Damn Canucks fans...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Damn Canucks fans...

Looch is bringing th Cup into town on Sunday, but because of security concerns it looks like there won't be any public events. So there goes my chance to see a Bruin with the Cup up close, thanks to idiot Canucks fans.

Thanks tonnes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Damn Canucks fans...

WOW!!! Nightmare's going to have a field day with this one!

Unreal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Seriously... they could have it in public in Montreal, but not Vancouver? That's infuriating. I'm pretty upset.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

And you have every right to be. I can't believe this. When it's over, it's over. 

I know I would have been upset had the B's lost in the finals but this is just ridiculous!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans...:
    [QUOTE]Seriously... they could have it in public in Montreal, but not Vancouver? That's infuriating. I'm pretty upset.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Red, that's awful. The city and it's people should be embarrassed that Looch the Cup won't be on display simply because the inhabitants can no longer be trusted to behave themselves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Does anyone here honestly think that if the Canucks won, Cory Schneider would have had to worry about publicly displaying the Cup in Mass.? I need to protest this or something... Maybe a letter to the editor, thanking the Canucks fans for screwing us BC Bruins fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathan17. Show stanjonathan17's posts

absolutely pathetic..............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Does anyone know when Rex gets it? Maybe I can still drive out to the Okanagan to see it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have to wonder if this is an overreaction by security personell/local authorities.

I mean really?  Lucic practically got a standing ovation when he lifted the Cup in the arena.  I find it quite hard to believe that fans would really act out if there were a public event, at say, Lucic's high school or something.  I know Vancouver has looked pretty bad with the rioting and all, but I just don't believe people would show up in the middle of the day to act out in violence.  Maybe I'm wrong.

It's not like Marchand or Boychuk are bringing the Cup to town.  Isn't Lucic still a bit of a hero in those parts from his days on the Giants?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Listening to sports radio out here today, I'm not sure if it's an overreaction. A bunch of callers saying things like "I'm glad we're spoiling his party" and "He better not be dumb enough to show it in public."

This city just keeps embarrassing me more and more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Listening to sports radio out here today, I'm not sure if it's an overreaction. A bunch of callers saying things like "I'm glad we're spoiling his party" and "He better not be dumb enough to show it in public." This city just keeps embarrassing me more and more.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Wow.  You know better than me.  Sad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

OK, I've looked at all the local news about Lucic's day with the Cup, and I don't see anything about "security issues".  I read that he's having a "private function", because so many friends and relatives are flying in from all over the continent, but not a word about worries about bitter Canuck fans. 

There's quite a bit of affection for Lucic here;  he's a local boy, played his junior hockey in Vancouver, so I don't really think there's a lot of enmity towards him.

In fact, if there was a public event, I'd probably go, and congratulate a local boy on winning the Cup.  Both Seabrook and Brouwer brought the cup back to the Vancouver area last year, and people loved it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Team's been talking about it - saying they have not received official confirmation but that sources have said the reason Lucic is the ONLY Bruin not to have any public function is because of Canucks fans.

That said, got a call from my brother - looks like the Function will be at the Portuguese club, which is about four blocks from my house. I may just put my jersey on, and go early and stand in front, and hopefully be able to see it as it's brought in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Here is an article I found.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/7320/lucics-plans-with-cup-reportedly-disrupted

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone know when Rex gets it? Maybe I can still drive out to the Okanagan to see it.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Im a little disappointed about the whole thing as well.  As far as Recchi goes Im not to sure of the date but heard that he will have it on display publically at the Kamloops Blazers arena.  I was in Kamloops this weekend and went by the hospital to see the Recchi billboard and take a picture with it.  He used to be wearing a B's jersey in it and now they have him wearing black dress clothes.  It changed during the Canucks series as the billboard was apparently being vandalized regularly throughout the series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Here is an article I found. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/7320/lucics-plans-with-cup-reportedly-disrupted
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Very classy, Vancouver.

Funny how I always hear "it's not everybody in Vancouver, it's just a few people". I have a hard time believing it's always the same few people that are the cause. Must be considerably more than "a few".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]OK, I've looked at all the local news about Lucic's day with the Cup, and I don't see anything about "security issues".  I read that he's having a "private function", because so many friends and relatives are flying in from all over the continent, but not a word about worries about bitter Canuck fans.  There's quite a bit of affection for Lucic here;  he's a local boy, played his junior hockey in Vancouver, so I don't really think there's a lot of enmity towards him. In fact, if there was a public event, I'd probably go, and congratulate a local boy on winning the Cup.  Both Seabrook and Brouwer brought the cup back to the Vancouver area last year, and people loved it.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

49, his own mother says it's because of some Canucks fans. I'm as much a citizen of this town as you are, and I just don't get how you can keep defending it. This is absolutely shameful. It makes me embarrassed to be a Vancouverite.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

This is the stupidist thing I've ever heard.
    Can't believe the Nuckers are still going all Habesque on this.
    Grow up children.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

What a bunch of frustrated fans ....what a city of LOSERS ...I cant believe it ..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]OK, I've looked at all the local news about Lucic's day with the Cup, and I don't see anything about "security issues".  I read that he's having a "private function", because so many friends and relatives are flying in from all over the continent, but not a word about worries about bitter Canuck fans.  There's quite a bit of affection for Lucic here;  he's a local boy, played his junior hockey in Vancouver, so I don't really think there's a lot of enmity towards him. In fact, if there was a public event, I'd probably go, and congratulate a local boy on winning the Cup.  Both Seabrook and Brouwer brought the cup back to the Vancouver area last year, and people loved it.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Other than the link Huntbri posted, here's another one for you... as it seems you're having "trouble" finding anything on this.

Any comments?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

If it's true, it disappoints me deeply.

So, here is yet another time (the first was the the riot) when I am ashamed to be associated with these terrible "fans". 

As I noted in a previous post, there are good fans and bad fans in every city.  The more passionate the fans, the more extreme the behaviour, or so it seems.  However, no matter how passionate you are, I can't see how attempting to ruin Lucic's day with the Cup in his hometown could be justified.  I mean, if the situation were reversed, I would hope that Bruins fans in Marblehead would let Cory Schneider have his day with the Cup in peace.

Stupid fans need to get over it, and start looking forward to next season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : Other than the link Huntbri posted, here's another one for you... as it seems you're having "trouble" finding anything on this. http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Did-Vancouver-fans-discourage-Milan-Lucic-8217-?urn=nhl-wp10466&utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral Any comments?
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Ron, in my experience, it's incredibly hard to find something when I absolutely refuse to look for it..........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Source:  Bleacher Report"

That's not good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : Other than the link Huntbri posted, here's another one for you... as it seems you're having "trouble" finding anything on this. http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Did-Vancouver-fans-discourage-Milan-Lucic-8217-?urn=nhl-wp10466&utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral Any comments?
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]
    What a pathetic display. The Nuck fans behave just like their hockey heroes, poor sports till the end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]"Source:  Bleacher Report" That's not good.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Well here's a more respectable source - actual journalists.

http://www.vancourier.com/sports/Jock+Jill+Lucic+likely+keep+Stanley+behind+closed+doors/5232063/story.html