Current league leader in plus/minus is...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChristopherGuzikowski. Show ChristopherGuzikowski's posts

Current league leader in plus/minus is...

...Tyler Seguin, at + 11.  Pretty big step forward for a kid that Julien didn't trust on the ice for most of last spring. And tied for 10th in scoring...this is getting fun

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Re: Current league leader in plus/minus is...

....and he coulda had about three more goals last night!

And Patrice Bergeron is finding the same chemistry with Seguin that he's had with Crosby in the various International Tournaments they've played together in.
    These two are gonna make magic this year.

Next up?

Tyler vs Taylor - Thursday night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Bergeron can do - and has done - so many things that go without notice - and without complaint - that people forget what a crafty and slick playmaker he is.

The guy's like Yzerman - (no wonder he was added to the Olympic Squad (by Yzerman) and ignored by Babcock who had neither the time nor inclination (nor acumen?) to see what he had in Bergeron)

With Seguin, I think Bergeron's going Top 20 in scoring this year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Current league leader in plus/minus is...:
    [QUOTE]....and he coulda had about three more goals last night! And Patrice Bergeron is finding the same chemistry with Seguin that he's had with Crosby in the various International Tournaments they've played together in. These two are gonna make magic this year. Next up? Tyler vs Taylor - Thursday night.  
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure it's going to feel pretty good when Tyler gets to show him his ring. During last year's playoff run, a reporter asked Hall how he felt watching Seguin compete for a Cup. He quickly answered, "jealous". Nice to hear a young player being honest. It also makes you realize just how unique Seguin's situation was. The top players in the draft usually don't make the playoffs, let alone win it all. The sky is the limit where Seguins career accomplishments are concerned. I remember when some folks were questioning his compete level after his OHL team was steamrolled  by Hall's team in the playoffs during their draft year. What a difference a year makes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

That line gets better every game. This kid is just scratching the surface of his potential, he's still 19.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Playing on the line with marchand and bergy is a big bonus for seguin. The more ice time for the kid with bergy the more he will shine. Tyler can be more offensive with two all around players on the same line. Now that the KHL line is stepping up the better for bruins nation. It is evident that the $152,000.00 hangover is clearing. My prediction that i posted recently saying the bruins will step up in nov. is coming true 9-2-2- record for nov., so far the three b's are 3-0.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Aside from the Stanley Cup, is there anything more fun, as a fan, than to watch a young player (19!) start to hint at greatness??

Any possible boredom for a post-Cup early season has been negated by watching Seguin flourish.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Aside from the Stanley Cup, is there anything more fun, as a fan, than to watch a young player (19!) start to hint at greatness?? Any possible boredom for a post-Cup early season has been negated by watching Seguin flourish.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    ...by watching seguin (19) flourish with 22 and 26 year old linemates. this is what's exciting to me. these guys (with a whole lot of luck) could be a dominant force in the league for many years to come. oh yeah, and let's not forget, the other #1 line is all in their mid 20's also. the stars seemed to be aligning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

19 is the best part...19...yikes..only 19

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

So, Im the only one that thinks that Julien knew what he was doing by bringing the kid along slowly last year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Seguin. This kid is something. We are lucky.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]19 is the best part...19...yikes..only 19
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    when i was 19, i was trying to live the real-life version of the movie "animal house". toga! toga! toga! this is probably the reason it took me 5 1/2 years to get my degree. good times man, good times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]So, Im the only one that thinks that Julien knew what he was doing by bringing the kid along slowly last year?
    Posted by Bleedinblackandgold[/QUOTE]
    you are not. pc and clode knew what they were doing. you have to link the two in my opinion. clode designed the machine, pc supplied the parts. it's hard to criticize much of anything if you ask me. they seem to be right in step with each other. pc's making the right moves(kelly,kaberle,peverley), so is clode(marchy/bergy/seggy). sometimes no moves is the move- like keeping LKH together. this team has excelent management, and excelent coaching, and the right mix of players to realize their vision. you know... winning a stanley cup!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]So, Im the only one that thinks that Julien knew what he was doing by bringing the kid along slowly last year?
    Posted by Bleedinblackandgold[/QUOTE]

Not at all.  I agree.

Seguin didn't play this way last year.  Not even close.  Ice time is earned under Julien, as it should be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoBruins02169. Show GoBruins02169's posts

early on this season Naoko asked Tyler what the biggest difference was for him that brought him the confidence to play with that much more of an edge.

I thought "winning the cup his rookie year" to myself. 

the kid plays like a man. he is so much fun to watch and you can see him and MArchand learn from Bergy, who, by all measures is a kid himself at 27!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Are you really giving Claude credit for Seguin's play this year? Maybe............JUST maybe, Seguin would have done the same thing last year as well if he were just paired with a decent line and given more than 30 seconds a game.  Seguin is so fun, everyone in the stands or in the bar stops and watches when he has the puck.....Now be careful with all the years to come talk....remember another skilled puck handler names Samsonov that we all loved so much....what happened to him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Current league leader in plus/minus is... : Not at all.  I agree. Seguin didn't play this way last year.  Not even close.  Ice time is earned under Julien, as it should be.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

If anyone was on this board last year, you would know there were a lot of us on PC and Claude's side.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Yea, but who does Seguin have to bl*w to get 2 more minutes of ice time?

The time is now - not in March - to make up for the Bruins 'Red October'

With Peverley out, double-shift the kid on the Powerplay

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Are you really giving Claude credit for Seguin's play this year? Maybe............JUST maybe, Seguin would have done the same thing last year as well if he were just paired with a decent line and given more than 30 seconds a game.  Seguin is so fun, everyone in the stands or in the bar stops and watches when he has the puck.....Now be careful with all the years to come talk....remember another skilled puck handler names Samsonov that we all loved so much....what happened to him?
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]
    Plays for Carolina. Has had a decent career. What has a former 7th pick got to do with a budding superstar? If you want to compare him to former picks then Joe T is a far better barometer for expectations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yea, but who does Seguin have to bl*w to get 2 more minutes of ice time? The time is now - not in March - to make up for the Bruins 'Red October' With Peverley out, double-shift the kid on the Powerplay
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    The guy gets more minutes than any forward not named Bergeron or Marchand. The only reason they see more ice is that they are on the PK. Right now, Bergeron is the only forward that has played significantly more overall minutes than Seguin this year. That, to me, makes perfect sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Current league leader in plus/minus is... : Plays for Carolina. Has had a decent career. What has a former 7th pick got to do with a budding superstar? If you want to compare him to former picks then Joe T is a far better barometer for expectations.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

He's currently a UFA.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I admit that I thought he should have gone back to junior and call him up for the playoffs.  His confidence was shot last year.  I do see the pros and cons of staying up and becoming a pro.  We can never play what if on last year similar to stampkos.  Seguin is a blooming franchise player and the best is yet to come. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Current league leader in plus/minus is... : He's currently a UFA.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Sad. Didn't I see him in the pre-season? Either way, you know where I was going Chowdah. Doomsayers like old Slicksteve make me laugh. They can't just be happy seeing a young star rise. I mean, comparing Samsonov to Seguin makes no sense. Does Ottawa expect every 1st rounder to fail because Alexandre Daigle didn't work out? What's next-should we expect Lucic to have his career derailed after 8 seasons because that's what happened to Neely? I guess this is all great news for Hamilton. He gets to be the next Ray Bourque......A sincere thanks for the correction. Cheers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Current league leader in plus/minus is... : Sad. Didn't I see him in the pre-season? Either way, you know where I was going.A sincere thanks for the correction.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Not correcting dez , just informing. Most likely he's done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Current league leader in plus/minus is... : Not correcting dez , just informing. Most likely he's done.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I was being sincere. I went back to add more. You'll already have seen it by now so I don't know why I'm still writing.

Sections
Shortcuts