane over Ladd or Bergfors?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Cup Winning Trade!! : In order for the B's to win a cup we need some players on this team who also want to win and will do whatever it takes to win...we just don't have that...e.g., flyers have Pronger and Richards;  Pens have Sid and Malkin.  If we can get Brad Richards...then get him...as he knows and has what it takes to win a cup.....who gives a sh** about the cost of rentals.....this is year we must win as our chances are slipping away.
    Posted by Couldthisbetheyear

Have you paid any attention to the teams that have been winning to Cup??

Two words:  Drafting and development.

What doesn't work is selling the farm for overpriced free-agent rentals instead of buidling a nucleus.  You want to give away two 1st round picks!!  One that is looking to be a top five overall??  I don't get it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Byfglien, or how ever you speel it, sure, as we need Proven Playoff Performers. But Kane has done nothing. Yet. 
    I'd give the B's pick, and Caron or Wheeler for Buf.

I want to Win Now, so get the players you need. No long term maybe's. Win Now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Byfuglien would be awesome, I wanted the B's to get him this summer... but he's emerged as Lidstrom's running mate for offensive performers from the blue-line. He ain't going anywhere unless you blow Atlanta away... but that's the TYPE of guy we need... a proven play-off performer who sets the tone... and a bona-fide #2 D man who can move the puck.
    Imagine:
    CHARA-BYFUGLIEN
    SEIDENBERG-BOYCHUK
    STUART-FERENCE
    Yikes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Since everyone is dreaming in LA LA Land, how about:

Seguin, Thomas, Wheeler, Bergeron, Toronto's 1st 2011, Boston's 1st 2011 & 2012 for Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews.

Then:

Savard, Sturm, Chara and Boston's 2nd in 2011, Boston's 1st in 2013 and 2014 for Evander Kane, Dustin Byfuglien and Atlanta's 1st in 2011.

Then:

Krejci, Colborne, Boychuk and Horton for Kessel, Kris Versteeg, and Luke Schenn.

Then, we go back to the drawing board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bird8817.....Hey Bird brain ....are you completely out of your mind or what ?????  I would'nt even trade Big Wheel for those two .....give me a break man ....stop smoking ...do something ..go see a doctor ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

All the Bs need to do for the next 3-4 years is draft well and develop the players you have in the farm.

Lucic - Krejic - Horton
    ?      - Savard - Seguin
    Caron - Bergeron - ?
    Marchand - Campbell - Thornton

You really only have 2 spots in the lineup to fill after this year. Hopefully Colbourne, Sauve, Spooner, Knight, or someone else in the farm system can grab the other 2 spots. Hey we could even fill one of those spots with Toronto's 1st.

A puck moving defenseman is the only thing the Bs need to trade for as the farm system doesn't look like it's going to provide a top 4 defenseman of that ilk. There's also a short supply of those on the market, which is why it was relatively easy to pry Horton away from Florida.

I'd trade Toronto's #1 only for a top 2 defenseman, otherwise that's a great player to develop.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In these types of threads one knows that you cannot be light in heart.  My ultimate trade is to the LA Kings.  Ryder, Stuart, and Boston's #1 for Jack Johnson.  It ain't going to happen. It does fill in a need on the Bs team imo.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Slipping away? The nucleus of this team is 26 and under (Krejci,Bergeron,Horton,Lucic,Caron ,Seguin,etc.)."

Nailed that one DZ!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

In Response to Re: Cup Winning Trade!! : Have you paid any attention to the teams that have been winning to Cup?? Two words:  Drafting and development. What doesn't work is selling the farm for overpriced free-agent rentals instead of buidling a nucleus.  You want to give away two 1st round picks!!  One that is looking to be a top five overall??  I don't get it.
    Posted by Fletcher1

ok guy.... almost 40 years, time to make rash moves the B's strategy on winning the cup obviously hasnt worked. If we are hoping for drafting and development it might be another 40 years ...im not saying Kane and Enstrom are the keys to winning a cup but some type of similar move is necessary!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Wheatskins OMG! That's allot of whacky moves...you end up with almost two lines, one goalie a few defensemen...you scare teams for about 20 minutes a game and then they giggle at you when they go up against AHL talent the rest of the time...I'm not sure you even end up with Toronto when your finished...
    Fun ideas but WOW...put down the pipe man.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Keep the team we have except trade Ryder to the blues and what it takes(wheels) to get erik johnson a yound d man with potential.

The oilers are loking for a d man with experience send them ference for a pick

according to the satelite stove the kings are interested in Sturm    

The total cap space after these dealings will be Bruins trade total is 11.75 minus savy contract 4 mill 7.75 minus johnson contract is around 5.75 work with this space for trade deadline.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Cup Winning Trade!! : ok guy.... almost 40 years, time to make rash moves the B's strategy on winning the cup obviously hasnt worked. If we are hoping for drafting and development it might be another 40 years ...im not saying Kane and Enstrom are the keys to winning a cup but some type of similar move is necessary!!!
    Posted by Bird8817

I'm not against going after a bigger player, but with the cap and roster situation the Bruins are in it seems like to only way to do that is to overpay. 

The Bruins are in an unprecedented spot with a bunch of good prospects, good young players, good goaltending, and a bounty of high draft picks.  I would hate to let the 'win now' desperation unravel that scenario for them.  Injuries or a hot team in the playoffs can always ruin a playoff run no matter who they bring in.  I would prefer building a nucleus that would make the Bruins a contender year after year, rather than a go for broke approach to 2011. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

In Response to Re: Cup Winning Trade!! : I'm not against going after a bigger player, but with the cap and roster situation the Bruins are in it seems like to only way to do that is to overpay.  The Bruins are in an unprecedented spot with a bunch of good prospects, good young players, good goaltending, and a bounty of high draft picks.  I would hate to let the 'win now' desperation unravel that scenario for them.  Injuries or a hot team in the playoffs can always ruin a playoff run no matter who they bring in.  I would prefer building a nucleus that would make the Bruins a contender year after year, rather than a go for broke approach to 2011. 
    Posted by Fletcher1

That is the exact mentality the B's brass has.....going on 40 years...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Cup Winning Trade!! : That is the exact mentality the B's brass has.....going on 40 years...
    Posted by Bird8817

That's not true at all.The Bruins often make deadline deals to go for the cup(Gonchar and Iafrate jump out at me,research others yourself).When/if they fall short they look like fools when these rentals sign elsewhere.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

"Since everyone is dreaming in LA LA Land, how about:

Seguin, Thomas, Wheeler, Bergeron, Toronto's 1st 2011, Boston's 1st 2011 & 2012 for Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews.

Then:

Savard, Sturm, Chara and Boston's 2nd in 2011, Boston's 1st in 2013 and 2014 for Evander Kane, Dustin Byfuglien and Atlanta's 1st in 2011.

Then:

Krejci, Colborne, Boychuk and Horton for Kessel, Kris Versteeg, and Luke Schenn.

Then, we go back to the drawing board."

And we get to keep Hunwick and Paille? Deal!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

"Since everyone is dreaming in LA LA Land, how about: Seguin, Thomas, Wheeler, Bergeron, Toronto's 1st 2011, Boston's 1st 2011 & 2012 for Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews. Then: Savard, Sturm, Chara and Boston's 2nd in 2011, Boston's 1st in 2013 and 2014 for Evander Kane, Dustin Byfuglien and Atlanta's 1st in 2011. Then: Krejci, Colborne, Boychuk and Horton for Kessel, Kris Versteeg, and Luke Schenn. Then, we go back to the drawing board." And we get to keep Hunwick and Paille? Deal!!
    Posted by niftybear

You're my kind of guy, Niftybear!

When in LA LA Land, we got to do like the La La's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

The only players worth the b's trading the Dpick for are Parise, Buff or a webertype a true #2 dman(on this team) that could be a #1 on other teams. This is what I think Chara needs to be able to play to his fullest potential.

Also Parise brings heart everynight something that has been questioned from this team before.

Aside from that I think whatskins has it about right!

Sections
Shortcuts