David Krejci

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: David Krejci

Re: Andrew Alberts - I think that's entirely reasonable.  I think he's a guy who will have had the huge fortune to have played for a franchise that was razor thin for talent, so he had the lowest of bars to get over in order to start playing in the league. Once in the league, he has been able to hang around longer than I'd have thought.  But if he had come into about 20 other organizations at that time, I don't know that he'd have gotten enough coffee call-ups to stay awake watching his own highlight reel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

The line is hot but lets not go over board here.  Dk is a clutch playoff guy who benefits from playing with two solid 25 goal guys.   Dk if better maybe lucic horton are 40 goal guys.  Works both ways.  Dk is a 60 pt guy what makes you think he is anything more?   There is nothing wrong with this.  In a different system where they utilize top lines more and less def maybe hes a 70 possibly 80 pt guy.  im happy with what he does.  Still not a big fan though.  

This is typical of the fans who simply do not credit Krejci, but want to quantify what he does and downgrade his importance. He isn't just a scorer, or someone who generates points. If he were playing alongside Jagr, he would be scoring and getting assists. He finds ways to get a big goal or make a play on a big goal in big games, and it doesn't seem to matter if it's working with a d-man on a rebound, or knocking in a goal after a player from another line works the puck in. Even Carlyle made the point to say he is likely the B's most skilled player. You look at Bergeron, who is a terrific all-around player with great skills, but not so much on the offensive end, not like David. Krejci was so patient on the GW goal and he used Lucic as his decoy. Maybe he isn't the best reg. season player, or maybe he underachieves in the reg. season, but he is as valuable a player as you can have on this roster. The constant trade him posts drive me batty. It's like the Cup run year didn't happen, or his run during the 3-0 choke year v.  Philly when he was putting on a clinic right before his injury. Every time Krejci has the puck in the offensive zone, he is thinking a play ahead, or a pass ahead. He's cerebral and he doesn't get emotional or react like scoring a goal is the end all of life. He has more than enough times set up a Horton or a Lucic, who both are having great playoff runs (thank god). But I still believe Krejci could play with most any 2 solid wingers and produce because he's talented. You are a better player if you play on a line with David, he enhances your ability on scoring chances. I would love for him to play with Jagr just for a few shifts, I bet Jaromir would benefit and vice versa with their passing/playmaking skills. I'm not taking away from Milan or Nathan, but those 2 have gone into fogs that last so long, it's no wonder why Krejci has modest point totals in the reg. season. It's not like Krejci isn't setting them up. Nathan and Milan have stepped up with their best play of the season in the playoffs, but they are rudderless without Krejci in the middle. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of what you said. Horts was a 25 goal man before he played with DK & he did that with a lesser skilled Weiss. Lucic when he's on his game & his game isn't just moving his feet. The guys been a magnet with the puck even in the cup run he didn't contain the puck this well. He's come off the boards with the puck battling with 2 other Leafs & one of his own d-men in the mix. So, you & Shupe are both guilty of the same thing here. He's under valueing DK & you're under valueing Looch & Horts! You wish DK to play with JJ? WHY? The line is blowing every other line away in the play-offs & you want to have DK play with Jagr? I don't get that mindset 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Horton is currently outplaying Jagr by a mile. It's no contest. Sadly though, I thought Seguin took a step backwards last night. He made some very questionable decisions with the puck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Horton is currently outplaying Jagr by a mile. It's no contest. Sadly though, I thought Seguin took a step backwards last night. He made some very questionable decisions with the puck.

Yea I thought this was Bergeron's best game, but Seguin certainly looked out of sorts last night. I thought Brad's game was a bit better at puck control last nite. He was struggling with it the first 3 games, so now that all 3 got rid of some mediocore to poor play out of the way. Let's see them shine like they did all season! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Yea I thought this was Bergeron's best game, but Seguin certainly looked out of sorts last night. I thought Brad's game was a bit better at puck control last nite. He was struggling with it the first 3 games, so now that all 3 got rid of some mediocore to poor play out of the way. Let's see them shine like they did all season! 

Yeah Nite, that line is actually one aspect of the Bruins that I don't worry at all about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Horton has outplayed Jagr by far this poatseason. Jagr looks as though his age is starting to show now that the playoffs have begun. He just doesn't have the mobility to make full use of his arsenal. 

Horton, on the other hand, has picked up his game immensely. He is displaying some of the abilities that made him a high first round draft pick years ago and continuing his streak of clutch playoff performances.

I don't see a reason at this point to flip the two.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

funny you say that, in the 2 games in Boston even if Seguin didn't score I really liked his surge and agressiveness.  Game 3 a litte less and last night even more.  I'm not worried as many other Bruin fans, it'll come.  The same goes for Marchand.

Jagr I can't get on his case, he's in a class of his own the way he plays, now if he had better linemates and would not be scoring then I would be disappointed.  He's ona 3rd line and will be playing against lesser opponents, eventually that line will get some important goals.

I find Redden and Jagr are making the PP look much better.  and how many of you were happy seeing Jagr double shifted in Thorton's spot ?  Jagr like or not is playing a role on this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

From my perspective, it looks as though he is trying to do too much by himself. He is trying to force shots in on the goalie instead of pass to the open man. He also continues to try to force his way through people instead of dumping the puck in or going wide.

The longer he is snakebitten, the more I see him play like this. He looks to be getting very frustrated, and it is showing in his play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

Horton has outplayed Jagr by far this poatseason. Jagr looks as though his age is starting to show now that the playoffs have begun. He just doesn't have the mobility to make full use of his arsenal. 

Horton, on the other hand, has picked up his game immensely. He is displaying some of the abilities that made him a high first round draft pick years ago and continuing his streak of clutch playoff performances.

I don't see a reason at this point to flip the two.

OK wait a minute! Just because JJ isn't playing with DK, doesn't mean he couldn't. I'm sorry but I refuse to place blame on JJ when he hasn't been playing with much help. The PP hasn't had this much confidence since Savard was healthy. He may not be involved on the PP that scores, but I think he's put in his 2 cents since he's arrived & NOBODY is going tell me it's just a coincidence that the pp & Ward just had a brainfart & it became better! So, Jagr doesn't have to show up on the scoresheet for me to appreciate how he's made this Bruins team BETTER! A lot of you really need to open your mind & not just your eyes here! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

funny you say that, in the 2 games in Boston even if Seguin didn't score I really liked his surge and agressiveness.  Game 3 a litte less and last night even more.  I'm not worried as many other Bruin fans, it'll come.  The same goes for Marchand.

Jagr I can't get on his case, he's in a class of his own the way he plays, now if he had better linemates and would not be scoring then I would be disappointed.  He's ona 3rd line and will be playing against lesser opponents, eventually that line will get some important goals.

I find Redden and Jagr are making the PP look much better.  and how many of you were happy seeing Jagr double shifted in Thorton's spot ?  Jagr like or not is playing a role on this team.

BsL, I don't have any real issues with Jagr's play. My issue is with the people suggesting he needs to move up to one of the top lines to play better. Maybe if he played better, he could then move up. I like the way CJ is using Jagr. 3rd line and PP time was exactly what I was expecting when they acquired him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BsL, I don't have any real issues with Jagr's play. My issue is with the people suggesting he needs to move up to one of the top lines to play better. Maybe if he played better, he could then move up. I like the way CJ is using Jagr. 3rd line and PP time was exactly what I was expecting when they acquired him.

yup that's whay I'm saying also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

OK wait a minute! Just because JJ isn't playing with DK, doesn't mean he couldn't. I'm sorry but I refuse to place blame on JJ when he hasn't been playing with much help. The PP hasn't had this much confidence since Savard was healthy. He may not be involved on the PP that scores, but I think he's put in his 2 cents since he's arrived & NOBODY is going tell me it's just a coincidence that the pp & Ward just had a brainfart & it became better! So, Jagr doesn't have to show up on the scoresheet for me to appreciate how he's made this Bruins team BETTER! A lot of you really need to open your mind & not just your eyes here! 

Perhaps the way I put it was not the best. I meant to say that while Jagr is playing okay, it looks as though he is trying to force some plays that he could possibly have performed with more success had he been younger. Since the playoffs began, he has struggled a bit more when trying to make these plays.

Obviously if he had better linemates, he may not have to force these plays in the first place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Frustration is really setting in on him,he needs something to go in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Perhaps the way I put it was not the best. I meant to say that while Jagr is playing okay, it looks as though he is trying to force some plays that he could possibly have performed with more success had he been younger. Since the playoffs began, he has struggled a bit more when trying to make these plays.

Obviously if he had better linemates, he may not have to force these plays in the first place.

He was quoted as having said that he was still feeling the effects of the flu.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Funny thing about Jagr, when reading comments from TO fans they praise him for his puck possession and control and describe him as always dangerous.

Not as much love given from Bruins fans it seems.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Funny thing about Jagr, when reading comments from TO fans they praise him for his puck possession and control and describe him as always dangerous.

Not as much love given from Bruins fans it seems.

We,as Bruin's fans, expect alot more from our third liners, such as a goal a game and an assist or two.Leaf fans do not know of B's fans expectations thus the overblown infatuation with his puck possession. ;-D

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

From my perspective, it looks as though he is trying to do too much by himself. He is trying to force shots in on the goalie instead of pass to the open man. He also continues to try to force his way through people instead of dumping the puck in or going wide.

The longer he is snakebitten, the more I see him play like this. He looks to be getting very frustrated, and it is showing in his play.

He's trying to pass the puck through people. It seems he's trying low percentage plays when keeping it simple would do the trick. I agree that he's snakebitten and that a single goal could turn it all around.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Krejci and Bergeron are the quiet captains on this team. When Chara retires who do you give the C to? Also, Ill give Seguin one more game to get his head on or Id switch him out for Jagr. Not that we need his scoring. That will come...just watch but he really dingled and dangled and coughed it up a few too many times the past 3 games. I love his play and the kid is going to be nasty once he gets into his mid 20s but right now he looks timid of getting hit.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

He's had a great season to boot, considering Lucic's and Horton's struggles.  This was his coming out year.   

Not that the other guys have been sluggish in this series (although Seguin is one candidate), but if that kind of one-man show can kick the whole squad up a gear to rake the Leafs away for good in Game 5, it would be super sweet.   Then, rest the bumps and bruises for the next opponent.

Part of their struggles were a result of Krejci not showing up for long stretches. Feel free to blame Horton and Lucic for all of the world's ills. It's been that way all year. Why stop now? So in conclusion, it would seem your blaming his wingers for Krejci's cold stretches but you're giving Krejci all of the credit for his wingers current hot streaks. Do I have that straight? Is that what you're suggesting?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Regarding Jagr moving up to one of the top two lines = more minutes.

Watching his play in last year's playoffs he seemed to fade after the first round against the Pens playing on the Flyers top line. 

Those old legs are just not equipped to being on the ice as much as they used to be. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Part of their struggles were a result of Krejci not showing up for long stretches.

This is what concerns me the most. Some of the blame, not all, has to go to his linemates and some goes to Krejci. I don't think that is unfair.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Part of their struggles were a result of Krejci not showing up for long stretches.

This is what concerns me the most. Some of the blame, not all, has to go to his linemates and some goes to Krejci. I don't think that is unfair.

I think you're spot on San. It was as if they all took turns playing well and now they're finally on the same page. DK himself even credited Horton with being the guy who made the key play that led to the Bruins 3rd and 4th goals. DK is playing fantastic but much of that is a direct result of his wingers dominating along the wall and creating space for him to operate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think you're spot on San. It was as if they all took turns playing well and now they're finally on the same page. DK himself even credited Horton with being the guy who made the key play that led to the Bruins 3rd and 4th goals. DK is playing fantastic but much of that is a direct result of his wingers dominating along the wall and creating space for him to operate.

I concur.  Sure makes me appreciate a guy like Iginla who had nothing to play with and still would dominate. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I concur.  Sure makes me appreciate a guy like Iginla who had nothing to play with and still would dominate. 

[/QUOTE]

WHO?? Do you mean the guy who thinks he's so important that he can go back on his word at the last second & make the call of what a franchise gets to replace him? In the process making  his GM & front office team look like bigger IDIOTS than they already looked? That Iginla? I loved that guy, but I lost all respect for him after what he pulled. Not because he ditched the Bruins. I think the guy had every right to say where he wanted to go. However, he never should've said 4 teams. He should've said ONE!!