David Desharnais

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

David Desharnais

Hey guys,

I was checking some stats today (I'm a dedicated pooler beside being a habs fan)... and I thought it might be of some interest for some of you to have a closer look at this little fellow playing center for the Habs...

He's 24 years old, 5'7'' and 170 pounds.  He went undrafted.  He played 6 games for us last year, getting an assist and minus 1 as his only stats.  He played his 34th game today for his rookie season.  He's been getting 3rd and 4th center duty, averaging just over 12 minutes of ice time per game, with some special units duty.

Interstingly enough, here are the standings for points... for players on both our rosters for their last 19 games :

1. Milan Lucic (19 pts)
    2. David Desharnais (17 pts)
    3-4. David Krejci, Nathan Horton (16 pts)
    5. Max Pacioretty (15 pts)
    6-7. Mike Cammalleri, Brian Gionta (13 pts)
    8-11. Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn, PK Subban, James Wisnievski (12 pts)
    12. Roman Hamrlik (11 pts)
    13-16. Rich Peverley, Michael Ryder, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand (10 pts)
    17-18. Benoit Pouliot, Tomas Kaberle (9 pts)
    19-20. Lars Eller, Mark Recchi (8 pts)
    21-23. Scott Gomez, Zdeno Chara, Travis Moen (7 pts)
    24-27. Tyler Seguin, Jeff Halpern, Andrew Ference, Adam McQuaid (6 pts)
    28-30. Seidenberg, Kelly, Campbell (5 pts)

His pre-NHL stats :

2009-2010 : Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL) : 60 games, 27-51 (78 pts) +30
    2008-2009 : Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL) : 77 games, 24-34 (58 pts) +12
    2007-2008 : Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL) : 68 games, 29-77 (106 pts)
    2006-2007 : QMHJL : 61 games, 38-70 (108 pts)
    2005-2006 : QMHJL : 63 games, 33-85 (118 pts)
    2004-2005 : QMHJL : 68 games, 32-65 (97 pts)
    2003-2004 : QMHJL : 70 games, 23-28 (51 pts)

It seems like every winger that's been playing with him over the last couple of years believe that he'll be a top centerman in the NHL, but he always needed to prove to everyone that his small size wasn't a problem...

So yeah... If you're a pooler, you might want to pick him up in later rounds next year.  I think he's a nice sleeper pick. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: David Desharnais

In Response to David Desharnais:
    Hey guys, I was checking some stats today (I'm a dedicated pooler beside being a habs fan)... and I thought it might be of some interest for some of you to have a closer look at this little fellow playing center for the Habs... He's 24 years old, 5'7'' and 170 pounds.  He went undrafted.  He played 6 games for us last year, getting an assist and minus 1 as his only stats.  He played his 34th game today for his rookie season.  He's been getting 3rd and 4th center duty, averaging just over 12 minutes of ice time per game, with some special units duty. Interstingly enough, here are the standings for points... for players on both our rosters for their last 19 games : 1. Milan Lucic (19 pts) 2. David Desharnais (17 pts) 3-4. David Krejci, Nathan Horton (16 pts) 5. Max Pacioretty (15 pts) 6-7. Mike Cammalleri, Brian Gionta (13 pts) 8-11. Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn, PK Subban, James Wisnievski (12 pts) 12. Roman Hamrlik (11 pts) 13-16. Rich Peverley, Michael Ryder, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand (10 pts) 17-18. Benoit Pouliot, Tomas Kaberle (9 pts) 19-20. Lars Eller, Mark Recchi (8 pts) 21-23. Scott Gomez, Zdeno Chara, Travis Moen (7 pts) 24-27. Tyler Seguin, Jeff Halpern, Andrew Ference, Adam McQuaid (6 pts) 28-30. Seidenberg, Kelly, Campbell (5 pts) ... His pre-NHL stats : 2009-2010 : Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL) : 60 games, 27-51 ( 78 pts ) +30 2008-2009 : Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL) : 77 games, 24-34 ( 58 pts ) +12 2007-2008 : Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL) : 68 games, 29-77 ( 106 pts ) 2006-2007 : QMHJL : 61 games, 38-70 ( 108 pts ) 2005-2006 : QMHJL : 63 games, 33-85 ( 118 pts ) 2004-2005 : QMHJL : 68 games, 32-65 ( 97 pts ) 2003-2004 : QMHJL : 70 games, 23-28 ( 51 pts ) It seems like every winger that's been playing with him over the last couple of years believe that he'll be a top centerman in the NHL, but he always needed to prove to everyone that his small size wasn't a problem... So yeah... If you're a pooler, you might want to pick him up in later rounds next year.  I think he's a nice sleeper pick. 
    Posted by Wedgy-Dunlop

Nobody here cares....last time I checked this was the Boston Globe, not the Montreal Gazette .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: David Desharnais:
    In Response to David Desharnais : Nobody here cares....last time I checked this was the Boston Globe, not the Montreal Gazette .
    Posted by Beezfan4life

People who read the Boston Globe don't play hockey pools?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: David Desharnais : People who read the Boston Globe don't play hockey pools?
    Posted by Kennedy97

Yeah sure Kennedy.This post was solely about hockey pools.Maybe if he was updating us on a little known player from the Wild or Kings for example rather than just more trying to goad folks into debate while applauding your own.I'm sure everyone in Habland would appreciate getting updates on Marchand and Kampfer.You know-just for the pools........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I was talking to one my Yankee buddies the other day.  It was a decent converstation.  He mentioned Lester and Buckholtz as premier talents.  I discussed with him the catcher changeover in NY.  Red Sox fans can sympathize. Nice conversations despite the fact I ha^e the Yankees more than the Canadiens. Wedgy, what Bruin would you like to have on the Canadien team? If hockey conversation is your intent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: David Desharnais : Yeah sure Kennedy.This post was solely about hockey pools.Maybe if he was updating us on a little known player from the Wild or Kings for example rather than just more trying to goad folks into debate while applauding your own.I'm sure everyone in Habland would appreciate getting updates on Marchand and Kampfer.You know-just for the pools........
    Posted by dezaruchi

I'm shocked that you think there's more to this post, Dez! A nice guy comes on here and tries to help everyone win their Fantasy Hockey league......(OK, OK...I can't even type the rest of it with a straight face!)

But considering the many....many....MANY threads started about PK Subban on a Bruins board, you can't say it's against protocol to dedicate threads on this board to Habs players! :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Wedgy, what Bruin would you like to have on the Canadien team?
    Posted by islamorada

I dunno about Wedgy, but I'd take Milan Lucic in a NY minute.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: David Desharnais : I'm shocked that you think there's more to this post, Dez! A nice guy comes on here and tries to help everyone win their Fantasy Hockey league......(OK, OK...I can't even type the rest of it with a straight face!) But considering the many....many....MANY threads started about PK Subban on a Bruins board, you can't say it's against protocol to dedicate threads on this board to Habs players! :)
    Posted by Kennedy97

Yes Kennedy,what you say is true.With all of the PK talk on here,I often wonder if I'm reading the Globe or the Gazette.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: David Desharnais : I dunno about Wedgy, but I'd take Milan Lucic in a NY minute.
    Posted by Kennedy97

And I wouldn't mind if Boston took Plekanec off of your hands(for a 4th round pick perhaps).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

You must have a lot of free time!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Good for the little guy. Maybe him and Gionta can sit on each others shoulders to sneak onto a rollercoaster at the amusement park.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Good for the little guy. Maybe him and Gionta can sit on each others shoulders to sneak onto a rollercoaster at the amusement park.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

When he has Gionta's legs around his head,it's not to ride a rollercoaster.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Hey guys, I was checking some stats today (I'm a dedicated pooler beside being a habs fan)... and I thought it might be of some interest for some of you to have a closer look at this little fellow playing center for the Habs... He's 24 years old, 5'7'' and 170 pounds.  He went undrafted.  He played 6 games for us last year, getting an assist and minus 1 as his only stats.  He played his 34th game today for his rookie season.  He's been getting 3rd and 4th center duty, averaging just over 12 minutes of ice time per game, with some special units duty. Interstingly enough, here are the standings for points... for players on both our rosters for their last 19 games : 1. Milan Lucic (19 pts) 2. David Desharnais (17 pts) 3-4. David Krejci, Nathan Horton (16 pts) 5. Max Pacioretty (15 pts) 6-7. Mike Cammalleri, Brian Gionta (13 pts) 8-11. Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn, PK Subban, James Wisnievski (12 pts) 12. Roman Hamrlik (11 pts) 13-16. Rich Peverley, Michael Ryder, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand (10 pts) 17-18. Benoit Pouliot, Tomas Kaberle (9 pts) 19-20. Lars Eller, Mark Recchi (8 pts) 21-23. Scott Gomez, Zdeno Chara, Travis Moen (7 pts) 24-27. Tyler Seguin, Jeff Halpern, Andrew Ference, Adam McQuaid (6 pts) 28-30. Seidenberg, Kelly, Campbell (5 pts) ... His pre-NHL stats : 2009-2010 : Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL) : 60 games, 27-51 ( 78 pts ) +30 2008-2009 : Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL) : 77 games, 24-34 ( 58 pts ) +12 2007-2008 : Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL) : 68 games, 29-77 ( 106 pts ) 2006-2007 : QMHJL : 61 games, 38-70 ( 108 pts ) 2005-2006 : QMHJL : 63 games, 33-85 ( 118 pts ) 2004-2005 : QMHJL : 68 games, 32-65 ( 97 pts ) 2003-2004 : QMHJL : 70 games, 23-28 ( 51 pts ) It seems like every winger that's been playing with him over the last couple of years believe that he'll be a top centerman in the NHL, but he always needed to prove to everyone that his small size wasn't a problem... So yeah... If you're a pooler, you might want to pick him up in later rounds next year.  I think he's a nice sleeper pick. 
    Posted by Wedgy-Dunlop

Keep dreaming ...a top centerman..lol  he'll probably go back to Hamilton next season....overated...just lucky to get so many points...he'll be invisible in the playoffs after Chara will hit him hard into the board....typical habs fan reaction

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 (???) 2012-2013

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Posted by Wedgy-Dunlop

If all that was left to pick were schabs, I wouldn't pick them. I'd rather lose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to David Desharnais : Keep dreaming ...a top centerman..lol  he'll probably go back to Hamilton next season...
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

The Eklund of talent evaluation strikes again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

kennedy/wedgy...what is your purpose for entering this site? convince bruin fans to start rooting for the habs? rub the b's fans the wrong way? say i told you so? there has to be some pleasure you get from it, and don't say "to talk hockey". why would you care what a bruin fan thinks? why would i care what a habs fan thinks? it just comes off as trying to stir the pot in a place your not wanted.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

kennedy/wedgy...what is your purpose for entering this site? convince bruin fans to start rooting for the habs? rub the b's fans the wrong way? say i told you so? there has to be some pleasure you get from it, and don't say "to talk hockey". why would you care what a bruin fan thinks? why would i care what a habs fan thinks? it just comes off as trying to stir the pot in a place your not wanted.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Your whole post basically states "I can't relate to anyone who doesn't think exactly like I do", and you seem to define "stirring the pot" as someone whose opinion differs from yours. In short, ADK, I don't know why you asked a question and then claimed to not want an answer, but I'll give you one anyway.

I live in Maine. I'm a Habs fan who respects the Bruins, and watches a good amount of NESN Bruins coverage when they're not opposite the Habs. Even when they are, they often have a 30 minute differential in the puck drop so I can watch the B's when the Habs are at intermission. I like the franchise, and the Bruins hockey board is a) primarily in English, which I speak and b) free of a lot of the politics that you can get when talking Montreal hockey. Here it's just hockey. As such, I rarely stir the pot intentionally.

If you have an issue with that, I won't lose any sleep.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: David Desharnais : I dunno about Wedgy, but I'd take Milan Lucic in a NY minute.
    Posted by Kennedy97

Markov is the one I would choose although his injury time is beginning to be an issue with the team.  The way Lars Eller played the last game, I think he would look good in a Bs uniform. Ha.  BTW it is nice Hal Gill is playing in Montreal and near his in laws.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

I was talking to one my Yankee buddies the other day.  It was a decent converstation.  He mentioned Lester and Buckholtz as premier talents.  I discussed with him the catcher changeover in NY.  Red Sox fans can sympathize. Nice conversations despite the fact I ha^e the Yankees more than the Canadiens. Wedgy, what Bruin would you like to have on the Canadien team? If hockey conversation is your intent.
    Posted by islamorada

Oh, without a doubt, if I had to build a team from scratch with the opportunity to pick any active players I'd like, there would be two Bruins and two Habs players I would take right away : Lucic - Chara and Subban - Price...

Considering their age, position and every other factors, I'd pick them in this order : Price - Lucic - Subban - Chara... and the only reason I don't put Chara before Subban is their respective age (21 and 34).

At 22 years old, I personnaly think Lucic is one of the most important "building block player" in the NHL and I'd make room for him on the top two lines of any team out there, even if I had the chance to pick any top six combination I'd like. 

And if I put Price before Lucic, it's because he's a goalie, and I consider that position most important.  And that young goalie could potentially be one heck of a goalie... and I like his cockiness...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: David Desharnais : When he has Gionta's legs around his head,it's not to ride a rollercoaster.......
    Posted by dezaruchi

Never know Dez they have some crazy names for some kinky stuff these days! lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Eller's going to be a really good 2-way guy. Not a superstar, but a real valuable player who does a lot of things well.

As for the Bruins, I'd love to have seen Bergeron up in MTL. I think he's tough enough so that the politics wouldn't have gotten to him and he's exactly the kind of player that a lot of Habs fans want: a solid french player who scores/sets up goals. And I know some Bruins fans have soured on David Krejci: I loved watching him when I got to see Gatineau (usually twice a year) and think he's got some great years in front of him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: David Desharnais : People who read the Boston Globe don't play hockey pools?
    Posted by Kennedy97

Kennedy. I think what the issue is that a lot of Bruin fans would never pick a Hab in a pool, or to play Pro-line because it's a Canadien. Most of us would rather find another option There are very few (real true Bruin fans) who like the Canadiens at all. The opposite isn't true because there are Hab fans who also like the B's. I don't need to go into why that is. You're knowledgeable enough to figure that out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I don't need to go into why that is. You're knowledgeable enough to figure that out.
    Posted by nitemare-38

I know why it is.  Montreal has 2 strong rivalries. Some would argue that Boston is second to Toronto (I wouldn't...most of the time, the Leafs have sucked, and it's hard to have that great a rivalry with a team that for most of the last 4 decades commanded zero respect).

The Bruins don't have another rivalry like they do with the Habs. And they haven't won in a while. That's what does it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: David Desharnais : Your whole post basically states "I can't relate to anyone who doesn't think exactly like I do", and you seem to define "stirring the pot" as someone whose opinion differs from yours. In short, ADK, I don't know why you asked a question and then claimed to not want an answer, but I'll give you one anyway. I live in Maine. I'm a Habs fan who respects the Bruins, and watches a good amount of NESN Bruins coverage when they're not opposite the Habs. Even when they are, they often have a 30 minute differential in the puck drop so I can watch the B's when the Habs are at intermission. I like the franchise, and the Bruins hockey board is a) primarily in English, which I speak and b) free of a lot of the politics that you can get when talking Montreal hockey. Here it's just hockey. As such, I rarely stir the pot intentionally. If you have an issue with that, I won't lose any sleep.
    Posted by Kennedy97

i think most guys on here think you're one of the only reasonable habs fan out there and welcome you to this board.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: David Desharnais : I know why it is.  Montreal has 2 strong rivalries. Some would argue that Boston is second to Toronto (I wouldn't...most of the time, the Leafs have sucked, and it's hard to have that great a rivalry with a team that for most of the last 4 decades commanded zero respect). The Bruins don't have another rivalry like they do with the Habs. And they haven't won in a while. That's what does it.
    Posted by Kennedy97

Bang on! Hey Kennedy? I know you & I have had our differences & I blame me more than you, because I treated you "just as a Scab lover" & never really listened because of that. In other words I was looking for a fight because of who you cheered for, not for what you were saying.
    There's others on here though that I respect a lot & they seemed to be OK with you being a...."OH GAWD THIS SO HARD FOR ME!!......a hab fan" so I started to read your stuff with an open mind. You're not the typical Hab fan (like Miller). You're even keel & look at things odjectively. I know we won't always agree, because I can't even agree with a lot of Bruin fans. Can we bury the hatchett & start over & if we disagree with something I'll show more respect for your opinion?   

Sections
Shortcuts