Datsyuk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Datsyuk

http://nesn.com/2013/02/pavel-datsyuk-skates-over-under-around-every-member-of-predators-to-score-goal-video   Amazing player... unreal skill , wish he was a Bruin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Datsyuk

Been my favorite non-Bruin for a long long long time. That deke he put on Turco and the one he put on Niemi? Just plain filthy. It's just not even fair.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Been my favorite non-Bruin for a long long long time. That deke he put on Turco and the one he put on Niemi? Just plain filthy. It's just not even fair.

And to think , he was drafted in the 6th round...170 players drafted before him in 98.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Can't believe Detroit passed on Ryder in that draft. They could've had the guy that's the difference between a team getting and not getting the Cup this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Yea those sneaky third liners are key cogs in our lineups. I retract my previous statement. Ryder is filthy... I can't even type that without laughing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He does a few of goals every year..The other thing he did during that game was he went behind the net, stole the puck from Weber and passed it out front for a one-timer that resulted in a goal...Nobody is better a picking someones pocket than him, he has mastered that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Magic. That is the only word for him. Federov was so smooth, and did everything well, but he didn't do the magical things that Datsyuk does. One of my all time favourite players. Bure, Fedorov, Neely, Forsberg, Datsyuk, Gilbert Perreault, and of course, the Greatest One - Bobby Orr. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

He's still the sickest & slickest player in the league. It's like he stays quiet for games on end. I mean he still produces, but he doesn't stand out. Then he pulls this stuff. He's certainly a joy to watch & if there was someone that I wanted to show off hockey to someone who's never watched it. It'd put together a Datsyuk & Orr high-light reel to give them.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uAjmpC5Mks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XutCAOjCMA4

Yep.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He beat six players - if that doesn't end up being goal of the year I'll be shocked. Not many guys not named Orr, Gretzky or Lemieux could pull off that play. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:

He beat six players - if that doesn't end up being goal of the year I'll be shocked. Not many guys not named Orr, Gretzky or Lemieux could pull off that play. 

Have to add Bure & Savard to your list Red. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Ugh. Pouliot did it.

EDIT: The ugh was not directed at you but rather at the fact that he pulled it off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Beezfan4life's comment:

In response to lambda13's comment:

And to think , he was drafted in the 6th round...170 players drafted before him in 98.

You're not taking into account the fact that Datsyuk wasn't drafted until his 2nd year of eligibilty. Since he was passed over in year one, that means he technically had 413 players drafted ahead of him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You're not taking into account the fact that Datsyuk wasn't drafted until his 2nd year of eligibilty. Since he was passed over in year one, that means he technically had 413 players drafted ahead of him.

Wait, he was passed over in his first draft year? Are you kidding me?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Wait, he was passed over in his first draft year? Are you kidding me?

Born in '78. Drafted in '98.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

datsyuk is my favorite player in the league.  Just amazing talent.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

datsyuk is my favorite player in the league.  Just amazing talent.   

Agreed !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sweet Jesus in a smoking birch bark canoe. I never knew that. Talk about the all-time drafting misses.

In my head, I put Datsyuk, talent wise, on the same level as Hawerchuk and Yzerman (though he's better than both for those occassional "How the Hell did he do that" plays) - how does the entire league miss him for 15 rounds?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Have to add Bure & Savard to your list Red. 

Yeah, and there is a small handful of others as well. I saw Coffey do that to my Jets on a number of occassions as well (god I hated him). I remember one goal where he beat Hawerchuk at his own blueline (pulled it off Ducky's stick and tucked the puck behind Hawerchuk's right foot back onto his own blade), whipped over to the boards, deked three more Jets as he came down the side before completely undressing Carlyle as he cut to the slot (he made Randy look like a corkscrew going into a wine bottle) and putting it top shelf. Did I mention I hated him?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Sweet Jesus in a smoking birch bark canoe. I never knew that. Talk about the all-time drafting misses.

In my head, I put Datsyuk, talent wise, on the same level as Hawerchuk and Yzerman (though he's better than both for those occassional "How the Hell did he do that" plays) - how does the entire league miss him for 15 rounds?

As the Datsyuk story goes, he played in Siberia . At that time, scouting in that area was minimal. He was on the smallish side and played for an obscure team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He hasn't been this good for a couple of years - maybe back to 2008-09.  I mean, he has still been a top echelon player, but he's found that extra gear again this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He didn't skate around or past Wilson, who trailed the play.

Only five guys.

What a bum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

He does a few of goals every year..The other thing he did during that game was he went behind the net, stole the puck from Weber and passed it out front for a one-timer that resulted in a goal...Nobody is better a picking someones pocket than him, he has mastered that.

Yah he has that Brad Park poke-check quality. There is no puck safe when that Russian thief is around. Bergeron is close to the theivery but Pavel is just in his own stratosphere.

Sections
Shortcuts