Datsyuk, Logan Couture and Slava Voynov all get contract extensions.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Datsyuk, Logan Couture and Slava Voynov all get contract extensions.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425742

"new five-year, $30 million contract extension with Logan Couture. TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reports that the deal has an average annual value of $6 million per year."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/slava-voynov-la-kings-agree-six-contract-extension-204508403.html

"$25 million over six years"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pavel-datsyuk-red-wings-agree-154755241--nhl.html

Detroit Red Wings accomplished their No. 1 goal of the offseason Tuesday by agreeing to a $22.5 million, three-year deal with Pavel Datsyuk."

Money flying everywhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Datsyuk, Logan Couture and Slava Voynov all get contract extensions.

Connor Mellas - NHL.com Staff Writer

"Fresh off winning the 2012-13 Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award, Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson faces an uncertain hockey future. Meanwhile, his general manager waits for the news of whether the long-time captain plans to return for another season.

"We have talked, I've talked to Alfie in the past couple of days," Senators GM Bryan Murray said at a press conference Tuesday announcing the renaming of the team's arena as the Canadian Tire Centre. "I told him to take whatever time he needs and come back to me when you can -- as early as you can, that would help me -- but do whatever you have to do to satisfy your family to make sure you're ready to play."

Alfredsson, 40, has played 1,178 games for the Senators, scoring 426 goals and recording 682 assists for 1,108 points. In the 2012-13 season, Alfredsson recorded 10 goals and 16 assists in 47 regular season games, and added another four goals and six assists in 10 Stanley Cup Playoff games."

I say Alfredsson comes back as his team could make a deep run with the right pieces next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Voynov is awesome.  I watched him play for Manchester a lot and we always wondered why he wasn't called up.  This was never the case with Thomas Hickey, because, you know, he sucks.

In order for a team to win the Cup, all things must be juuuuust right.   One slight change and the whole story can be different.  We watched the B's win the Cup in '11 and they're two wins away right now.  Logan Couture signs and earned contract that will pay him top forward money because he's a top forward.  The player drafted one slot before him?  Zach Hamil.  Blah.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

I gotta admit I look forward to seeing Datsyuk more next year with the Wings in our division now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Can't find much fault in any of these signings.

Call me crazy, but lookoing at this it reminds me that I don't think there's going to be a huge market for Horton. Too many mid-tier second line guys like Voynov, Dupuis, Clarkson, Jagr, Boyes, Ryder, Brunner, Clowe, etc out there and I'm not sure with the cap how many teams have the $$ to spend on a high-risk, high-reward guy like Horton. I know he's a better player than most of these guys, but why pay $5-6mil for Horton when you can get Voynov or Clarkson or Dupuis for less?

I wonder if there's a way to continue with Horton at $4mil. PC should let him go out there and try to find a deal, but have a low-ball offer ready.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I know he's a better player than most of these guys, but why pay $5-6mil for Horton when you can get Voynov or Clarkson or Dupuis for less?

A career defenseman, I'm not too sure about Voynov on the wing.  LOLOLOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

[QUOTE]

I know he's a better player than most of these guys, but why pay $5-6mil for Horton when you can get Voynov or Clarkson or Dupuis for less?

A career defenseman, I'm not too sure about Voynov on the wing.  LOLOLOL

[/QUOTE]

Too funny!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Talking about value, not position. Could've added Streit to the list just as easy. C'mon now. Don't make me come over there.