Cut the K-Rap, Marchand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Cut the K-Rap, Marchand

I hate that garbage.  Stop it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: Cut the K-Rap, Marchand

Agree big time, If he wants to play like that sign with the canucks! Too much skill to be diving around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Once you get speared in the balls after the whistle with the ref in the middle it's acceptable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

its never acceptable, ball hook or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Yeah, not a shining game from him.

With that last penalty, I'm of two minds.  On one hand, he looked like he was leaning over after the puck and there's no way he could have stayed on his skates with a little shove... on the other hand, he could have been leaning over so that he would fall over with a little shove on purpose.

Hopefully this is his one game to get his head back on strait before starting scoring again.  I feel like he has a history of trying to bust slumps that way.

On a side note, what was with Chara?  I'm sure being hit in the ear hurt, but that was a bit much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Cut the K-Rap, Marchand:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, not a shining game from him. With that last penalty, I'm of two minds.  On one hand, he looked like he was leaning over after the puck and there's no way he could have stayed on his skates with a little shove... on the other hand, he could have been leaning over so that he would fall over with a little shove on purpose. Hopefully this is his one game to get his head back on strait before starting scoring again.  I feel like he has a history of trying to bust slumps that way.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    He fanned on the puck and was off balance as a result.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I think he should get the benefit of the doubt here.  It looked to me like he just lost his balance, which is understandable considering he took a pretty nasty slash to the knubles not too long before.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

i don't think that it was a dive on the cross check, but towards the end when he came over the blueline got upended and covered his face only to pop up a second later, that was pretty bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, not a shining game from him. With that last penalty, I'm of two minds.  On one hand, he looked like he was leaning over after the puck and there's no way he could have stayed on his skates with a little shove... on the other hand, he could have been leaning over so that he would fall over with a little shove on purpose. Hopefully this is his one game to get his head back on strait before starting scoring again.  I feel like he has a history of trying to bust slumps that way. On a side note, what was with Chara?  I'm sure being hit in the ear hurt, but that was a bit much.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Doc -- Your "side note" regarding Chara is way off base. Somehow you can always tell when someone on this board has never strapped on anything more than a pair of figure skates. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Marchand was pretty embarrassing out there towards the end. What happened to the agitator who would cut through the D in order to get to the net? What happened to those wicked cycling plays down low and drive to the posts? More of that, less of the Vancouver diving team garbage.

I like the guy, but that was awful to watch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cut the K-Rap, Marchand : Doc -- Your "side note" regarding Chara is way off base. Somehow you can always tell when someone on this board has never strapped on anything more than a pair of figure skates. 
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]
    Hey you got me!

Or perhaps when someone is watching a crappy feed where it wasn't obvious what happened and only one replay was shown.  What was your take?  From the view I saw I wasn't even sure the stick hit him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cut the K-Rap, Marchand : He fanned on the puck and was off balance as a result.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

How some love to pick on Marchand. So many times he gets called for bogus penalties and even tonight late in the 3rd he gets a high stick on the end boards and doe s not get called. 
    Stop nitpicking on the guy.He's been good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Just because the contact isn't hard doesn't mean that a player isn't going to go down. He was off balance as he was playing the puck, and they play the game on this slippery ice stuff.

I've taken baseballs to the nads at thirdbase without going down like that though, was a bit much but a penalty was deserved on that for Chimera. You don't do that.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I couldn't muster any sympathy for Marchand taking a stick to the nads after watching him do the same thing to someone else last year.  Hopefully he learned a lesson about how some boundaries must never be crossed. 

As far as the flopping around on the ice, I didn't have a clear enough view to say what initiated his repeated falls to the ice late in the game.  Regardless of what sent him to the ice, he appeared to remain on the ice for longer than necessary to draw a call.  He needs to learn that the Bruins don't play that way. 

Besides, it wasn't like the Bruins power play was working.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The one at the end where he grabbed his face looked like a dive, but did you see it? The camera guy was awful and all I saw was Marchand getting hit. If it was high, I don't have a problem selling it. I'm not a fan of selling hooks, trips, or any of those types but sticks, gloves and elbows I don't have a problem with anyone selling those (Asham-like bs aside) The other two I think you're reaching. On one, he got hit in the nuts, cups are not perfect and i've seen fighters with iron cups stay down longer. Call it karma, not cheap or Hab-like. On the cross check, he was off balance. Crap on him for his lackluster play, not the hit where you didn't get a great look.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuII. Show nuII's posts

I take it back.  I love Marchand!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It wasn't just the one where he grabbed his face.  He went cartwheeling on another minor collision very shortly before that, and pretty much from the spear on, he was freaking zamboni he spent so much time down cleaning the ice.  The spear was no dive, and I'll give him the crosscheck, but he was down every two second after that.

Can't get on him about not cycling.  He tried three or four times but didn't get any support.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Cut the K-Rap, Marchand:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cut the K-Rap, Marchand : He fanned on the puck and was off balance as a result.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'm with Dez, Brad could rob my Grandmothers Sunday night bingo game and I would shoulder shrug then look the other way lol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I didn't see the whole game, but I had a team mate get sack tapped in our game last night and despite the cup it is possible to tap the twig and berries so no I don't fault him in the least for doubling over after he got speared below the belt.

Didn't see any of the other stuff. Oh well. It happens.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, for a guy with a questionable reputation already he had some pretty spectacular falls from some lighter hits.  He hasn't been much of a diver and I hope it stays that way.  Hope he hasn't been watching Ryan Kesler...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cut the K-Rap, Marchand : I'm with Dez, Brad could rob my Grandmothers Sunday night bingo game and I would shoulder shrug then look the other way lol.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, he does need to bare down and start burying some chances though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't know, he got speared, he got cheap-shotted on an offsides play, and he got x-checked, but he's the one who has to cut out the stuff? Really? How bout Lucic and his propensity for throwing punches and taking dumb roughing penalties especially when he's not scoring? That doesn't hurt more? Look, I say let Marchand be Marchand, and let Milan be Milan. The Caps tried to maul both of them and basically lost their Devils hockey approach. Let the Caps continue the cheapshots and the idiotic behavior. Maybe the B's will actually score on the PP, or they will continue to be superb on the 4-on-4s.