Damn Canucks fans...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Damn Canucks fans...

In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans...:[QUOTE] So, here is yet another time (the first was the the riot) when I am ashamed to be associated with these terrible "fans".  As I noted in a previous post, there are good fans and bad fans in every city. no matter how passionate you are, I can't see how attempting to ruin Lucic's day with the Cup in his hometown could be justified.  I mean, if the situation were reversed, I would hope that Bruins fans in Marblehead would let Cory Schneider have his day with the Cup in peace. Stupid fans need to get over it, and start looking forward to next season.Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I think a little bit has to do with that Canuck fans don't have any other sports teams to root for as some major US cities have so they are locked into one and Vancouver fans are younger in a sense that don't have the years n years of generations where they are used losing a bit or the reverse winning allot (until recently).

It's lame if it is true but Vancouver fans don't even come close to being as bad as Philadelphia fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : Yeah Ron, in my experience, it's incredibly hard to find something when I absolutely refuse to look for it..........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point, Dez.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]"Source:  Bleacher Report" That's not good.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

So what about the 2 other links posted in this thread, NAS? Are THEY reliable???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Since me & 49 have buried the hatchet; I'll reserve judgment until someone like Bob McKenzie, or Darren Dreger confirms it. For now I'm biting my tongue........REALLY HARD!!!Sealed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]If it's true, it disappoints me deeply. So, here is yet another time (the first was the the riot) when I am ashamed to be associated with these terrible "fans".  As I noted in a previous post, there are good fans and bad fans in every city.  The more passionate the fans, the more extreme the behaviour, or so it seems.  However, no matter how passionate you are, I can't see how attempting to ruin Lucic's day with the Cup in his hometown could be justified.  I mean, if the situation were reversed, I would hope that Bruins fans in Marblehead would let Cory Schneider have his day with the Cup in peace. Stupid fans need to get over it, and start looking forward to next season.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that there are a lot more bad fans in Vancouver than good? Because I truly have trouble imagining how such a "small minority of fans" (as many Canuck fans claim) can disrupt so much. First the riots, now this. Seems like a lot a damage for a minority of fans.

Cup was in the Toronto area for about a week. No such incident was even close to happening. And seems to me, there's a much bigger rivalry between the Leafs & the B's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well the story has now been picked up by Vancouver's top newspaper
    http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Some+Canucks+fans+still+bitter+Bruins+Milan+Lucic+keeps+Vancouver/5242625/story.html
    And Fox News
    http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/08/10/bostons-milan-lucic-to-host-stanley-cup-at-private-vancouver-event/
    And NESN
    http://www.nesn.com/2011/08/report-milan-lucics-day-with-stanley-cup-in-vancouver-to-be-low-key-as-tension-remains-in-city.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well found a way to see the cup this weekend - Cam's having a public function at the Cam Neely Arena in Maple Ridge. Bit of a drive, but worth it :).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

OK! I've seen enough. 49? Seriously; Do you still consider the Canucks "Canada's Team" NOW! Is this how Canadians treat other Canadians; or worse yet a hometown BC Canadian? Can you not understand why this whole Canada's Team stuff got to me so much! The trash talk of your players; the fans & the Media! All so pro-Vancouver it would make any fan of an opposing team froth at the mouth. That is why I came down on you so hard! I'm just tired of all this garbage!

Honestly during this season I actually praised the Vancouver fans & said how cool they were when I went to a couple of B's games there. They hi-fived my wife & I a bunch of times even though TT shut them out & Lucic had 11 hits! I said the Flames fans were so awful for even picking on a 6yr old boy; because he was wearing a Thomas jersey! Now the Canuck fans are picking on the elderly (Lucic's grandparents) & showing up at Stanley Cup functions & causing fights. All this on top of the riots! Canada's Team? We're known across the planet for our kindness & hospitality & here's a real hard statement to say now. A PEACEFUL COUNTRY!!
    Yea; with PQ & BC acting this way it certainly looks like it doesn't it!

Oh BTW- This doesn't change my apology from earlier. I am not saying this to argue. I am saying this because I want you to see where I'm coming from with my hostility & why. So I want you to know I'm not taking back my statement from the earlier thread. Oh yea. I know you said b4 how you dislike the whole Canada's Team thing. I get that; but a LOT of others really jumped on that bandwagon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : I think a little bit has to do with that Canuck fans don't have any other sports teams to root for as some major US cities have so they are locked into one and Vancouver fans are younger in a sense that don't have the years n years of generations where they are used losing a bit or the reverse winning allot (until recently). It's lame if it is true but Vancouver fans don't even come close to being as bad as Philadelphia fans.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Sandog? Callers from Carolina that are Hurricane fans; absolutely detest Saber fans. I guess there was a lot fights happening at the Canes tailgate parties & stuff in the stands. This all happened during the 06 play-offs. They say Saber fans are the worst fans they've ever seen! I went to a game at the Aud yrs ago & had a pretty good time. I was wearing my B's garb & nobody said anything derogatory. That was regular season; but still it was an Adams Division rival.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yukamatta409. Show yukamatta409's posts

[QUOTE]The Team's been talking about it - saying they have not received official confirmation but that sources have said the reason Lucic is the ONLY Bruin not to have any public function is because of Canucks fans. That said, got a call from my brother - looks like the Function will be at the Portuguese club, which is about four blocks from my house. I may just put my jersey on, and go early and stand in front, and hopefully be able to see it as it's brought in.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

does the portuguese club have fire insurance red? be carefull i heard 49 and his buddys are going by there to have some MOLOTOV COCKTAILS!!!

just like this!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

http://www.vancourier.com/sports/Jock+Jill/5232063/story.html

This is all so sad. It's not surprising to me that Bruins Cup appearances in Toronto, Ottawa or, gulp, Montreal will all go smoothly. It's easier to sit back and respect the accomplishment of your homegrown players when it wasn't your team they beat in the Finals to win it. I'm sure there's a lot of bitterness in VAN, so some small part of this is understandable.

But seriously. Canucks fans. You're ruining a fine city. At least we're staring to see a bit of acceptance among the population. For the longest time, it was excuses that the rioters weren't real hockey fans, and it was a tiny minority causing the issues. But recently, seems like folks are understanding that there's a serious anger problem with their hockey team, and that perhaps it's not a healthy obsession.

One of your own has reached the very top of his career. Public leaders need to shout from the mountaintop to stop the madness, grow up, give the guy some love and everyone move on.

Best thing that could happen would be someone from the Canucks organization to step up and bring some sanity to the situation. Maybe fellow BC guy Hamhuis could get on the airwaves and tell everyone to grow up.

This sounds weird, but I actually feel bad for the Canucks players. I still loathe the team on the ice, but I can't imagine how miserable it would be to play in front of a fan base that's so insidious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Red, maybe a call to Lucic's agent would be a good step....I'm sure there's been a strong response from fans wanting to celebrate the Cup w/ him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Wow, such venom and bitterness by Canucks fans - some of these commenters to this article say it all...

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Some+Canucks+fans+still+bitter+Bruins+Milan+Lucic+keeps+Vancouver/5242625/story.html

The NHL puts a happy shine on things, of course...lol

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=569723

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

[QUOTE]If it's true, it disappoints me deeply. So, here is yet another time (the first was the the riot) when I am ashamed to be associated with these terrible "fans".  As I noted in a previous post, there are good fans and bad fans in every city.  The more passionate the fans, the more extreme the behaviour, or so it seems.  However, no matter how passionate you are, I can't see how attempting to ruin Lucic's day with the Cup in his hometown could be justified.  I mean, if the situation were reversed, I would hope that Bruins fans in Marblehead would let Cory Schneider have his day with the Cup in peace. Stupid fans need to get over it, and start looking forward to next season.

Bruins fans from around the entire state would be flocking to wherever Cory Schneider was going to be with the Cup had the Canucks won. Don't even try to compare us to the sore losers up your way or think we would react even in the slightest bit similarly as your own residents have. Cory is "our boy", grew up here & played his college hockey here. He is "ours" and always will be, no matter who he plays for.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, such venom and bitterness by Canucks fans - some of these commenters to this article say it all... http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Some+Canucks+fans+still+bitter+Bruins+Milan+Lucic+keeps+Vancouver/5242625/story.html The NHL puts a happy shine on things, of course...lol http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=569723
    Posted by gardenbees[/QUOTE]

I didn't see many commenters that were all that over-the-top.  The vast majority sound embarrassed that Lucic can't be celebrated for his accomplishment and that the Canucks' fans embarrassed the city with the riots.

There's one poster (Kwame?) who posts over and over and over about "wwf on ice" and that the games are fixed and not fair like soccer (LOL), but his rantings are easily dismissed.  One other guy mentioned a long list of Bruin induced criminal life threatening injuries and that the B's would only be remembered by thuggery.  He was pretty funny.  Not much other than those 2.

Writer sounded pretty embarrassed, too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : does the portuguese club have fire insurance red? be carefull i heard 49 and his buddys are going by there to have some MOLOTOV COCKTAILS!!! just like this!!!
    Posted by yukamatta409[/QUOTE]

right click, copy, save... forever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This is starting to get some public attention here now. I'm happy to say that most comments I've heard are feelings of embarrassment, though I got into an argument last night with four Canucks fans who felt that Lucic and his family should move from Vancouver. I had to get up and walk away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I feel like for some odd reason I am sticking up for Vancouver, but I have read a bunch of articles/posts about this now, and I have to say that the overwhelming majority of Canuck fans seem to be showing total disgust and shame over the Lucic situation (as they should).  As much as I think that fanbase acted very, very poorly, I am also inclined to sympathize with the passionate but decent fans that likely make up 80%-90% of the whole.  I recall Lucic's loud standing ovation when he received the Cup on the ice.

The comments and feedback in Vancouver appear (to me) to be almost exclusively critical of people who can't appreciate the Stanley Cup being showcased by a home-town boy.

It's a bad situation for Lucic and for the many intelligent and decent hockey fans in Vancouver.  Too bad the idiotic minority can hijack the reputation of any city.

I would love to see Lucic say 'f**k it', I'm taking it where I want to go, and I suspect the good fans would keep any hoodlums in line anyhow.  It sounds like Vancouver is in a very vigilante-type mood right now towards trouble-makers.  I think the next punk trying to start a riot is going to be pummeled by the fans who have had enough with that.  I would hope anyhow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'd have to agree Fletch. I think most people in town are on their last nerve in regards to hooligans. I think that's why there was a brawl at that street fest Lucic went to - some folks being jack*sses, and the average folks around him not putting up with it anymore. My neighbour is a huge (both figuratively and literally - he's gotta be close to 6'8) Canucks fan, and he told me if I can figure out a way to see it, he'll go with me and pound the crap out of anyone who causes a problem.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

A feeding-bottle with that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

[QUOTE]A feeding-bottle with that?
    Posted by CactusTonyo[/QUOTE]

You have extras, crybaby?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Iwow what a great picture. Two true power forwards
    Both score, pass, hit and fight!!!n Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans...:
    [QUOTE]What a bunch of frustrated fans ....what a city of LOSERS ...I cant believe it .. Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

For the record, I've never said that the Canucks are "Canada's Team".  I would never say that, because I really don't care whether or not fans in other parts of Canada support the Canucks, or the Sharks, or the Bruins, for that matter.  I'm a Canucks fan, and have been one for 40 years, and that's all I really care about. 

I think Vancouver fans are passionate, but unfortunately, there are a lot of really stupid people also claiming to be Canuck fans.  I regret having to be associated in any way, shape or form, with rioters and people who intend on ruining Lucic's Day With The Cup.  That crosses the line of acceptable behaviour by a long, long way. Unfortunately, it's easy to lump all of us together as idiots, due to the high profile stupidity of a few.

I would hope that, based upon what I've posted here on a regular basis, that I am not being lumped in with "those so-called fans". 

Even though it appears that there are a significant number of low-IQ fans (and not just an isolated handful), I think I'm safe in saying that they are still vastly outnumbered by the "silent majority" of "normal" fans.

I hope Lucic doesn't think that the stupid remarks or actions of a few bitter, obsessed people represent the views of the overall pool of Vancouver hockey fans, who are proud of his achievements (and we wish we had drafted him).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]For the record, I've never said that the Canucks are "Canada's Team".  I would never say that, because I really don't care whether or not fans in other parts of Canada support the Canucks, or the Sharks, or the Bruins, for that matter.  I'm a Canucks fan, and have been one for 40 years, and that's all I really care about.  I think Vancouver fans are passionate, but unfortunately, there are a lot of really stupid people also claiming to be Canuck fans.  I regret having to be associated in any way, shape or form, with rioters and people who intend on ruining Lucic's Day With The Cup.  That crosses the line of acceptable behaviour by a long, long way. Unfortunately, it's easy to lump all of us together as idiots, due to the high profile stupidity of a few. I would hope that, based upon what I've posted here on a regular basis, that I am not being lumped in with "those so-called fans".  Even though it appears that there are a significant number of low-IQ fans (and not just an isolated handful), I think I'm safe in saying that they are still vastly outnumbered by the "silent majority" of "normal" fans. I hope Lucic doesn't think that the stupid remarks or actions of a few bitter, obsessed people represent the views of the overall pool of Vancouver hockey fans, who are proud of his achievements (and we wish we had drafted him).

49, truth be told I just want things to go back to normal again. I'm just so tired of having to watch what I say or wear in public in regards to hockey. And most of the Canucks fans I know are sick of it too. This thing with Looch is the last straw for me. So tired of dealing with this crap, and I'm tired of it being a topic of conversation for every hockey fan and pundit. I know most Canucks fans are embarrassed by it, but that doesn't make it go away. Maybe this will get put behind us once the puck drops. God I hope so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Damn Canucks fans... : 49, truth be told I just want things to go back to normal again. I'm just so tired of having to watch what I say or wear in public in regards to hockey. And most of the Canucks fans I know are sick of it too. This thing with Looch is the last straw for me. So tired of dealing with this crap, and I'm tired of it being a topic of conversation for every hockey fan and pundit. I know most Canucks fans are embarrassed by it, but that doesn't make it go away. Maybe this will get put behind us once the puck drops. God I hope so.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

put behind until the next time the Vancouver canucks lose again in embarrassing fashion or to a supposed underdog. unfortunately red i think your just living in place were hockey is all they people of British Columbia have! especially since the Vancouver grizzlies left town for new Orleans! ok maybe not so much but u get my point. living here in boston its just on to the sox , pats , or celtics. now of course my true fandom is for the bruins but boston fans have other sports to occupy our time til the next bruins season starts. were u are not really they will just continue to be aholes!

Sections
Shortcuts