Dale Tallon Wants To Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Dale Tallon Wants To Trade

...Gudbranson for Toronto's pick. Pull the trigger?

EDIT: This was based on pure speculation by KPD in hockey notes that I thought was interesting.  See below for the KPD post.

Turns out there was a mixup between PC and Dale Tallon like between PC and Burke at the 09 draft. The deal wasn't straight up Toronto's first for Gudbranson.

Deal is: Toronto's first AND Knight OR Spooner for Gudbranson. Still do it? Or do you wait for Burke to pony up on Marchand's RFA deal?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

Re: Dale Tallon Wants To Trade

yes.  in a heartbeat if this were tru.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would be thrilled, but I don't see the benefit for Florida here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

if Gudbranson would have been in the  next draft would go top3 for sure

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yes, if true.  I would even offer a bit more.  I heard Gudbranson is struggling at Canada's WJ camp which might be prompting this.  Regardless, the kid seems like a stud to me and we need the help on the back-end.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Where did you hear of this and do you have a link?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tallon wants to make a deal that is correct but he wants to clear salary for draft picks Chiarelli has them. Who from Florida can help the Bruins now ? Stillman 3.5Mil or McCabe 5.75Mil both UFAs at the end of the year but their numbers are down this year plus they are cap crunchers.

We now know that Chiarelli will not give up on Wheeler and Ryder so those deals above won't help. Gudbranson won't help the Bruins now plus there is no way Chiarelli gives up TOs pick because a couple of injuries again and the Leafs go on another slide. Tallon would want more than Boston's own #1 for Gudbranson.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

In Response to Re: Dale Tallon Wants To Trade:
    [QUOTE]Tallon wants to make a deal that is correct but he wants to clear salary for draft picks Chiarelli has them. Who from Florida can help the Bruins now ? Stillman 3.5Mil or McCabe 5.75Mil both UFAs at the end of the year but their numbers are down this year plus they are cap crunchers. We now know that Chiarelli will not give up on Wheeler and Ryder so those deals above won't help. Gudbranson won't help the Bruins now plus there is no way Chiarelli gives up TOs pick because a couple of injuries again and the Leafs go on another slide. Tallon would want more than Boston's own #1 for Gudbranson.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

wrong .

even if leafs do slip i dont see them being worse than the oilers, islanders or maybe even panthers.  there will be other teams to slip down and maybe the leafs pick will not be a top 3 let alone a top 5 so why not get a Gudbranson for a straight swap.  Gudbranson in this draft wud be anywhere from 3-5 pick.
    i say he can also play in the nhl and who knows if the bruins sign him he can play the playoffs.
    i think the person that started this thread is using us as an experiment to see how we react.  i ate the cheese and didnt get a shock.  so where did you get this ifo ????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The OP is a known poster and not a troll, so I taking the bait a bit too...

...But seriously...any link??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

This was based on KPD's speculation in hockey notes this past Sunday.

NAS, I am with you that there is higher risk and lesser reward for Florida. We get to lock in value for the Toronto pick whereas Florida takes on the risk. I just know that there are a lot of people who are obsessed with the TOR pick and wanted to see if people would part with it.

So let me make it more interesting:

Toronto's 1st + Knight OR Spooner for Gudbranson.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

FROM KPD'S MOST RECENT HOCKEY NOTES:

DEAL OR NO DEAL?
    Gudbranson a talking point

Things would look far sunnier in Sunrise, Fla., this morning had flashy prospect Erik Gudbranson signed his entry-level deal in September and joined the likes of soft-and-skilled Dennis Wideman and Bryan McCabe on the Panthers’ back line.

Gudbranson, the No. 3 pick in the June draft, returned to Kingston (OHL) after the Panthers balked at sweetening his deal with maximum bonus clauses. Now they are on course for a 10th straight postseason DNQ and could really use Gudbranson’s grit.

Some NHL clubs might have opted to select the 6-4, 195-pound Gudbranson as high as No. 2 overall. What happens next? In all likelihood, the Panthers give the kid the max dough prior to 2011-12 and he’s in uniform next October.

However, he is such a stud that some clubs, possibly the Bruins, are expected to approach Florida GM Dale Tallon about prying away Gudbranson’s rights this season, possibly tossing the Panthers a roster player now and swapping first-round picks.

Such a scenario would be ideal for clubs in need of cap relief, although the Panthers are working now with a cap hit of around $53 million. They just aren’t getting much bang for their big bucks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

So he's suggesting something like Wheeler+Tor#1 for Gudbranson+Fla#1?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

DRCC, that is what KPD seems to think is reasonable. I would go as high as Caron as the player involved if we get an exchange of picks in the deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Dale Tallon Wants To Trade:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dale Tallon Wants To Trade : wrong . even if leafs do slip i dont see them being worse than the oilers, islanders or maybe even panthers.  there will be other teams to slip down and maybe the leafs pick will not be a top 3 let alone a top 5 so why not get a Gudbranson for a straight swap. so where did you get this ifo ???? Posted by FairbankAK[/QUOTE]

If you can't deduce why Tallon might want to trade away big salaried salaries or where to look on the internet (I mean forget about how aggressive Tallon has been in the past or how bad Florida is by all means) than I can't help you.

Again if the Leafs go through another rash of injuries whish is possible they could most certainly finish worse therefore PC will hold onto that pick. Chiarelli gambled last year and will this year that I know Happy searching!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The way I read is that the Bruins would send a roster player [Wheeler] plus the Bruins #1 pick for the rights to Gulbrandson and Florida's #1 pick

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Bogie, that's how what KPD reads. But that's just a ridiculous steal. That's two blue chippers for one blue chipper and a throw in. I thought I'd sweeten the deal because I didn't think that proposal was realistic -- you'd have to be nuts not to take it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think KPD's comment was meant to be generic, not just Bruins specific.  Most other clubs only have their own first.  For the Bruins' offer to be competitive with other teams, they would either have to put in Toronto's #1 rather than their own, or a very valuable prospect (Hamill? Innocent)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Dale Tallon Wants To Trade:
    [QUOTE]...Gudbranson for Toronto's pick. Pull the trigger? EDIT: This was based on pure speculation by KPD in hockey notes that I thought was interesting.  See below for the KPD post. Turns out there was a mixup between PC and Dale Tallon like between PC and Burke at the 09 draft. The deal wasn't straight up Toronto's first for Gudbranson. Deal is: Toronto's first AND Knight OR Spooner for Gudbranson. Still do it? Or do you wait for Burke to pony up on Marchand's RFA deal?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    I said I would make the deal as soon as I heard Gudbranson didn't stick with the Panthers.Gudbranson will be NHL ready well before ANYONE in this years draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Dez, assuming Florida wants Toronto's pick and something else, how high are you willing to go? If the deal is a swap of picks, how high? Caron AND Wheeler?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, assuming Florida wants Toronto's pick and something else, how high are you willing to go? If the deal is a swap of picks, how high? Caron AND Wheeler?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    No but Spooner and Wheeler I would do(because Caron has shown he can play now as opposed to later).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Gudbranson ? BOSTON NEEDS HELP AT D RIGHT NOW !!!

We can't be constatly building for a Stanley cup contender. Chara isn't getting younger, nor is Savard.  We need a proven D-man who can play 20-25 minutes per game and put up the numbers...THIS YEAR !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

Gudbranson can play now. if it was not for his contract dispute with the panthers he wud have been in their lineup.
    makes sense the trade now . more clear.  bruins shud keep spooner and maybe trade knight of that's the case.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I like what Chiarelli's philosophy has been on defensemen.  Why trade for an 18 yr old when you can get a developed player from college or juniors like Kampfer and Bartkowski.

Sandog, the only player I want from Florida is Frolik.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Theres no way florida trades there 1st pick (likely a top 5 ) to the Bs for there own 1st pick ( likely 15 to 20 )
    Torontos 1st and a roster player for Gudbranson I can see but if florida wants picks they wont trade theres, thats just dumb.
    Florida has 8 mil in cap space so taking 2 roster players and the draft pick more likely.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Theres no way florida trades there 1st pick (likely a top 5 ) to the Bs for there own 1st pick ( likely 15 to 20 ) Torontos 1st and a roster player for Gudbranson I can see but if florida wants picks they wont trade theres, thats just dumb. Florida has 8 mil in cap space so taking 2 roster players and the draft pick more likely.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]
    You're right.Florida flipping picks makes no sense.

Sections
Shortcuts