Danny Briere Fist Pump

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Danny Briere Fist Pump

say what you will...but... i would take briere in a second, the guy is a finisher. as for savvy, i noticed the same thing.  the guy has the wrong attitude for this team. he's a whiner who thinks he s*** doesn't stink. this bruins team seems like a "lunch pail" team - who goes to work - 7 goals last nite 7 different scorers, 13 players with points. savard loks like he's trying to make sportcenters top ten every nite- looks to make the most difficult pass on the ice instead of the best pass. he needs to get off his high horse and join the TEAM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Daniellle Briere- I feel like I want to punch him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I laughed at the OP's first sentence. I hate that fist pump. I bet they hate it even more in Buffalo...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

He is a little snot. Perfect Flyer, I hope buffalo is enjoying Jochen Hecht...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

Say what you will about Savy's whining, but to me he's looking better and better. Not where he used to be, but the passes are coming. And as far as not belonging on this team because it is a "lunch pail" group? Come on, Craig Janney and Cam Neely were on the same team. Janney's hardly a lunch pailer and he fit right in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It is what it is.

As long as he doesn't fist pump the same we when he scored that lucky 3rd goal in game7 .

As for Savvy there's a reason he's not liked in the NHL,  he does mouth off .
    As long as he's on my team and gets along with his teammates I don't care.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Briere Fist Pump:
    [QUOTE]He is a little snot. Perfect Flyer, I hope buffalo is enjoying Jochen Hecht...
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    Remember Brian Propp....when ever he would score..he would take a glove off and make this gesture with his hand like....up yours. He did that in the playoffs against Montreal....and Chris Chelios didn't take to kindly to Propp's over zealous celebration...and laid a strategically placed cross check on Propp's smile....thus ending his night.......I hate the Flyers!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonrob13. Show bostonrob13's posts

I noticed Savard got tossed out once or twice last night, but only saw him get mad on the third time. I think he had reson to be mad too because there was a lot more movement from the Flyers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would also take Briere on the Bruins as well but just at not the price Holmgren signed him for so I must continue to hate that little squirt!

I have a problem with linesman who throw players out of the faceoff circle it's nothing more than a powertrip DROP THE F****** PUCK!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkrsmark77. Show mkrsmark77's posts

Briere had 2 even strength points and was still a -3...thanks, Danny!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwp5388. Show wwp5388's posts

haha i'm glad other people find that fist pump he does sickening. He does it on every single goal and it just infuriates me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

[QUOTE]I noticed Savard got tossed out once or twice last night, but only saw him get mad on the third time. I think he had reson to be mad too because there was a lot more movement from the Flyers.
    Posted by bostonrob13[/QUOTE]

No way.  Its more than just complaining.  Its his body language.  He just stands upright, drops his shoulders, and doesn't move.  Every other centerman immediately exits the dot.  He's trying to show up the ref by delaying the game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Marc Savard was on ANY other team, he'd be my least favorite player in the NHL.  (dropping Briere to 2nd most hated)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Is it just me or are the same people that say that we should have kept Kessel because his attitude wasn't that big of problem are the same people that are ripping on Savard?
    The team doesn't have an issue with Savvy. He's well liked and vocal, and he does his job. He's just starting to round himself back into shape the past few games and has looked dangerous... making our team far less predictable. Look at that Chara PP goal... only Savy pulls off that fake to set up that pass.
    Unless he is a problem for the team, I'm happy with him. He might be a bit of a whiner, agreed. He milks some calls which I don't like. But so does Crosby. I'll take both of them any day.
    Also, who cares about the fist-pump? You don't do it because you are psyched about producing a result for your team... it's emotion. You're not doing it as a signal to people so they know you did something amazing. Get over it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

[QUOTE]Is it just me or are the same people that say that we should have kept Kessel because his attitude wasn't that big of problem are the same people that are ripping on Savard? The team doesn't have an issue with Savvy. He's well liked and vocal, and he does his job. He's just starting to round himself back into shape the past few games and has looked dangerous... making our team far less predictable. Look at that Chara PP goal... only Savy pulls off that fake to set up that pass. Unless he is a problem for the team, I'm happy with him. He might be a bit of a whiner, agreed. He milks some calls which I don't like. But so does Crosby. I'll take both of them any day. Also, who cares about the fist-pump? You don't do it because you are psyched about producing a result for your team... it's emotion. You're not doing it as a signal to people so they know you did something amazing. Get over it.
    Posted by Tommy617[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between Kessel's attitude towards buying into the Bruins system of play and Savard's whiny hissy fits.

I never said I want Savard gone.  I fully appreciate the unique dynamic that he brings to the Bruins offense.  But that doesn't mean I should have to stomach his prima donna act and b****y attitude.  If you can prove to me that Savard needs to act like an embarrassment on the ice in order for him to play as well as he does, then I'll stop.  But I just don't think there's any excuse for chirping the way he does at the refs.

And, I'm not going to get into an argument over the detailed specifics of Danny Briere's fistpump.  But if you don't find him to be the most obnoxious little sh*t, then I have to ask you if you're even watching.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Briere... the guy is 5'6" and acts like he is 6'5".. and for some reason he gets that sort of respect! Someone needs to absolutely plant this guy into the 3rd row immediately

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I hate Briere too.  He fist-pumps even if his team is down 5-0 with 2 minutes to go.  Its like his calling card.  He cant NOT do it.  He is a POS.  Low class, no character.  I wish somone would completely level him.  He is a player I would NEVER want to play for the Bruins. 

Savards always been a rat, no news there.  He has definitely cleaned up his act since coming to Boston, but I disagree with showing up the linesman at the puck drop.  The GD idiots TRY to get players to jump.  When they get their sticks down, DROP THE F U C K I N' PUCK JACKNUT!  I HATE how they stand there waiting for someone to move.  Its like the only exciting part of their job so they take it too far.  I HATE when they do that.  Its even worse when you see them toss 2 3 guys in a row and the crowd is booing like crazy, then when the 4th guy comes in they throw it down as fast as they can.  JACKAZZES of the first degree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Is it just me or are the same people that say that we should have kept Kessel because his attitude wasn't that big of problem are the same people that are ripping on Savard? The team doesn't have an issue with Savvy. He's well liked and vocal, and he does his job. He's just starting to round himself back into shape the past few games and has looked dangerous... making our team far less predictable. Look at that Chara PP goal... only Savy pulls off that fake to set up that pass. Unless he is a problem for the team, I'm happy with him. He might be a bit of a whiner, agreed. He milks some calls which I don't like. But so does Crosby. I'll take both of them any day. Also, who cares about the fist-pump? You don't do it because you are psyched about producing a result for your team... it's emotion. You're not doing it as a signal to people so they know you did something amazing. Get over it.
    Posted by Tommy617[/QUOTE]
    I don't have a problem with Briere's fist pump....however some players do cross the line, IMO, Propp was one , and as much as I like Teemu Selanne..when he first came into the league, he was doing some over the top stuff! Back in the day...that kind of stuff was never tolerated. Things have changed since then. and this kind of over exuberance is now just the norm. Gone are the days of Orr....where he was almost embarrassed, and usually hung his head as he skated back to the bench. There are guy's that are classy, and there are guys that aren't......no biggie

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i don't think savard helps the b's when it comes to officiating...believe me the more he chirps the fewer calls the b's get during the game. it does not help them.most officials as we know are on a power trip...to question them in any way is at your own peril. its like being a jerk to your server at a restaurant...not a good idea ,if you know what i mean

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Briere Fist Pump : I don't have a problem with Briere's fist pump....however some players do cross the line, IMO, Propp was one , and as much as I like Teemu Selanne..when he first came into the league, he was doing some over the top stuff! Back in the day...that kind of stuff was never tolerated. Things have changed since then. and this kind of over exuberance is now just the norm. Gone are the days of Orr....where he was almost embarrassed, and usually hung his head as he skated back to the bench. There are guy's that are classy, and there are guys that aren't......no biggie
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

No one will ever be worse than Theo Fleury. He'd either try to jump right over the glass, or slide half the length of the ice on his knees.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Briere has more points than any other Bruin. He could fist pump if he so chooses

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Briere has more points than any other Bruin. He could fist pump if he so chooses
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    So what if he does...Bruins won last night , that's all that matters to me . Unless Danny Briere plays for the Bruins..if couldn't give 2 $hit$ how many points he has!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Briere is a whiney little punk . Hated him on the Sabres & hate him even more on the Flyers. He will do that stupid fist pump in front of the wrong player or goalie one time & will get his. Hopefully a face plant into the glass.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts