Damn Canucks fans...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Re: Damn Canucks fans...

In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans...:
    [QUOTE] If I were the City police, I would have plenty of horses and dogs out when the potential for trouble occurs next time, 'cause from what I heard, the unruly crowds did NOT like the prospect of being bitten by a german shepherd.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Ya - they seemed to take the approach that they had at the olympics and it didn't work. Horses, clubs and water cannons until people learn that they can't get away with that crap anymore.
    I had hoped that the Giants were going to do something in conjunction w/ Lucic out in South Delta where he went to school- or at the Coliseum. No such luck unfortunately. It really is sad since fans have waited so long for this. I watched Bobby Orr play but I remember the suffering without cups  more- especially the years since the late 80's when I became obsessed(living in Montreal as a Bruins fan does that) This feels more like my team 'cause I watched the guys like Bergy develop- after the Bourque era. I wish Lucic could have opened the celebration up more but I get that he doesn't want it to look like he's rubbing the Canuck's fans noses in it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

lucic should have his cup day here in boston instead of that wilderness wild fronteer town in vancover cant the police control the people there maybe lock up there dog sleds to keep them out of the city lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]NAS to your three ponits, my neighbour said that as a joke mainly and I thought it was funny, which is why I shared it. I don't think he was serious. Since the end of the finals, I have been physically threatened three times due to wearing a Bruins jeresey or having my number 8 necklace on, and accosted once (said necklace being ripped off my neck - charges are laid, the court date is pending) And I can agree with you and 49 - just an idea we had, and wanted some opinions on it. All this said, I  got to see the Cup today and had a pint with Looch through happy circumstance. I'll give the full story in the morning when I'm more sober ;)
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Now that is cool.  I can't wait to hear about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : 49, his own mother says it's because of some Canucks fans. I'm as much a citizen of this town as you are, and I just don't get how you can keep defending it. This is absolutely shameful. It makes me embarrassed to be a Vancouverite.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

People in your area are just to stiff. You should be embarrassed. All this over a sport that should be enjoyed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I was re-living some classic utube B's tribute videos last night when I stumblled across a few Vancouver riot videos.  The next thing I knew it was 1:30am and I was still sitting their stunned.  I saw a few news clips and pics but never really sought out actual homemade video of this stupidity.

What an embarrassment to the human race.....over a hockey game?  Video after video of mass violence and fans (in Nuck jerseys of all styles) literally knocking each other out cold. 

I mean really....A giant East Indian dude in a Sedin jersey sucker punches a smallish dude wearing a retro Bure jersey.  I heard of the property destruction and looting but had no idea these fans of the same team started to turn on each other the way they did.

For these actions, I think the Hockey Gods (and after the 2010-2011 season, I was reborn and now have a new faith in these Gods!!!), will strike down on these losers with a sweet curse leaving them out of the final for the rest of the teams existence.

Any names for this curse?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]I was re-living some classic utube B's tribute videos last night when I stumblled across a few Vancouver riot videos.  The next thing I knew it was 1:30am and I was still sitting their stunned.  I saw a few news clips and pics but never really sought out actual homemade video of this stupidity. What an embarrassment to the human race.....over a hockey game?  Video after video of mass violence and fans (in Nuck jerseys of all styles) literally knocking each other out cold.  I mean really....A giant East Indian dude in a Sedin jersey sucker punches a smallish dude wearing a retro Bure jersey.  I heard of the property destruction and looting but had no idea these fans of the same team started to turn on each other the way they did. For these actions, I think the Hockey Gods (and after the 2010-2011 season, I was reborn and now have a new faith in these Gods!!!), will strike down on these losers with a sweet curse leaving them out of the final for the rest of the teams existence. Any names for this curse?
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

How about "the curse of the swan dive sisters"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The Curse of "just a few individuals?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

"The Biting Curse"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : Not sure, my brother has the tickets, but if you see a 5'8 redhead in a Dieter Brock jersey, that's me. I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one ;)
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
      Dieter Brock....I'm a diehard bruins fan but also a diehard rams fan...a blast from the past when Dieter Brock played qb for one year with the then Los Angeles Rams...the memories

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

[QUOTE]The Curse of "just a few individuals?"
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

A few?  Not in the videos I was watching.  Hundreds...if not thousands of people were particiating in unlawful acts.  Chanting "burn that car" to me is just as bad as lighting it on fire.  This gathering turned into a unlawful mob and perhaps a "few" were responsible for instigating it, but allot more joined in as participants.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I feel like for some odd reason I am sticking up for Vancouver, but I have read a bunch of articles/posts about this now, and I have to say that the overwhelming majority of Canuck fans seem to be showing total disgust and shame over the Lucic situation (as they should).  As much as I think that fanbase acted very, very poorly, I am also inclined to sympathize with the passionate but decent fans that likely make up 80%-90% of the whole.  I recall Lucic's loud standing ovation when he received the Cup on the ice. The comments and feedback in Vancouver appear (to me) to be almost exclusively critical of people who can't appreciate the Stanley Cup being showcased by a home-town boy. It's a bad situation for Lucic and for the many intelligent and decent hockey fans in Vancouver.  Too bad the idiotic minority can hijack the reputation of any city. I would love to see Lucic say 'f**k it', I'm taking it where I want to go, and I suspect the good fans would keep any hoodlums in line anyhow.  It sounds like Vancouver is in a very vigilante-type mood right now towards trouble-makers.  I think the next punk trying to start a riot is going to be pummeled by the fans who have had enough with that.  I would hope anyhow.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

There won't be too many vigilantes if some idiot brings a gun. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... :   Dieter Brock....I'm a diehard bruins fan but also a diehard rams fan...a blast from the past when Dieter Brock played qb for one year with the then Los Angeles Rams...the memories
    Posted by rochesternybruinfan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like Flutie he finally got a real shot in the NFL too latein his career.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Every 10 minutes in USA a child is missing and killed.....nothing to be proud here...! better look in or own yard ...
    Posted by CactusTonyo[/QUOTE]
    ....and you're an idiot every minute. What's your point Arsehole?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

hey CT troll, what is your take on the death trap called the bell centre?
    I mean those stantions are clearly a health and safety factor!

The Bruins are the 2011 Stanely Cup Champs.  You can't handle this truth!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

blah blah blah

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]What??? i'm an a**hole cuz i'm saying the truth ! ?
    That's certainly not the reason.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Every 10 minutes in USA a child is missing and killed.....nothing to be proud here...! better look in our own yard ...

You're just the lowest form of life here.  That's quite a segue to use in propping your self-righteousness on the backs of dead children.  As usual, no class, and nothing intelligent to say.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Now this is a well built and very safe stanchion CT.  This padding clearly passes the "Bruin belting you into it" test.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Every 10 minutes in USA a child is missing and killed.....nothing to be proud here...! better look in our own yard ...

The Habs lost to the Bruins.

Taste it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinfan01. Show bruinfan01's posts

but he can't look in our yard. his head is too busy being up his rear end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : The Habs lost to the Bruins. Taste it.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE

poor them! am i supposed to care? sorry I don't...ask someone else

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : The Habs lost to the Bruins. Taste it. Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE poor them! am i supposed to care? sorry I don't...ask someone else

Or you can go somewhere else! I can easily think of a few places....!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : The Habs lost to the Bruins. Taste it. Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE poor them! am i supposed to care? sorry I don't...ask someone else

I know you care.  That's why I'm laughing at you.

Even teasing people about dead children, can't change the scorebaord.  Sorry about your Habs.  Don't be so bitter...heh heh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : I know you care.  That's why I'm laughing at you. Even teasing people about dead children, can't change the scorebaord.  Sorry about your Habs.  Don't be so bitter...heh heh.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch, did you mean bitter or did you mean biter?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

heh heh  you're still wrong Tongue out