David Krejci Contract Extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: David Krejci Contract Extension

first off you definitely understimate what he will get, secondly, your off on a few things.

when he put up 73 points, he wasn't a first line center, he was actually their third line center (or 2nd depending on how you looked at it). he benefited from playing against 3rd D pairings and 3rd lines a lot. He was, however, fantastic this year. He lead the playoffs in goals and points. that cannot and will not be overlooked. If he gets below 5 million per season he is taking a home town discount. Ideally, I would like PC to sign him to a long long deal, Richards style, but about a million less in annual value.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

5 years, 28 million. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

In Response to David Krejci Contract Extension:
    Assuming Marc Savard retires (seems likely), that clears an additional $4.007 M from our cap # for the next 6 seasons. PC has shown a propensity to sign players to extensions before they reach free agency. I am a believer that PC should focus on extensions for DK and Marchand before filling other spots on the team. I like DK as a player, though I would be reluctant to sign him to a long term deal. He netted himself a 3Yr/11.25M dollar deal after scoring 22-51-73 and since has tallied 52 and 62 Pts. I feel that he is line for a 3-4 Yr deal for 4.25 per due to service time with the team and playoff performance. I wonder which DK we get though. Are we getting a 70 Pt, first line center or are we getting a 50 Pt, overpaid center. Pros--We give Seguin another year to grow       --Let DK prove himself in a contract year before investing in him Cons--DK could meet/exceed expectations (not necessarily a bad thing) and could command a higher salary next year If we give Seguin another year to grow and (assuming growth and production) allow DK to leave via RFA like Phil and build our top two lines around PB and Seguin... What say you? What should the B's do?
    Posted by mckehct

Moron, Krejci is our highest priority. Don't post your lets be cheap about Krejci garbage. Keep this guy in Boston for his career period. He was the Bruins MVP these playoffs IMO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

match bergerons contract extension..dollar for dollar now so it kicks in next year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: David Krejci Contract Extension:
    5 years, 28 million. 
    Posted by Bigpapa1977

unless stamkos signs a contract, in which case it would be 5/1232114324697 million

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Cons--DK could meet/exceed expectations (not necessarily a bad thing) and could command a higher salary next year"

Krejci and his agent will want another payday after this extension so three years max is what he will demand. The contract will be in the Bergeron range 3 years $21Mil done around the 1st week of October. Marchand will be done right around the 1st of July 2.75-3Mil range.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

"Cons--DK could meet/exceed expectations (not necessarily a bad thing) and could command a higher salary next year" Krejci and his agent will want another payday after this extension so three years max is what he will demand. The contract will be in the Bergeron range 3 years $21Mil done around the 1st week of October. Marchand will be done right around the 1st of July 2.75-3Mil range.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

uhhhhh 7 mill a year for krejci? come on now sandog

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Bergeron makes $5 million-ish if I remembr correctly. Or at least that's the cap hit I have in my head. Too busy/lazy to look it up right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: David Krejci Contract Extension : uhhhhh 7 mill a year for krejci? come on now sandog Posted by thedauber1

Yah Dauber thanks for pointing that out terrible gaff when I type " bergy range" I meant around 5.5-6Mil range. Got my chocolate and peanut butter mixed up again, Thanks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

3 Yr/21M?? I would hope PC would not agree to that. Seems a bit steep. I don't feel that I'm undervaluing him either. Bruins have tremendous leverage in this negotiation given the fact the organization is flush with talent down the middle. Obviously, Bergeron and Seguin in the NHL now along with our prospects (Spooner, Sauve, etc). I don't see the need to sign him to a deal that could hamstring our salary cap going forward with Lucic, Horton, Seguin, and Rask as upcoming FA. As I said in my original post, i like him, but I'm not sold on his future here. I could see something more like 3YR/16.5. I guess 4.25 is unreasonable, but I think over 6 is too much.
    Posted by mckehct

Krejci is the future. doesn't the philly series show you anything. DUMB DUMB DUMB, 7 mill is fine by me, keep him here at all costs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

If Markov gets 6 mill by the habs, krejci gets 7 mill by the b's, WHO DOES MORE FOR THEIR TEAM.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i like him in that range too, but hopefully for a very long term

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: David Krejci Contract Extension : Why do you feel it needs to be a long term contract?
    Posted by mckehct

I look at his value and I don't think its ever going to be under 5 million for a long long time, however, I do think there is a possibility his open market value could potentially go way up. I look at the Mike Richards contract, i think it was 12 years/69 million at around the same age, I would prefer something like that for krejci, but at a slightly lower cap hit of around 4.75. 12 years/57 mill sounds good to me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Seguin should be peaking in 3 years. if you can't justify 12, you cannot justify 3. 4.75 isn't going to hinder a team

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

I look at his value and I don't think its ever going to be under 5 million for a long long time, however, I do think there is a possibility his open market value could potentially go way up. I look at the Mike Richards contract, i think it was 12 years/69 million at around the same age, I would prefer something like that for krejci, but at a slightly lower cap hit of around 4.75. 12 years/57 mill sounds good to me

How could you sign him at all with those two concussions he sustained.  Damaged goods!  Damaged goods I tell you!

BTW 'dauber', the Celtics really like their two Purdue guys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

4 Yr/23.5M

If we have a log jam at Center three years from now with PB, DK, and TS, I'll consider it an abundance of riches.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I look at his value and I don't think its ever going to be under 5 million for a long long time, however, I do think there is a possibility his open market value could potentially go way up. I look at the Mike Richards contract, i think it was 12 years/69 million at around the same age, I would prefer something like that for krejci, but at a slightly lower cap hit of around 4.75. 12 years/57 mill sounds good to me How could you sign him at all with those two concussions he sustained.  Damaged goods!  Damaged goods I tell you! BTW 'dauber', the Celtics really like their two Purdue guys.
    Posted by Bigpapa1977

two minor concussions....i'll echo NAS here "you just don't get it"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

unless stamkos signs a contract, in which case it would be 5/1232114324697 million

You have finally learned. Congrats.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

unless stamkos signs a contract, in which case it would be 5/1232114324697 million You have finally learned. Congrats.
    Posted by Bigpapa1977

have you figured out that a 21 year old 50 goal scorers contract doesn't really effect the negotiations of a 25 year old 13 goal scorer?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He is a valuable commodity tied for Bos scoring lead last 2 years and 2nd 3years ago, leads B's in playoff scoring over last 3 years.

He is not the complete player Berg is, he is adapting nicely into the #1 center position that he was unable to do last year and year before, he has shown in playoffs that he can handle the top checkers from any team including cup winning Nucks, oh thats right he lead the B's and league in playoff scoring and the cup.

His numbers will be better than Luc and should be on par with Berg. he is young and it will not be his last contract so 3-4 years at 4.5, 5, 5.5 and 6 which is a 5.25M cap hit, with like Berg a signing bonus of 1M per year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Krejci is the key to the Bruins. All you idiots saying different can reference last year against Philly. WE FELL APART W/O HIM. He is the MVP and new Mark Savard in my book.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If I was Krejci I'd ask for more speed and skill on my line, take a short term deal and cash in next contract.  I think it's pretty obvious he excel's when playing with quicker euro type skill guys.

I still watch the Miro games from last season.  That was Krejci at his best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

If I was Krejci I'd ask for more speed and skill on my line, take a short term deal and cash in next contract.  I think it's pretty obvious he excel's when playing with quicker euro type skill guys. I still watch the Miro games from last season.  That was Krejci at his best.
    Posted by bim09

NO WAY! Horts & Looch are perfect for DK! DK's game is slowing things down to make a play. Horts & Looch get into openings with strength & Horton is far quicker than Satan EVER thought of being!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

If I was Krejci I'd ask for more speed and skill on my line, take a short term deal and cash in next contract.  I think it's pretty obvious he excel's when playing with quicker euro type skill guys. I still watch the Miro games from last season.  That was Krejci at his best.
    Posted by bim09

He did have really good chemistry with Satan, but I thought his run (after the Mtl series) in this year's playoff was his best.

After Round 1
    18gp 11-11-22 +9

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Before the lifetime contracts come out to play, let's consider what other lifetime contracts have done:

Next to nothing.  Give him four year, maximum.  If he's happy after that, extend him again.  If not, let him walk.  We're not talking about Gretz, Lemieux, Yzerman or Sakic.

Adios.