David Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

David Krejci

Ok. Enough is enough. Is David Krejci clinically averse to glory? Is David Krejci genetically predisposed to NOT being the hero? At least once, every game, he finds himself with a gaping net, in a GOLDEN position with the perfect opportunity to help the Bruins - GREATLY - and he WILL NOT or CANNOT - FINISH!!

He is the Bruins #1 Centre.

Time to act like one. Tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: David Krejci

I believe he's an RFA after next season. Unless he either shows improvment in putting the puck in the net more often, or becomes a junior version of Henrik Sedin (with all the assists), it'll be interesting to see what happens with him. IMO, he's not your ideal 1st line Centre.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In Response to David Krejci:
    [QUOTE]Ok. Enough is enough. Is David Krejci clinically averse to glory? Is David Krejci genetically predisposed to NOT being the hero? At least once, every game, he finds himself with a gaping net, in a GOLDEN position with the perfect opportunity to help the Bruins - GREATLY - and he WILL NOT or CANNOT - FINISH!! He is the Bruins #1 Centre. Time to act like one. Tonight.
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree! How many "in front of the net" opportunities can this guy get! Honestly, it's like he goes into convulsions when he gets the puck in front of the net for God's sake!!! (Not to bring God into it!) Why dosen't this guy EVER shoot?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In Response to Re: David Krejci:
    [QUOTE]I believe he's an RFA after next season. Unless he either shows improvment in putting the puck in the net more often, or becomes a junior version of Henrik Sedin (with all the assists), it'll be interesting to see what happens with him. IMO, he's not your ideal 1st line Centre.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Let him go! He never touches a soul, he hardly EVER shoots. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I was saying it last night multiple times, if we had Seguin in a few years from now (assuming he develops into the #1 sniping center we all believe he will)

We win that game at least 3-2. The 3-1 infront of price where krejci tried to dish to horton rather than shoot from the high slot with Price sliding and a GREAT opportunity to shot, he gives the puck away.

The fumble infront of price on the Marchand feed, I think seguin has the hands to handle that. Im not saying Seguin is the better player now but in those positions I believe he would've burried 1 or both of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernB. Show NorthernB's posts

I was hoping the DK that played in the Olympics was the DK playing in the Playoffs.... he was dynamic and confident...

Unfortunately this is not the case.

Go Bruins

BBB

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

I agree that Krejci has to do more but the main problem is that his wingers are playing at about 25% of what they should be.  Looch's best 2 periods of the playoffs were the 2nd and 3rd last night!  He didn't cough up any pucks or pass on body contact that resulted in a Habs scoring chance.  I like Looch and he's shown in the past that he's a force so I'm guessing he's playing with two broken legs or something, right? 

Bottom line is that if Looch and Horton were skating and getting open, Krejci could be looking like the playmaker that he's supposed to be.  With them out there hiding I'm not sure any center in the league would be productive out there with them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If he doesn't show up tonight like last night the Bruins are toast but somehow I think he will. Like Kaberle he needs to look for shots not always look to pass my only gripe with David.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

There is almost no way to teach it - well, actually, Krejci could check out Jonathon Toews' Series-saving last-minute goal against the Canucks last night.

That's what a #1 Centre does. It's about more than stats. It's about timing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Sebagoking, good points. Let's all be honest, this team does not really have a lot of skill amongst the forward groups, particularly on the wings. I'm not saying they don't have any talent, they do, but honestly, recent history proves that teams that either A.) Win the Cup B.) Get to the Cup or C.) Go to the Conference Finals, ALL have atleast one elite/upper-echelon forward. Until the Bruins team goes out and either develops one (Seguin, perhaps) or shells out the money in free agency (IE: Brad Richards for example), they won't go far. They are trying to sell to us that having a team with 4 guys who score around 20-25, and a team with about 6-7 other guys who score around 15 will get it done. Newsflash, it will not.

And by recent history, I don't mean the last few years, I mean as in like from 2003-2004 on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Yea, Kaberle too, when they said, 'He doesn't shoot', they weren't kidding -
    he really... doesn't shoot.

He makes deft, quick moves with the puck to place himself 12 feet and a nifty backhand away from the Goal, with no one between he and Price, and he's looking to pass. Maddening.

Lucic - his play and approach to this Series - if you could call it an 'approach'  - is almost creeping me out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that Krejci has to do more but the main problem is that his wingers are playing at about 25% of what they should be.  Looch's best 2 periods of the playoffs were the 2nd and 3rd last night!  He didn't cough up any pucks or pass on body contact that resulted in a Habs scoring chance.  I like Looch and he's shown in the past that he's a force so I'm guessing he's playing with two broken legs or something, right?  Bottom line is that if Looch and Horton were skating and getting open, Krejci could be looking like the playmaker that he's supposed to be.  With them out there hiding I'm not sure any center in the league would be productive out there with them.
    Posted by sebagoking[/QUOTE]

They are skating ! It just seems like they are not because they are both too slow for Montreal's speed !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]Sebagoking, good points. Let's all be honest, this team does not really have a lot of skill amongst the forward groups, particularly on the wings. I'm not saying they don't have any talent, they do, but honestly, recent history proves that teams that either A.) Win the Cup B.) Get to the Cup or C.) Go to the Conference Finals, ALL have atleast one elite/upper-echelon forward. Until the Bruins team goes out and either develops one (Seguin, perhaps) or shells out the money in free agency (IE: Brad Richards for example), they won't go far. They are trying to sell to us that having a team with 4 guys who score around 20-25, and a team with about 6-7 other guys who score around 15 will get it done. Newsflash, it will not. And by recent history, I don't mean the last few years, I mean as in like from 2003-2004 on.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Hogwash ! This is the best team Boston has put together since the Orr/Esposito era  ! Once we get by Montreal we'll beat Philly in 5 ! 

You read it here first !!!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Who...Krejci Janney?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

hes not an in close shooter, hes a perimeter player. He is having a tough series, hopefully he can snap out of it 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

As I said on another post, Krejci tends to hold onto the puck, make some fancy moves, then tries to dish to Horton or Lucic most of the time. He needs to shoot some more and really increase his net front presence as the centermen.....

He seems a bit light on the puck to me as well.

The whole just seems out of sync in this round. No real flow to their play. Perhaps credit is due to the line they are playing against, since they were a pretty good force during the regular season.

I'll forgive them if they put the winning goal in tonight!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Krejci is S-O-F-T! He wears the Boston Bruins laundry, but boy is this guy soft! Come to think of it, calling him soft is an insult to the word soft!

Sections
Shortcuts