Daugavins picked up by Bruins on waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Daugavins picked up by Bruins on waivers

"The 2013 collective bargaining agreement eliminated re-entry waivers. If a National Hockey League player is being sent to an NHL affiliate team (AHL) and is put through waivers and cleared successfully, then his salary won't count against the respective NHL team’s salary cap (but he would still get paid his full salary, he would be making X amount to play in the AHL). There is an exception to this rule; if the player has a contract that took effect after a player's 35th birthday, then that player's salary would still count against the NHL cap.

If a player is claimed on waivers, then the claiming team is responsible for the rest of their contract. However if a player clears waivers and is sent down to the minors, but then recalled, and his salary is more than $105,000 in the AHL (essentially, any player who is not on an entry-level or two-way contract), he is subject to re-entry waivers where if a team claims him they are only responsible for half the salary for the remainder of the contract."

I was under the impression that this was kept intact with the exception that only one thing was eliminated fro the 2005 CBA as far as waivers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

darn.  he isn't going to play tonight.  we get another night of pandolfo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Kel, I thought he was clearly one of the better forwards last game and he was rewarded with a point. 3 times in the first period alone, he snuffed out Leafs rushes by taking away the passing lane and causing the puck to go out of play. That doesn't show on any stats sheets but CJ and his teammates realize it's worth. For anyone who chooses to blow it off as a fluke, just ask yourself if the many pucks that hit the shaft of Bergeron's stick or his shin pads just happens by accident.

Oh yeah, I heard Julien and then Bergeron go out of their ways to point out Jordy's contributions against the Leafs...saying things like 'we couldn't have won if Jordy didn't deflect those shots and what an unbelievable assist that was'.

Now back to reality...I guess your expectations for this kid are being met...but in my opinion, deflecting pucks out of play and delivering a mighty 2 points since he's been up do not meet my expectations.

Thanks for your input, but I'll stand by my opinion that this kid still has not proven earning a fulltime NHL roster spot despite a +/- rating of +2...after 9 games.

The sooner PC acquires some NHL talent for this team the Carons, Pandolfos and Bourques can be history and the B's might be able to get to the level of the Pens and Hawks.

Maybe Caron breaks out tonight seeing Daugavins shadow in the locker room. We can only hope.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/11377/caron-hard-to-ignore-trade-rumors

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Kel, I thought he was clearly one of the better forwards last game and he was rewarded with a point. 3 times in the first period alone, he snuffed out Leafs rushes by taking away the passing lane and causing the puck to go out of play. That doesn't show on any stats sheets but CJ and his teammates realize it's worth. For anyone who chooses to blow it off as a fluke, just ask yourself if the many pucks that hit the shaft of Bergeron's stick or his shin pads just happens by accident.

Oh yeah, I heard Julien and then Bergeron go out of their ways to point out Jordy's contributions against the Leafs...saying things like 'we couldn't have won if Jordy didn't deflect those shots and what an unbelievable assist that was'.

Now back to reality...I guess your expectations for this kid are being met...but in my opinion, deflecting pucks out of play and delivering a mighty 2 points since he's been up do not meet my expectations.

Thanks for your input, but I'll stand by my opinion that this kid still has not proven earning a fulltime NHL roster spot despite a +/- rating of +2...after 9 games.

The sooner PC acquires some NHL talent for this team the Carons, Pandolfos and Bourques can be history and the B's might be able to get to the level of the Pens and Hawks.

Maybe Caron breaks out tonight seeing Daugavins shadow in the locker room. We can only hope.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/11377/caron-hard-to-ignore-trade-rumors

Is that what "useless" means? Make up your mind jag off. Spooner and Subban haven't earned full time NHL roster spots yet. Does that mean they're useless? Stick to talking about something you know. Whatever that is. I only know what it isn't. There's no DH in hockey. Defense matters too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I prefer the B's demote Caron back to Providence and add Daugavins to the 3rd line with Peverley and Paile...leave Pandolfo on the 4th, at least he can kill the occasional penalty...Caron adds no value whatsoever.

2 points and +2. Caron also hasn't been on the ice for a goal against all year. Thanks for your input.

Agreed.  JC's "A" game is playoff caliber.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Is that what "useless" means? Make up your mind jag off. Spooner and Subban haven't earned full time NHL roster spots yet. Does that mean they're useless? Stick to talking about something you know. Whatever that is. I only know what it isn't. There's no DH in hockey. Defense matters too.

I see the simpleton in you just can't be suppressed! Once a maroon, always a maroon (that's baseball speak for moron, if you didn't know).

Your comment about Spooner and Subban just validates what I just said. The answer is YES, they are useless, right now, as neither kid is ready for 'full-time' (you understand this, right)...I'll say it again...FULL-TIME roles on the NHL roster!

Oh you really need to get over yourself dezi, you still think you are the leader of the master race from your mom's basement!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I see the simpleton in you just can't be suppressed! Once a maroon, always a maroon (that's baseball speak for moron, if you didn't know).

Your comment about Spooner and Subban just validates what I just said. The answer is YES, they are useless, right now, as neither kid is ready for 'full-time' (you understand this, right)...I'll say it again...FULL-TIME roles on the NHL roster!

Oh you really need to get over yourself dezi, you still think you are the leader of the master race from your mom's basement!

The Montreal Maroons beg to differ. Why don't yo take a breath and come back when you've got something tangible to add. You don't understand what it takes to ice a successful hockey team. Then again, you claim to watch full games but still have no idea which players played in the 3rd period. Start by paying attention and then go from there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I guess PC does like picking up other people's trash off the waiver wire after all....

Older expensive trash like Jokinen ? No. Cheaper, younger and possibly recyclable trash. Apparently yes. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Older expensive trash like Jokinen ? No. Cheaper, younger and possibly recyclable trash. Apparently yes. 

Makes sense to me. Legit NHler who scored 30 goals just two seasons ago or fringe forward who barks like a dog and has Pandolfo-like numbers. No contest on who PC would want.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

C'mon people. There's no need to have fights without me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I thought we were agreeing? lol....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I thought we were agreeing? lol....

Not if I have anything to add (and I do).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Please procede.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Please procede.....

I just like seeing others quarrel so I try to fire you guys up a bit. I think Chowdah's right on this one though. Jokinen probably makes too much for anyone to bother claiming him. Daugavins is basically a no risk proposition and PC apparently has plans in place for other forwards. Also, you're developing a crush on Caron. I'm not surprised. It was inevitable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I just like seeing others quarrel so I try to fire you guys up a bit. I think Chowdah's right on this one though. Jokinen probably makes too much for anyone to bother claiming him. Daugavins is basically a no risk proposition and PC apparently has plans in place for other forwards. Also, you're developing a crush on Caron. I'm not surprised. It was inevitable.

Its a fair enough assessment if PC does indeed have a plan and can execute it. However, if next thursday all PC has added is the barking AHLer, a  re-signed Bartman, and more Yetiberg sightings, then not getting Jokinen will have been a big mistake. 

As for Caron....still on the fence...:)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

The Montreal Maroons beg to differ. Why don't yo take a breath and come back when you've got something tangible to add. You don't understand what it takes to ice a successful hockey team. Then again, you claim to watch full games but still have no idea which players played in the 3rd period. Start by paying attention and then go from there.

Anyone who rates a player as good because he deflects a couple of shots and has a +/- of +2 after 9 games really understands the game (say what??)

Pardon me, I left to take a quick bio break and missed Caron's 3rd period ice time!! I guess you can hold it until in between periods.

BTW, Pandolfo blocked a shot tonite during a penalty kill, the guy must be a superstar in your eyes now!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Anyone who rates a player as good because he deflects a couple of shots and has a +/- of +2 after 9 games really understands the game (say what??)

Pardon me, I left to take a quick bio break and missed Caron's 3rd period ice time!! I guess you can hold it until in between periods.

BTW, Pandolfo blocked a shot tonite during a penalty kill, the guy must be a superstar in your eyes now!

I said come back with something tangible to add. Now shush up. Game's on.