Daugavins the Copycat!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Daugavins the Copycat!!!

I knew I saw this before!! The lesser known Bourque (Phil) in 1990 against Detroit:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=218506&navid=nhl:topheads

At least he had the stones to do it in regulation time!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Daugavins the Copycat!!!

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I knew I saw this before!! The lesser known Bourque (Phil) in 1990 against Detroit:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=218506&navid=nhl:topheads

At least he had the stones to do it in regulation time!!

I said this last night. Or early this AM.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Guess I am behind the curve then....:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Guess I am behind the curve then....:)

I remembered it from Don Cherry's Rock em Sock em video's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes, but did you provide links to bad, grainy video to back up your claims last night? Huh? lol!

Just teasing....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Boo to circus moves that have only one way of getting in the net.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

But...but...it worked in the AHL? Surely it will also be successful in a league with the best goalies in the world....Daugavins is an idiot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

That has been around for hundreds of years, I heard that Gordie Howe did it.  I did it in a pick up game once and it doesn't take the opposition long to start yelling 'hit his stick' - because that's all it takes when you do that.

0.0 for originality, doing that at the start or end or in the middle or in some combination with something(s) else might actually throw a goalie off

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Perhaps his next attempt will be to put the puck on the flat side of his stick blade and throw it in lacrosse-style like Corey Perry did in the All-Star SO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

That has been around for hundreds of years, I heard that Gordie Howe did it.  I did it in a pick up game once and it doesn't take the opposition long to start yelling 'hit his stick' - because that's all it takes when you do that.

0.0 for originality, doing that at the start or end or in the middle or in some combination with something(s) else might actually throw a goalie off

Yes, it's called ringette.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

After last night, I hate the shootout even more. To me, the only way I would accept it is some sort of time limit to mimic an "in-game- break-away" with no slowing down, stopping tricks ect. The skater's best shot or deke at game speed, vs the goaltender.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

It was awfully close to going in.  Im bet that most goalies not named Rask would have been scored on. Mabye not the best choice of moves, but it was entertaining.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

It was awfully close to going in.  Im bet that most goalies not named Rask would have been scored on. Mabye not the best choice of moves, but it was entertaining.  

could you imagine he would have scored after bumping Rask ?  Milk crates ????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I can't believe he said he's practiced the move for 3 years. That shouldn't take more than an hour or so to perfect. It's something I'd do on the river as a kid. It's child's play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Rufus604's comment:

could you imagine he would have scored after bumping Rask ?  Milk crates ????

Haha. Would have been interesting to say the least

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

It's not the first time Daugavins has used it in a shootout. Listen to how his name is pronounced........ day-go-vans 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkIXY_5m7Dg

Sections
Shortcuts