Daugavins picked up by Bruins on waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Daugavins picked up by Bruins on waivers

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Are you saying it would be impossible to trade Cammalleri and/or Bouwmeester at the draft or during the summer ?

Not impossible, but PC would then be in a cap crunch and he'd been in a position of having to trade someone. If he traded for them now at the deadline, with it's usual inflated prices, and then turned around and off loaded them in the summer, he would not get the same return back as what he speant for them now.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'll take anything over Pandolfo..sorry, Pandolpho.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC will have a position of strength becuase he is taking on salary in negotiations. I trust he is smart enough not to overpay. The Kaberle trade has not shown me that PC did the wrong thing. If you only off load one of them, during the off-season, PC still has Savard LTIR money for cushion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Better make some room up in the press box, Lane.  Jay might be joining you for some nachos.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Kasper Doggy-Pants

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

On the issue of post-claim rules, I found this:

"A player who is picked-up via waivers can’t be traded for the rest of that season, unless the player is first offered to the rest of the teams (if any) that put in a waiver claim on the player in the first place."

I don't see that as a concern, should they want to dump him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'll take anything over Pandolfo..sorry, Pandolpho.

I know I feel for the guy also but we should give a hoot !   Like NAS said how bad was he ? LOL  yes that freakin bad !

Anyway IF Daugavins scores he better not do " his dog barking celebration " . If he does I would want Thornton to sit at the end of the bench when he comes around during the celebration and punch him right in the face !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Just noticed Ottawa had given him a 1-year One-way extension at some point.  Chump change, of course.  Relatively speaking.

Apparently I don't know what year it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Someone here should say something intelligent about this move, otherwise Matt Pepin won't know what to write.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think this is a fine pick up off waivers.

The price is right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Anyone know what position the Bs were in waivers? Seems like an awful lot of guys are about to get dumped, so my only question is: was this guy worth the bid?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

wikipedia says he's a popular locker room guy.  that's a major plus.  always need at least one popular locker room guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Not impossible, but PC would then be in a cap crunch and he'd been in a position of having to trade someone. If he traded for them now at the deadline, with it's usual inflated prices, and then turned around and off loaded them in the summer, he would not get the same return back as what he speant for them now.

That's called "business".  He wouldn't be able to buy what he needed at the time and get an equal return for the same item later.

It's not like the player would be sitting in a holding pattern.  He would be brought in to help the B's win the Cup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

To expand on the Wikipedia comment is this little gem of excitement:

"As the 2011–12 season progressed, Daugavins became a regular in the Ottawa lineup and a popular teammate in the dressing room."

Great!

"He finished the season with 5 goals and 6 assists in 65 games."

Oh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Anyone know what position the Bs were in waivers? Seems like an awful lot of guys are about to get dumped, so my only question is: was this guy worth the bid?

From the looks of it 25th.

And NAS I understand that, I just wonder if there are other options where the law of diminishing returns would not play as large a role in the consideration of a trade or other options down the line.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Clearly an upgrade over Pandolfo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

I prefer the B's demote Caron back to Providence and add Daugavins to the 3rd line with Peverley and Paile...leave Pandolfo on the 4th, at least he can kill the occasional penalty...Caron adds no value whatsoever.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

anyone know why PC didn't re-sign Rolston for this shortened season?....  i thought he was one of the better b's during last year's short playoff run....

couldn't have done worse than Bourque, Pandolfo & Caron....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

anyone know why PC didn't re-sign Rolston for this shortened season?....  i thought he was one of the better b's during last year's short playoff run....

couldn't have done worse than Bourque, Pandolfo & Caron....

Probably money.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Just noticed Ottawa had given him a 1-year One-way extension at some point.  Chump change, of course.  Relatively speaking.

Apparently I don't know what year it is.

Doc, i'm not sure if the NHL has changed that part.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

I prefer the B's demote Caron back to Providence and add Daugavins to the 3rd line with Peverley and Paile...leave Pandolfo on the 4th, at least he can kill the occasional penalty...Caron adds no value whatsoever.

2 points and +2. Caron also hasn't been on the ice for a goal against all year. Thanks for your input.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Doc, i'm not sure if the NHL has changed that part.

The extension I was referring to is for the 2012-2013 season.  I thought that was next year for some reason.

I am right that I was confused before, right?  Or am I confused now?  Perhaps both?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

2 points and +2. Caron also hasn't been on the ice for a goal against all year. Thanks for your input.

Caron to me has almost been a victim of circumstance. And in that circumstance I think he's played as well as you could ask of him. Some upgrade to his line and i think we'll see more production. Would really like to see him get a shot on the power play, especially over Campbell. Even in the last few minutes, I would rather see him out there instead of Campbell.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Caron to me has almost been a victim of circumstance. And in that circumstance I think he's played as well as you could ask of him. Some upgrade to his line and i think we'll see more production. Would really like to see him get a shot on the power play, especially over Campbell. Even in the last few minutes, I would rather see him out there instead of Campbell.

Kel, I thought he was clearly one of the better forwards last game and he was rewarded with a point. 3 times in the first period alone, he snuffed out Leafs rushes by taking away the passing lane and causing the puck to go out of play. That doesn't show on any stats sheets but CJ and his teammates realize it's worth. For anyone who chooses to blow it off as a fluke, just ask yourself if the many pucks that hit the shaft of Bergeron's stick or his shin pads just happens by accident.

Sections
Shortcuts