Danny Briere

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Danny Briere

Last night on TSN, there hockey panel were talking and Daren Dreiger mentioned that he heard Philly was going to buy out Danny Briere.

I've always liked him and thought he never did fully flurish in Philly to his talent. I'm thinking he would be a nice fit if the price was right. I wonder what salary he would get at this point ? He could be a real good #3 or even #4  ( Pallie, Campbell & Briere).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Re: Danny Briere

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Last night on TSN, there hockey panel were talking and Daren Dreiger mentioned that he heard Philly was going to buy out Danny Briere.

I've always liked him and thought he never did fully flurish in Philly to his talent. I'm thinking he would be a nice fit if the price was right. I wonder what salary he would get at this point ? He could be a real good #3 or even #4  ( Pallie, Campbell & Briere).

Incredible Playoff performer. 

108 Games - 50 Goals, 59 Assists 109pts., -9.

More than a Pt per game player. How many of those are there around?

The -9 is really bad considering his point production. Love to have him for the PP, but don't know if he'd fit in Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

He's just 2 or 3 seasons removed from having a 68 point season, i dont think itd be worth signing him if we were just gonna put him with Campbell and Paille on the 4th line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'd rather they find a way to re-sign Horton who's a plus player & see what Sod can do during a full season before worrying about making any other adjustements. I also want to see some of the kids get a better look. Like a Spooner & Koko. This team is the beast of the East & it's meant to be tinkered with. Not realigned. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Briere on the third or fourth line.

Yeah.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I read somewhere that his ex and kids live in Philly, so I would not be surprized if he doesn't sign a sweetheart deal with Pittsburgh.

That way, he gets to stay near his kids, and gets to play on a Stanley cup contender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Briere could be a bargain because he might be looking more to join a team with a good shot at the cup rather than just going for the money....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Guys, they play hockey for MONEY.  Outside of Paul Kariya in 2003, there aren't too many examples of players giving away money for glory or family.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

If bought out, Briere would be getting about $800 000 from the Flyers each year for the next four years.  That could lead him to sign for less money than one would otherwise expect.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Guys, they play hockey for MONEY.  Outside of Paul Kariya in 2003, there aren't too many examples of players giving away money for glory or family.

maybe Briere's one of those guys....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Briere on the third or fourth line.

Yeah.

All day!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

If bought out, Briere would be getting about $800 000 from the Flyers each year for the next four years.  That could lead him to sign for less money than one would otherwise expect.

i thought a player would receive his full salary even if bought out....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Why would he?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Phil Esposito

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

@d-o-O: As far as I can tell, Compliance Buyouts give the same value (1/3 or 2/3 of remaining money) as Ordinary Course Buyouts.

@NAS: I think the teams that would court him will come in lower than what would be the normal market for a player of his caliber because they know he's already taking in that salary.

Souray is the closest I can find to a precedent for this though, and in his case poor performance is likely most of the drop in his salary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

[QUOTE]

Phil Esposito

[/QUOTE]

I don't know too much about Espo signing for less to stay with a team or for his family.

Can you elaborate?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Guys, I KNOW what motivates ALL players, and your OPINION about someone maybe NOT following that pattern is therefore STUPID.

sHEESh, bro. you are OBNOXIOUS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

i do not see it happening.

At the beggining of the season there are to many other options to explore. If they are in need they can find something at the deadline simular to what he could offer.

Sections
Shortcuts