Dallas Going For It?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Dallas Going For It?

Seems Nill just aquired the much maligned Horcoff from EDM:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426972

No word on the return yet. Good faceoff guy and perfect third line center, if overpayed.

Is Dallas making a play for relevancy with these moves? Will it work?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Dallas Going For It?

if overpaid?....  no if about it....

surprised they didn't pick up Hemsky too....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

No word on the return yet. Good faceoff guy and perfect third line center, if overpayed.

Nill is giving Holmgren a run for his money...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

[QUOTE]

Nill is giving Holmgren a run for his money...

[/QUOTE]

hahaha...you know what they say: "when in Rome..."

But seriously, they have the cap space and the need for some stability defensively (especially after trading Eriksson) so why not?

http://www.capgeek.com/stars/

Very thin with forwards and I am sure Nill probably asked Ruff what he wants. Kind of a blank slate here....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

if overpaid?....  no if about it....

surprised they didn't pick up Hemsky too....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

Give them time......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Gonchar and Goligoski are the best defenders. And they are spending their money where ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

lol......over $11 million at center of course spent (Seguin and Horcoff).

Their goaltending is set. D is not so horrible. They will probably make the playoffs (been a while) then who knows. remmeber when they were in bankruptcy? Plus, Nill is no idiot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Gonchar and Goligoski are the best defenders. And they are spending their money where ?

Robidas daley.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Their goaltending is set. D is not so horrible. They will probably make the playoffs (been a while) then who knows. remmeber when they were in bankruptcy? Plus, Nill is no idiot.

Horcoff contract is right up there.  Mact is a god for dealing that without eating money.  They have 21m in cap space.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Horcoff contract is right up there.  Mact is a god for dealing that without eating money.  They have 21m in cap space.  

hahaha....we don't know the return yet but yes, he has literally done the impossible. Kudos to the former Bruin!!

By the way, how it the 4rth ofJuly going in the Atlantic? I am teaching my sons the joys of freedom as we speak....lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

hahaha....we don't know the return yet but yes, he has literally done the impossible. Kudos to the former Bruin!!

By the way, how it the 4rth ofJuly going in the Atlantic? I am teaching my sons the joys of freedom as we speak....lol.

[/QUOTE]

7th round pick and adam larson.   

NS doesnt celebrate july 4th.  It rained on CANADA day so i sat by the pool today and sipped on coors light for all my buddys to the south.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

D is not so horrible. 

LoL

Please explain ?

Who is there shutdown defenseman ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

D is not so horrible. 

LoL

Please explain ?

[/QUOTE]

Not sure you need a so called shut down dman   If the group of 6 is solid enough and mobile theycan get by.   Robidas although not very big has been used in that role.  AF has been used in thar role.  Problem with their big 4 is they all can skate, but i kinda agree, no one is gonna fear going over their blueline.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not sure you need a so called shut down dman   If the group of 6 is solid enough and mobile theycan get by.   Robidas although not very big has been used in that role.  AF has been used in thar role.  Problem with their big 4 is they all can skate, but i kinda agree, no one is gonna fear going over their blueline.   

Very true....I belive the Canes won just a few years back with a pack of nobodies....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Please explain ?

Not sure you need a so called shut down dman   If the group of 6 is solid enough and mobile theycan get by.   Robidas although not very big has been used in that role.  [/QUOTE]

"Oh we can get by"

Now there is a great strategy for a GM and a franchise LoL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Agreed, jm.  Having served his apprenticeship with the Wings he learned his job with one of the league's best front offices.  I read he was Detroit's assistant general manager for 15 years and had worked for their management since '94.  Nieuwendyk couldn't get them into the playoffs while he was there.  Nill appears to be doing everything he can to make it happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Please explain ?

Not sure you need a so called shut down dman   If the group of 6 is solid enough and mobile theycan get by.   Robidas although not very big has been used in that role. 

"Oh we can get by"

Now there is a great strategy for a GM and a franchise LoL

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that the Leaf motto throughout the 70s and 80s?  Probably had a poster of it in the dressing room above the player stalls.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

NS doesnt celebrate july 4th.  It rained on CANADA day so i sat by the pool today and sipped on coors light for all my buddys to the south.  

Larsson, Really? i heard he was an up and comer! I guess you have to give something to get something.

I know you Scotians are not Amerkans but i thought there may be some excuse to party out there. I have dual citizenship so there is always some excuse to pound one back.

Cheers my man!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Agreed, jm.  Having served his apprenticeship with the Wings he learned his job with one of the league's best front offices.  I read he was Detroit's assistant general manager for 15 years and had worked for their management since '94.  Nieuwendyk couldn't get them into the playoffs while he was there.  Nill appears to be doing everything he can to make it happen.

Precisely...he ain't no fool RHO. He knows what he needs and is going after it.

2013-14 is going to be very different from our lockout previous........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Larsson, Really? i heard he was an up and comer! I guess you have to give something to get something.

I know you Scotians are not Amerkans but i thought there may be some excuse to party out there. I have dual citizenship so there is always some excuse to pound one back.

Cheers my man!!!

[/QUOTE]

JM, you're probably thinking of Adam Larsson from the Devils. 4th overall in 2011. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

JM, you're probably thinking of Adam Larsson from the Devils. 4th overall in 2011. 

Good assumption but no. The guy was, apparently, a solid top 4 prospect in the system from what I can gather.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Dallas going for it ? 

I'm presuming "it" means making the playoffs. They have some more work to do before holding the other "it" above their heads.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Yzerman spent years in the Detroit front office also. 

He's currently a disaster.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Just said in another thread: they named Seguin their #1 center and Peverly their #2 yesterday. I am not impressed.

On if Seguin, who has played both wing and center, is viewed as a center by the Stars

Ruff: “That’s correct. We’re looking for someone who can play with [Jamie] Benn. It’s a position we wanted to fill, it’s a natural position for Tyler and he’s looking forward to playing it.”

On if Peverley and Cody Eakin can be the No. 2 and No. 3 centers this season

Nill: “That’s what we are planning on.”

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Just said in another thread: they named Seguin their #1 center and Peverly their #2 yesterday. I am not impressed.

If Rich Peverley is on your 2nd line, your team sucks.

If Seguin is your #1 center, your team sucks.

Sections
Shortcuts