David Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: David Krejci

The biggest difference between the Krejci line and the Bergeron line right now is that they're beating guys one on one and using the opening to take the puck to the net.  Horton comes down the wing on Krejci's PPG, retrieves the puck, and keeps going to beat the man which creates the space to make the hard pass across to Krejci.  Lucic keeps barreling in looking to get the corner, and he's oh, so due to have the puck start going in.  The second and third lines either aren't able to make that one move to beat a check and create a little chaos, or they beat a guy, but it's along the boards or in the corner, so there's no momentum to the net, and it's way too easy for the D to recover.

If there's one thing about DK I give him all the credit in the world for?  He's become a dual threat.  He scores goals like a scorer now; he doesn't spend all his time looking to get to his "office" like JT Superstar used to so he could feather a pass to one of his shooters.  Something just changed in his game on the Cup run when he led the playoffs in goals - like he suddenly realized you don't have to have a howitzer shot if you shoot accurately and at the right time.  His point total from 10-11 and 11-12 didn't change, but his goal total went up 10 and his assists down 10.  With Pardubice, he had 16 goals and only 11 assists.  You see the effect of his shooting on Lucic's point totals, too - as bad a year as Lucic had in terms of scoring, his assists total is right on par with what he did last year - about 0.435 assists per game.  And like we saw in game three, when Lucic can bull rush to create space, he's a pretty decent passer in terms of making a play off of that rush.

Man, I bet they could get Bobby Ryan for him straight up if they traded him now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm glad David Krejci showed up in the 1st round this year against the vaunted overpowering Toronto defense. It is great that he has woken up and done his job.

Apr 25 '12   WSH @ BOS     0     0     0        
    Apr 22 '12   BOS @ WSH     1     1     2        
    Apr 21 '12   WSH @ BOS     0     1     1       
    Apr 19 '12   BOS @ WSH     0     0     0       
    Apr 16 '12   BOS @ WSH     0     0     0       
    Apr 14 '12   WSH @ BOS     0     0     0  
    Apr 12 '12   WSH @ BOS     0     0     0

Hope he shows up in the next round against better goalies and hotter teams that don't have captains named Phanuef. Cmon lets here that spin, call me knitty picking. LoL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Frosted hair..........the envy of bald men. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

2011 NHL Playoffs Summary

Previous YearNext Year

Navigation:Select Page Summary Leaders Skater Statistics Goalie Statistics

League Champion: Boston Bruins

Conn Smythe Trophy: Tim Thomas (16-9, 1.98 GAA)

Goals Leader: David Krejci (12)
    Assists Leader: Henrik Sedin (19)
    Points Leader: David Krejci (23

)He  led in goals and points in the 2011 cup run.

If his line goes he goes, you got to like how lucic and horton have stepped it up also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He's actually played well all year. Some games he looked like he was playing by himself. Horton and Lucic both looked out of synch most of the year but are certainly stepping up now. If that second line gets hot, we'll go far. I think Friday's game will be their time to shine, as they did all season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Krejci hit the post with a gapping open net early in the game, and missed a golden opportunity to end it  with under a minute to go. Should have had a hat trick in regulation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Regardless of what happens from here i really dont know or care.  but i do know i will never acknowledge the trade Krejci idiots ever again. will they ever learn?

GO BRUINS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jaymiller's comment:

Krejci hit the post with a gapping open net early in the game, and missed a golden opportunity to end it  with under a minute to go. Should have had a hat trick in regulation.

I love this place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

I've been posting this for the past 4 years now and I'm posting it again.

KREJCI AND BERGERON ARE UNTOUCHABLE TO THIS ORGNIZATION!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to jaymiller's comment:

I love this place.

Seriously.  I would take a regulation win over an OT win anyday, but what an exciting game with an exciting finish.  Cant believe people are still complaining.  Enjoy the game!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I have vocalized my absolute disdain for the fact that every single armchair GM deal on this board begins w/ trading Krejci.

He's awesome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Great season all around.  33 pts in 47 games despite playing with two wingers who looked like average third liners for most of the year.

If he wasnt a line 1 center coming into this year, he is one now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to dannycater's comment:

rufus, i always point to that in that series...he got hurt, and the team just came off at the wheels. he is essentially an MVP in the playoffs.

When he got hurt it was the same time the Flyers got Gagne back.

Well, multiple things need to happen for an epic collapse like that to happen.  Krejci getting hurt was a giant one, Gagne coming back was a giant one as well....There were various other contributing factors as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

It's probably a good thing he doesn't perform like this in the regular season.

If he did, the Bruins wouldn't be able to afford him.

If Horton and Lucic played during the regular season like they are playing right now....His numbers from the regular season would be gawdy.  He's been great for most of this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not taking anything away from dk.  He does have very good wingers.  One of which is playing for a big pay day.  Im just they are all clicking.  Once big game brad wakes up this team will be scary.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I'm glad David Krejci showed up in the 1st round this year against the vaunted overpowering Toronto defense. It is great that he has woken up and done his job.

Hope he shows up in the next round against better goalies and hotter teams that don't have captains named Phanuef. Cmon lets here that spin, call me knitty picking. LoL

I know your knitpicking sandog but if i remember correctly everyone on the team had trouble scoring against Hunter's 5 players in front of the goalie strategy.They made Holtby look like a sheet of plywood. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

If Horton and Lucic played during the regular season like they are playing right now....His numbers from the regular season would be gawdy.  He's been great for most of this season.

The line is hot but lets not go over board here.  Dk is a clutch playoff guy who benefits from playing with two solid 25 goal guys.   Dk if better maybe lucic horton are 40 goal guys.  Works both ways.  Dk is a 60 pt guy what makes you think he is anything more?   There is nothing wrong with this.  In a different system where they utilize top lines more and less def maybe hes a 70 possibly 80 pt guy.  im happy with what he does.  Still not a big fan though.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

When he first came to the Bs I was a big fan.  Then in the playoffs in 2009 in particular and then 2010, he seemed fragile or injury prone.  His injuries definitely affected the team's play.  2011, spectacular play!  What else can be said of that year and now this round in 2013.  I still maintain he is not a number one center, and then contrarily I think of Brad Richards.  Now there is a number one center who is not showing up.  I will shut up now.  Stay healthy my friend (DK)! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Not taking anything away from dk.  He does have very good wingers.  One of which is playing for a big pay day.  Im just they are all clicking.  Once big game brad wakes up this team will be scary.  

So true, i was thinking this that marchand if he can get it going will once again make that line a force. It really does take all 3 to make it happen. Good things to come

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

The line is hot but lets not go over board here.  Dk is a clutch playoff guy who benefits from playing with two solid 25 goal guys.   Dk if better maybe lucic horton are 40 goal guys.  Works both ways.  Dk is a 60 pt guy what makes you think he is anything more?   There is nothing wrong with this.  In a different system where they utilize top lines more and less def maybe hes a 70 possibly 80 pt guy.  im happy with what he does.  Still not a big fan though.  

This is typical of the fans who simply do not credit Krejci, but want to quantify what he does and downgrade his importance. He isn't just a scorer, or someone who generates points. If he were playing alongside Jagr, he would be scoring and getting assists. He finds ways to get a big goal or make a play on a big goal in big games, and it doesn't seem to matter if it's working with a d-man on a rebound, or knocking in a goal after a player from another line works the puck in. Even Carlyle made the point to say he is likely the B's most skilled player. You look at Bergeron, who is a terrific all-around player with great skills, but not so much on the offensive end, not like David. Krejci was so patient on the GW goal and he used Lucic as his decoy. Maybe he isn't the best reg. season player, or maybe he underachieves in the reg. season, but he is as valuable a player as you can have on this roster. The constant trade him posts drive me batty. It's like the Cup run year didn't happen, or his run during the 3-0 choke year v.  Philly when he was putting on a clinic right before his injury. Every time Krejci has the puck in the offensive zone, he is thinking a play ahead, or a pass ahead. He's cerebral and he doesn't get emotional or react like scoring a goal is the end all of life. He has more than enough times set up a Horton or a Lucic, who both are having great playoff runs (thank god). But I still believe Krejci could play with most any 2 solid wingers and produce because he's talented. You are a better player if you play on a line with David, he enhances your ability on scoring chances. I would love for him to play with Jagr just for a few shifts, I bet Jaromir would benefit and vice versa with their passing/playmaking skills. I'm not taking away from Milan or Nathan, but those 2 have gone into fogs that last so long, it's no wonder why Krejci has modest point totals in the reg. season. It's not like Krejci isn't setting them up. Nathan and Milan have stepped up with their best play of the season in the playoffs, but they are rudderless without Krejci in the middle. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I know your knitpicking sandog but if i remember correctly everyone on the team had trouble scoring against Hunter's 5 players in front of the goalie strategy.They made Holtby look like a sheet of plywood. 

You also have to remember after game 2 or 3 he got slammed on the head by a huge sheet of plexiglass. That certainly didn't help him be able to produce.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

You also have to remember after game 2 or 3 he got slammed on the head by a huge sheet of plexiglass. That certainly didn't help him be able to produce.

Forgot about that. Man that could have turned out much worse, those panes of plexiglass are pretty heavy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

~150 lbs or so I've heard. It was the high glass too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Yup.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Knitty picky" is saying Andrew Alberts shouldn't really be considered an NHL player becuase allot of his games were played with the Bruins during the mid to late 2000s. Want to make sure the memories of #46 great success is measured correctly.

Are you saying Tampa's 2011 strategy was worse or better than Dale Hunters last year ?