David Krejci contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

David Krejci contract?

If the Bruins are smart they will try & get this guy signed longterm when they can renegotiate with him.

The guy is an outstanding hockey player & seems to not get the credit he deserves & seems to be underrated around the league. He has elevated his play as the playoffs have progressed. He was awesome last night in all 3 zones.

I honestly don't know if I have seen a better Bruins player in all 3 zones since Adam Oates. He doesn't jump off the page at you in any one aspect but just continually gets better the older he gets.

He struggled in the Montreal series offensively but I don't think the Canadians get enough credit for how they played him. They made it a point to key in on Krejci because they knew after seeing the Bruins so much that he was the key.

Since that series he has accumalated 19 points in 14 games while being outstanding defensively. I believe Chia & company realize how good he is & will get something done.

But what a cerebral player & joy to watch him play the game. Elite hockey sense & I think is on the verge of becoming a top 15 player in the game. Extremely impressed with this guy. For a team that is supposed to have no elite talent this guy is getting pretty close to joining that elite club. I don't think he gets the media accolades that he deserves nationally & especially locally in Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: David Krejci contract?

I think he will be an RFA at the end of next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Look for them to extend his contract sometime during the next season.  That has been Chiarelli's pattern.  Will he sign a cap friendly contract like the leaders of this team have done, Chara and Bergeron?  That could go along way to determining his future with the B's.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to David Krejci contract?:
    [QUOTE]If the Bruins are smart they will try & get this guy signed longterm when they can renegotiate with him. The guy is an outstanding hockey player & seems to not get the credit he deserves & seems to be underrated around the league. He has elevated his play as the playoffs have progressed. He was awesome last night in all 3 zones. I honestly don't know if I have seen a better Bruins player in all 3 zones since Adam Oates. He doesn't jump off the page at you in any one aspect but just continually gets better the older he gets. He struggled in the Montreal series offensively but I don't think the Canadians get enough credit for how they played him. They made it a point to key in on Krejci because they knew after seeing the Bruins so much that he was the key. Since that series he has accumalated 19 points in 14 games while being outstanding defensively. I believe Chia & company realize how good he is & will get something done. But what a cerebral player & joy to watch him play the game. Elite hockey sense & I think is on the verge of becoming a top 15 player in the game. Extremely impressed with this guy. For a team that is supposed to have no elite talent this guy is getting pretty close to joining that elite club. I don't think he gets the media accolades that he deserves nationally & especially locally in Boston.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    By chance, have you heard of a Bruins player named Bergeron?
    Did someone tell you that the Norris and Vezina winners aren't elite talents?
    GO BRUINS!!!!! 3 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Will he sign a cap friendly contract like the leaders of this team have done, Chara and Bergeron?"

Scooter, I say this ends up being like the Bobby Ryan situation no matter what Krejci and his agent wants Chiarelli has control with the RFA in play. My take is David will demand just a 3 year but PC won't demand a 5 year like Murray did with Ryan last summer. Krejci will want that big payday at the end of his next contract like Bergeron wants at the end of his current extension he signed in the fall.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: David Krejci contract?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to David Krejci contract? : By chance, have you heard of a Bruins player named Bergeron? Did someone tell you that the Norris and Vezina winners aren't elite talents? GO BRUINS!!!!! 3 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yeah I actually have. Very good player. Great in the defensive zone. Probably my favorite Bs player. A Rod Brind'Amour type player. Great defensively & solid offensively. A great # 2 center.

He doesn't have the offensive creativity & upside of Krejci offensively. Krejci is very underated in the league & amongst the local Boston media & some fans. The guy has arrived & is a stud. The Bs must sign him. THe contract he is on now is a steal & he is certainly a Conn Smyth candidate if the Bs pull this out. 

He has already signed a team friendly contract for this team when the other young offensive player asked for the world. The Bruins made the right choice in who to keep.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I have faith in PC and that he'll extend Krejci sometime next season. Same for guys like Campbell, Peverley and perhaps Kelly--all of whom won't cost much, but are important secondary pieces amongst the bottom 6 of the forward group.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

I would think DK has played himself into a healthy raise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]"Will he sign a cap friendly contract like the leaders of this team have done, Chara and Bergeron?" Scooter, I say this ends up being like the Bobby Ryan situation no matter what Krejci and his agent wants Chiarelli has control with the RFA in play. My take is David will demand just a 3 year but PC won't demand a 5 year like Murray did with Ryan last summer. Krejci will want that big payday at the end of his next contract like Bergeron wants at the end of his current extension he signed in the fall.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I was kind of thinking of the Kessel situation.  If David's demands are deemed unreasonable, is he the next high quality asset to be moved to re-stock the cupboard?   A lot of that will depend on the development of the younger talent in the system, but the bottom line is nobody is irreplaceable and therefore his asking price should remain "cap friendly" if he really wants to stay. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Krejci is the best center is the league. PERIOD! Sign him now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

his agent told him he could get more on his last contract...he had a quote saying that where he was from, 3.75 million was a lot of money, and he was happy with it. hopefully he keeps the same frame of mind. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs a Richards type deal for a slightly lower cap hit of around 4.75

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: David Krejci contract? : Yeah I actually have. Very good player. Great in the defensive zone. Probably my favorite Bs player. A Rod Brind'Amour type player. Great defensively & solid offensively. A great # 2 center. He doesn't have the offensive creativity & upside of Krejci offensively. Krejci is very underated in the league & amongst the local Boston media & some fans. The guy has arrived & is a stud. The Bs must sign him. THe contract he is on now is a steal & he is certainly a Conn Smyth candidate if the Bs pull this out.  He has already signed a team friendly contract for this team when the other young offensive player asked for the world. The Bruins made the right choice in who to keep.

Actually he does have the offensive creativity and upside that Krejci has, he's just blossomed into a different player under the Julien regime.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: David Krejci contract? : Yeah I actually have. Very good player. Great in the defensive zone. Probably my favorite Bs player. A Rod Brind'Amour type player. Great defensively & solid offensively. A great # 2 center. He doesn't have the offensive creativity & upside of Krejci offensively. Krejci is very underated in the league & amongst the local Boston media & some fans. The guy has arrived & is a stud. The Bs must sign him. THe contract he is on now is a steal & he is certainly a Conn Smyth candidate if the Bs pull this out.  He has already signed a team friendly contract for this team when the other young offensive player asked for the world. The Bruins made the right choice in who to keep.
    I'm afraid the actual numbers don't support this theory.Add in the fact that DK is world's away from Bergeron in the defensive end and I think there's really no question as to who the better all-around player is. Am I the only one who remembers Bergeron coming on to take DK's faceoffs for him during the Montreal series?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bergeron's a great player, but in terms of offensive game, sorry, Krejci's clearly better.  There are times when PB is dynamic offensively and you wonder if he's turned a corner or found a new level in his game - think January/February or even parts of the first two series.  When he's flying, he takes the puck to the net, makes great give and go passes, turns possession on the boards to a sharp down-low feed, and picks corners with his shot.  But when he's not on?  He takes a lot of shots into the logo.  He doesn't skate as hard when he has the puck.  He looks to get the puck back to the point too often.  His passes on give and gos are off.

In other words, the gap between his two levels is pretty significant.  Top end is better than a point/game player, but the "standard" level is more like a .60 or .70 p/g player, and most of that is the kind of hard-work production you expect from a guy with his motor.

DK's creativity is obvious at both high end and standard performance.  Where he drops is execution of his creative plays - mostly the usual story of not shooting enough or trying to do too much.  He's the better offensive player.  No slight to Bergeron to say that.  I mean, Datsyuk was compared to Krejci, not the other way around....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

The Krejci vs. Bergeron debate continues.....

Always fun to compare the two, but the key difference that is often overlooked in the analysis is that Bergeron ALWAYS plays with less skilled talent.  Krecji played with Lucic and Horton all year -- a far more offensively skilled pair than Marchand/Recchi/Peverly.

And, if anybody remembers when Krecji got injured this winter (December I think) and Bergeron centered the first line he put up over a point per game.

I think both are very good, probably under-rated players that are tough to compare directly.  Krecji has quick hands and a soft touch, while Bergeron uses subtle misdirection and great puck protection.  Both have great vision and good shots.  Bergeron is a defensive stud, but Krecji is no slouch himself.

I think the contract question will come down to the development of Spooner and what the Bruins want to do with him.  Seguin is tagged as our future first line center, Bergeron is not going anywhere -- I think he's a Bruin for life (or his next big concussion).   So do the Bruins want to pay two 1st/2nd line centers to center the 2nd and 3rd lines, or do they let Krecji go/trade him, have Bergeron as the second line center and play Spooner on the third line for short money.

Part of me thinks they want to keep Krecji and Bergeron, which is why they let Joe Colborne go in the Kaberle deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

DK:
    Leads NHL in Goals - 11
    4th in points 20
    First in GWG - 4

extend this man and extend him soon. He has improved so much over the last month its just rediculous. I love the extra work he has put in the Dzone and the fact that he's added shooting to his list of weapons has made him so much more dangerous. Its not the hardest shot but it has to be one of the most accurate.

I'd go 4-5years 5-5.5 per But if he wants to take a team discount 3 years 4.5mil and a big raise after that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]DK: Leads NHL in Goals - 11 4th in points 20 First in GWG - 4 extend this man and extend him soon. He has improved so much over the last month its just rediculous. I love the extra work he has put in the Dzone and the fact that he's added shooting to his list of weapons has made him so much more dangerous. Its not the hardest shot but it has to be one of the most accurate. I'd go 4-5years 5-5.5 per But if he wants to take a team discount 3 years 4.5mil and a big raise after that.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

What I like most about him is he is becoming a big stage player.  His best hockey last year was at the Olympics and after.  He has some significant dormant periods but he seems to pick his game up when it is most needed.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]The Krejci vs. Bergeron debate continues..... Always fun to compare the two, but the key difference that is often overlooked in the analysis is that Bergeron ALWAYS plays with less skilled talent.  Krecji played with Lucic and Horton all year -- a far more offensively skilled pair than Marchand/Recchi/Peverly. And, if anybody remembers when Krecji got injured this winter (December I think) and Bergeron centered the first line he put up over a point per game. I think both are very good, probably under-rated players that are tough to compare directly.  Krecji has quick hands and a soft touch, while Bergeron uses subtle misdirection and great puck protection.  Both have great vision and good shots.  Bergeron is a defensive stud, but Krecji is no slouch himself. I think the contract question will come down to the development of Spooner and what the Bruins want to do with him.  Seguin is tagged as our future first line center, Bergeron is not going anywhere -- I think he's a Bruin for life (or his next big concussion).   So do the Bruins want to pay two 1st/2nd line centers to center the 2nd and 3rd lines, or do they let Krecji go/trade him, have Bergeron as the second line center and play Spooner on the third line for short money. Part of me thinks they want to keep Krecji and Bergeron, which is why they let Joe Colborne go in the Kaberle deal.
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

That's a very good point on Spooner. It's very possible they just move him to wing. most scouts see him as a future winger, not a center because of his size.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IHey Newfie, love your passion but enjoy the finals
    Krejci is not going anywhere!!n Response to David Krejci contract?:
    [QUOTE]If the Bruins are smart they will try & get this guy signed longterm when they can renegotiate with him. The guy is an outstanding hockey player & seems to not get the credit he deserves & seems to be underrated around the league. He has elevated his play as the playoffs have progressed. He was awesome last night in all 3 zones. I honestly don't know if I have seen a better Bruins player in all 3 zones since Adam Oates. He doesn't jump off the page at you in any one aspect but just continually gets better the older he gets. He struggled in the Montreal series offensively but I don't think the Canadians get enough credit for how they played him. They made it a point to key in on Krejci because they knew after seeing the Bruins so much that he was the key. Since that series he has accumalated 19 points in 14 games while being outstanding defensively. I believe Chia & company realize how good he is & will get something done. But what a cerebral player & joy to watch him play the game. Elite hockey sense & I think is on the verge of becoming a top 15 player in the game. Extremely impressed with this guy. For a team that is supposed to have no elite talent this guy is getting pretty close to joining that elite club. I don't think he gets the media accolades that he deserves nationally & especially locally in Boston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would say DK is slightly better offensively than PB becuase he has better fundamental tools for that role: slightly faster, better puckhandler.  PB is probably the better total package, and doesn't get the offensive chances because he is so good at the defensive game.  Good thing is they are both Bruins.  Expect DK to stay a Bruin, his agent is Chiarelli's former partner and DK is not likely to ask for the moon.  The Bruins also have the cap space to sign him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]"Will he sign a cap friendly contract like the leaders of this team have done, Chara and Bergeron?" Scooter, I say this ends up being like the Bobby Ryan situation no matter what Krejci and his agent wants Chiarelli has control with the RFA in play. My take is David will demand just a 3 year but PC won't demand a 5 year like Murray did with Ryan last summer. Krejci will want that big payday at the end of his next contract like Bergeron wants at the end of his current extension he signed in the fall.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Disagree.

PC's M.O. has been to avoid confrontation even at the cost of paying more than what is deserved. That might be because of the reputation of the Bruins/Jacobs/Sinden/O'Connell he has to tried to overcome, but it also might be for the sake of harmony.

When DK signed his first extension, he said something like, "I couldn't have imagined making this much money in my life, so I didn't need to get every penny I could have," and, unless his life-view changes, I expect to see the same attitude in the next negotiation.

My bet...$5 million per season cap hit for whatever number of years DK and PC want. There won't be any issue in this negotiation. Heck, the team could be starting their season in central Europe and this deal would get done.

And, as an aside, I like the idea of having a lot of "top players" at the 4-5 million range (Bergy, Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Ryder (I know), Wideman (I know, I know, I know), Savard, Timmy, Seidenberg) and then having enough money to pay for solid depth instead of having two, maybe three, $8 million stars (Chara is our only one, and his cap hit is in the 6's next year) that prevent you from getting those depth players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

first off i don't know who said krejci is faster than bergeron...but you are on crack.

I would really like to see a long long term deal with Krejci. He isn't a guy trying to break the bank. Throw a 12 year 57 million deal his way....see what he says

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Bergeron's a great player, but in terms of offensive game, sorry, Krejci's clearly better.  There are times when PB is dynamic offensively and you wonder if he's turned a corner or found a new level in his game - think January/February or even parts of the first two series.  When he's flying, he takes the puck to the net, makes great give and go passes, turns possession on the boards to a sharp down-low feed, and picks corners with his shot.  But when he's not on?  He takes a lot of shots into the logo.  He doesn't skate as hard when he has the puck.  He looks to get the puck back to the point too often.  His passes on give and gos are off. In other words, the gap between his two levels is pretty significant.  Top end is better than a point/game player, but the "standard" level is more like a .60 or .70 p/g player, and most of that is the kind of hard-work production you expect from a guy with his motor. DK's creativity is obvious at both high end and standard performance.  Where he drops is execution of his creative plays - mostly the usual story of not shooting enough or trying to do too much.  He's the better offensive player.  No slight to Bergeron to say that.  I mean, Datsyuk was compared to Krejci , not the other way around....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    DK has a career high of 73 points.......Bergeron-73  points also. Career numbers have DK at 214 pts. in 298 games. By comparison, Bergeron 228 pts. in his first 303 games. By my calculations, the numbers simply don't support your argument. Your opinion and the facts don't mesh. Add in the fact Bergeron plays against the opposition's best line while being flanked by a rookie and an old man and I can't believe this is still a debate........oh well, we've all got an opinion.....cheers to tonight's victory.......    3 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

My opinion on these guys is not unlike Elvis Presly when asked how he feels about all the women he slept with.  "I love them all, I love them all in different ways."  Dauber1, it was me that said Krejci is slightly faster and I think that is definately true.  Not a lot, just a little.  I'm definately not on crack.  Apparently you think Bergie is faster.  That's fine, we don't have any way of knowing who is actually the fastest.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Krejci is my favorite player, but he was not blessed with speed...bergy is really really fast on the other hand. From what i've seen, I don't think its even close

Sections
Shortcuts