Dammit!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Dammit!

The Flames are playing so well & I'm going to the game on Tues! THEY ARE THE MOST IGNORANT FANS I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED! Totally classless when it comes to going to the Saddledome & cheering for the other team! Doesn't matter if the Flames get beat 6-0! They still are classless idiots! They're twice as bad when they win!

For ex. this is a Flames fans status on his bbm after tonites game.
    "Eastern Conference is a f'in joke! Beat it Frogs!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Dammit!

I dont agree with you very often but i dig the Gilbert avatar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

lol! Yea I actually found my disk on B's goalie's & it was in there. Goalies from 1920's to 1999.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

I saw that a day or so ago and also meant to comment as well. Gilles was alright!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

He was fun to watch.  I had high hopes when they got him from Minnesota.

And those of us who bought masks from Ernie Higgins are a little club.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

I think this post was just used as an excuse to tell us you were going to the game.

Sad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Dammit!:
    [QUOTE]I think this post was just used as an excuse to tell us you were going to the game. Sad.
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

I think this post was just used as an excuse to be a d1ck.  Sad.

nitemare's got a point.  Calgary fans are terrrrrrrible.  When they had Fleury, the little ^%$$#%# would spear someone in the groin, take a shot in the face in retaliation, and then bluster at the guy he'd just cheap-shotted while one of his adult-sized teammates stepped in to fight his battles.  The fans would yell all sorts of outraged crap about what a tough guy you had to be to take on "little" Fleury.  Just oblivious.  You might accept this in Philly, say, where the crowd is loud and aggressive throughout the game, but other than these idiotic comments, they sit on their hands and discuss oil deals and wheat board internal politics.  They got all sorts of pub as great fans when the Flames made the Cup, but I'm willing to bet it's gone back to the Pengrowth Mausoleum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]He was fun to watch.  I had high hopes when they got him from Minnesota. And those of us who bought masks from Ernie Higgins are a little club.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I had three from Ernie Higgins; a very nice man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Flames fans seem cocky for a team in such disarray upstairs. At least they beat the Comediens. No fans are worse than New York sports fans, IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Anyone ever meet a Buffalo fan? Buffalo/Montreal fans are the worst. I had a Montreal fan pour a beer on my best friends' girlfriend after a game. I will never forget that, or about the 10 people that swarmed him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I've been to the Dome a total of 6x's to watch games. 3 were against the B's. EVERY SINGLE game. The fans there act up, before, during & after! I even watched them pick on a 6yr boy because he was wearing a TT's Jersey! I got security to throw them out, but still.
    I've been to Edmonton which btw 40yrs "I'm going to that game too!" Vancouver! Hey 40yrs. "I'm going to that game too!" pretty sad eh? Anyway I've been to Ott, Tor, QUEBEC even! Never have I had bad experiences. Fans in Van & Ott even hi-fived me & said "great game!" This was after a Bruins win.

I know every arena has it's idiots!. Just that I've never experienced it anywhere but Calgary! So this is why I have mixed emotions about going at all. I have to go, because I only get to see the B's this close every other year. However, just not looking forward to putting up with nonsense!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]He was fun to watch.  I had high hopes when they got him from Minnesota. And those of us who bought masks from Ernie Higgins are a little club.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Put on one of the best play-off perfermances I've ever seen in 79! Loved Gilly!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone ever meet a Buffalo fan? Buffalo/Montreal fans are the worst. I had a Montreal fan pour a beer on my best friends' girlfriend after a game. I will never forget that, or about the 10 people that swarmed him.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

I've been to more than 20 games in Montreal and never received more than simple jeers in jest.  More often than not, it's been the Boston fans who were the classless in attendance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BRUINS 4
    FLAMES 3

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dammit! : I've been to more than 20 games in Montreal and never received more than simple jeers in jest.  More often than not, it's been the Boston fans who were the classless in attendance.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I have been to only a couple games in Montreal, and for the most part it wasn't bad. But I have had some terrible experiences in Boston from Montreal fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well? The Flames fans continued their unclassyness last nite again! Also, I got a lot of feed back from my friend & his girlfriend who were at the HC game on Sun. Let me start out with the latter.

They're Scabs fans, but he I have a mutual for respect for each other & we can actually watch a Bos/Mon game without wanting to kill one another. Anyway as much as I don't like PK Subban. What the Flames fans did to my buddy is beyond dipicable! They called him & his girlfriend N-Lovers! One guy pushed her when she said to the guy to just back off from the comments. Another guy spit in my buddies hair. He said he NEVER seen the likes of it!

Another buddy of mine who came with me last nite. He's a Leaf fan first & then ABF fan (AnybodybutFlames) he wore one of my B jersey's. We had a bus deal that took us to the Dome. The pick up was at a Boston Pizza. Well we walked in there & it wasn't 5 seconds when somebody at a Flames table yells "BOO GO BACK TO BOSTON YOU FREAKIN LOSERS!"

We didn't acknowledge them. The bus ride was actually OK. We then get to the Dome; were walking up the steps & 3 guys behind us yells. "Hey look at the 2 queers in front of us! They're probably going to go home & lick each other after the game!"

We're walking to our seats which were in the 300 section. So as were walking along a cement walkway. There's a row above us & two people tried to kick my buddy as he's walking by. He didn't notice, but I was behind him with a few people between us. As I get up to the same two. The first was a girl & then a guy. She goes to kick me & grabbed her foot & put it gently back & said "You seem to have a foot problem. Maybe you should get that checked!" He didn't say a word.

Now since this put me further behind. My buddy got to his seat before the opening faceoff. I had to wait just at the cement slab about 20 ft from my seat. There's 3 guys about 2 rows behind where we were sitting. They start screaming "Lucic's a little %&$&$ pansy & suks &^$$ & is overrated!" Well we all know how beautiful karma can be sometimes eh! When Lucic scored I did the Ray Bourque  down on one knee & the one arm shuffle & screamed "YEEAAAA BOIIII!" Then proceeded to my seat. At this point I was fed up! So I stood back up put my hand to my ear as they annouced Lucic's name, turned & said to the 3 guys! "I'm sorry did you guys hear what name they said? Was that Lucic! Not bad for someone who's overrated eh? By the way besides maybe Jackman? Who on the Flames would be able to handle Lucic's pansy A$s! They never said another word until the game was over & somebody Hawked a luby on my buddy! A nice fan actually told him it was there & said he's sorry for all the morons there. He said he's tempted to start cheering for the Canucks because he said their getting so bad!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Those folks have severe problems that run deeper than unacceptable public behavior at sporting events. Or anywhere else for that matter. You did good to let it go. Along with her foot!

P.S. But would'nt you like to unload on these types of people? Cannot do it in today's PC world.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Those folks have severe problems that run deeper than unacceptable public behavior at sporting events. Or anywhere else for that matter. You did good to let it go. Along with her foot! P.S. But would'nt you like to unload on these types of people? Cannot do it in today's PC world.
    Posted by SteveM[/QUOTE]

Unload? Yea I would, but the way I look at it! With those types of people it would never end! There's a few people on here like that! They get people PO'd on here leave, change their name & start all over again. Some people on here are like an STD. Easy to get, but hard to get rid of!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I can totally understand - I've lived in a few spots in Alberta including Calgary for a couple of years. I was visiting my brother in Northern ALberta around the time of the Thorton trade and my brother, myself, and my girlfriend had previously made plans to catch both the Oilers and Flames games. The trade made it bitter sweet.

When we were at the Oilers games we all had our sweaters on (I think I was wearing my old Oates one) We were at the front of the second deck, completely surrounded by blue and orange sweaters. And you know what? It was the most fun I've ever had in foreign territory. We got into a great talk with the folks directly behind us about the 1990 and 1988 series and we ended up buying each other rounds and meeting at a local pub afterwards. We a,lso talked about the Joe trade, and they gave us their sympathies. I think my brother is still in a hockey pool with one of them. (Boston won and they actually congratulated us)

But the Flames game? Oh christ... that was not fun. I think when we walked in me and my gf were holding hands. As we were waiting to get in the gate a guy screamed "that's all the fans the ****ing Bruins have! D*kes nd F*ggots!"
    My brother wasn't pleased, butI told him not to doanything, but the whole bloody night was like that. He was livid and both of us kept having to tell him not to retaliate. In the middle of the third someone chucked an empty beer glass at us, and my brother went nuts - he jumped across two rows and was about to pummel the guy. Thankfully a security guard saw it and tossed the person who did it. Afterwards we all agreed we'd watch them in Edmonton, but never in Calgary again. I've been to Rexall twice since then, but will never go back to the 'Dome.

So I have to agree...  as far as having decent fans goes, Ednmonton DEFINITELY wins the battle of Alberta. Calgary is an awful place to watch a hockey game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

A bit surprised at Calgary fans....but it's Canada, and Montreal is in Canada, and they are some of the worst fans. You were the better person for not acting out.

I've never been to a Bruins game outside of Boston, but one game in Boston I wore a Ducks shirt to a B's/Ducks game (sibling present and I thought why not!) Zero issues, no one even looked at me.

3 Sharks games in San Jose (wearing Bruins Thornton shirt and I was complimented) and an 1 in Atlanta....Sharks attendance was huge but the fans still aren't true hockey fans, they didn't grow up with it, no one was at the Atlanta game, place was empty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I can totally understand - I've lived in a few spots in Alberta including Calgary for a couple of years. I was visiting my brother in Northern ALberta around the time of the Thorton trade and my brother, myself, and my girlfriend had previously made plans to catch both the Oilers and Flames games. The trade made it bitter sweet. When we were at the Oilers games we all had our sweaters on (I think I was wearing my old Oates one) We were at the front of the second deck, completely surrounded by blue and orange sweaters. And you know what? It was the most fun I've ever had in foreign territory. We got into a great talk with the folks directly behind us about the 1990 and 1988 series and we ended up buying each other rounds and meeting at a local pub afterwards. We a,lso talked about the Joe trade, and they gave us their sympathies. I think my brother is still in a hockey pool with one of them. (Boston won and they actually congratulated us) But the Flames game? Oh christ... that was not fun. I think when we walked in me and my gf were holding hands. As we were waiting to get in the gate a guy screamed "that's all the fans the ****ing Bruins have! D*kes nd F*ggots!" My brother wasn't pleased, butI told him not to doanything, but the whole bloody night was like that. He was livid and both of us kept having to tell him not to retaliate. In the middle of the third someone chucked an empty beer glass at us, and my brother went nuts - he jumped across two rows and was about to pummel the guy. Thankfully a security guard saw it and tossed the person who did it. Afterwards we all agreed we'd watch them in Edmonton, but never in Calgary again. I've been to Rexall twice since then, but will never go back to the 'Dome. So I have to agree...  as far as having decent fans goes, Ednmonton DEFINITELY wins the battle of Alberta. Calgary is an awful place to watch a hockey game.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    I was at both those games you speak of Red as well.  Dec, 2/05 The Oilers were up 3-0 half way thru the 1st. Bergy tied the game in the 2nd & I believe he got the go ahead goal. Edmonton ties it up late in the 3rd. Dave Tanabe sneaks in & beats Maarkenson for the OT winner. Had a good experience there that night. It was a good game & the Oiler fans actually said they we're glad the B's won because you're gonna miss Joe!

The Flames game you're talking about was my first bad experience & it's been that way a total of 7x's now. The Bruin's lost that one 3-0. Kipper was great & Raycroft was OK. That was the nite somebody tried to rip off the Bruin on the shoulder of the wifes Jersey!  

Sections
Shortcuts