Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos

In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos:
    In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos : I did not say we would be able to get Fowler, I was only making a point if you were to go after any Ana D guy and be giving up a prospect and a first round pick, you better be getting Fowler.  It's not going to happen as he is their future on the blueline.  I'm just merely day dreaming about the prospect of him on our blue line..
    Posted by mb30

"I would however, consider a trade involving a 1st rounder, boychuk, and hamill for a deal involving Cam Fowler."

That's not what you said...at all.  What you said was that you'd be okay if the B's traded a very late first round pick, a #4 or #5 defenseman with an expiring contract and an AHLer for a kid that is going to be a stud.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxFanPeds. Show BoSoxFanPeds's posts

The Bruins Have Worked On Chemistry For Forty Years!!!!   Now They Have It and You Stooges Want to Throw It Out The Window...Your as bad as some of Sportswriters we have in the Hub....The Only Trades The Bruins Should make are trading down in the Draft....Giving up players that can't make the team for draft picks from the lower 15 teams in the first and second rounds....Outside of those rounds it is more likely that any of those players don't see the NHL...Some have but it's not the norm... I Say Package some players and move down in the draft  in the top 10.  Something the Patriots choose not to do to get better....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

The Bruins Have Worked On Chemistry For Forty Years!!!!   Now They Have It and You Stooges Want to Throw It Out The Window...Your as bad as some of Sportswriters we have in the Hub....The Only Trades The Bruins Should make are trading down in the Draft....Giving up players that can't make the team for draft picks from the lower 15 teams in the first and second rounds....Outside of those rounds it is more likely that any of those players don't see the NHL...Some have but it's not the norm... I Say Package some players and move down in the draft  in the top 10.  Something the Patriots choose not to do to get better....
    Posted by BoSoxFanPeds

pretty sure trading an AHLer, your worst d man and a pick isn't blowing up the team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos : "I would however, consider a trade involving a 1st rounder, boychuk, and hamill for a deal involving Cam Fowler." That's not what you said...at all.  What you said was that you'd be okay if the B's traded a very late first round pick, a #4 or #5 defenseman with an expiring contract and an AHLer for a kid that is going to be a stud.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

The keyword in that was "involving".  Clearly we would have to throw more at the deal than just Hamill, Boychuk, and a late 1st round pick.  I wasn't putting together a deal to send to Anaheim's GM, just merely speculating that it could be a starting point.

"What you said was that you'd be okay if the B's traded a very late first round pick, a #4 or #5 defenseman with an expiring contract and an AHLer for a kid that is going to be a stud."  .....uhh yeah, I would absolutely be okay with that. If that happened I think it would be safe to say Chiarelli has Jedi powers, and Anaheim's GM would no longer be employed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Selanne can sure help us, remember he got 40? goals last yr...easily becomes our best scorer.... Beauchemin wont win any norris trophy, but he is a good depth guy with leadership qualities....and one of the best open ice hitters in the game Fowler is who you  build around, not trade
    Posted by darrenryan

xbox or ps?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Almost as bad as Krejci ++ for Ryan

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos : "I would however, consider a trade involving a 1st rounder, boychuk, and hamill for a deal involving Cam Fowler." That's not what you said...at all.  What you said was that you'd be okay if the B's traded a very late first round pick, a #4 or #5 defenseman with an expiring contract and an AHLer for a kid that is going to be a stud.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

To be fair I think anyone would make that deal.... Except for the Ducks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Probably not happening. Selanne is very, very unlikey to be traded.  But if Beachemin can be signed to a 2-3 year deal for the right dough, I might bite if you swith the 1st out for another prospect or a 3rd.

In Response to Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos:
    Just thinking about possible fits for the deadline....i think Anaheim could be a great trade partner.....thoughts on this deal? To Boston Francois Beauchemin....both free agents to be Teemu Salenne To Anaheim Zack Hamill Johnny Boychuk 1st round pick
    Posted by darrenryan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

The B's have gone 20-2-1 in the last 23 games. Sure lets trade people.

I like Teemu, but his career is almost over. Could be his last season. So, not worth trading for. In fact, there is no point to trade for anyone. The team is as you see it and will be competing for the cup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The B's have gone 20-2-1 in the last 23 games. Sure lets trade people. I like Teemu, but his career is almost over. Could be his last season. So, not worth trading for. In fact, there is no point to trade for anyone. The team is as you see it and will be competing for the cup.
    Posted by bgrif008

I wouldn't bet on that. I think PC might do some minor tweaking to bring in some depth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos : I wouldn't bet on that. I think PC might do some minor tweaking to bring in some depth.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I agree with both of these points.  This team, as-is will complete for the Cup.  But I'm quite certain that near the trade deadline PC will add depth to the blue line.  That's all the tinkering we need this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Get Ray Whitney from PHX and a depth Dman. No major changes are necessary if Seguin and Pouliet continue to produce like they have................They can trade a Bartkowski, Hamill or Kamfer and a draft pick

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

despite being a lifelong B's fan I live in Texas so I am out of the loop allot when it comes to personal. But I still feel strongly that the B's only have 2 top four defenseman in Chara and Seids. All the other guys are third pair talent in my humble opinion. So if another Cup is to be had I do believe adding another top 4 defenseman would be essential. Looking at the teams that are at the bottom of the points now, are there any quality D on those teams that might be in the last year of their contracts? Looks like Columbus, Carolina, Islanders and Ducks. Any D on those teams that would be worth trolling for?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

They won the Cup last year with Kaberle. We don't need another Kaberle. Chara, Seids, Boychuk, Corvo, Ference and McQuaid is more than enuf with Thomas in net. I'd add a solid veteran 4/5th Dman for depth which will be cheap. They don't need to go looking for another Kaberle and spend the farm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sndeane. Show sndeane's posts

The Bruins are in the top 3 in the league in goals scored (5v5), goals against (5v5), and PK.  They're top 10 (?) in PP. 

Barring injury or a nosedive in someone's play, there's no reason to make a trade.  The Bruins are well stocked with picks, shape up against the cap well next season, and are playing really well.  Why make a trade?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

When healthy Ference is a top 4 dman. McQuaid is likely to hit that point by the end of the season. Boychuck is a borderline 4/5 guy in my book, ditto Corvo depending on where there heads are at.

despite being a lifelong B's fan I live in Texas so I am out of the loop allot when it comes to personal. But I still feel strongly that the B's only have 2 top four defenseman in Chara and Seids. All the other guys are third pair talent in my humble opinion. So if another Cup is to be had I do believe adding another top 4 defenseman would be essential. Looking at the teams that are at the bottom of the points now, are there any quality D on those teams that might be in the last year of their contracts? Looks like Columbus, Carolina, Islanders and Ducks. Any D on those teams that would be worth trolling for?
    Posted by pumpsiefan

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Ahh, no

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

There is zero reason for this trade to occur and even less if PC's nature is taken into account.

Last year's pickups should be the template for analysis. Nothing major, just tweaks to address minor holes or add depth.

Gettiing rid of our leading scorer in the playoffs last year is nonsensical and espcially so since he just signed a decent contract.

Sorry....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'm all for the B's bringing in a guy like Teddy Purcell, but at the right price.
    Yeah, it sounds great when you think about what this team could do with a stud player, but really? This team doesn't need a major shake-up. If they need anything, it's a depth player. Either a 3rd pairing d-man or an other two-way forward to play 3rd/4th line.

Not to mention, trade deadline is still a couple months away. This team could look completely different by then....better or worse, stronger or weaker in certain areas, etc. We'll see then.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm all for the B's bringing in a guy like Teddy Purcell, but at the right price. Yeah, it sounds great when you think about what this team could do with a stud player, but really? This team doesn't need a major shake-up. If they need anything, it's a depth player. Either a 3rd pairing d-man or an other two-way forward to play 3rd/4th line. Not to mention, trade deadline is still a couple months away. This team could look completely different by then....better or worse, stronger or weaker in certain areas, etc. We'll see then.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

Where would you like Purcell to play?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

I'm all for the B's bringing in a guy like Teddy Purcell, but at the right price. Yeah, it sounds great when you think about what this team could do with a stud player, but really? This team doesn't need a major shake-up. If they need anything, it's a depth player. Either a 3rd pairing d-man or an other two-way forward to play 3rd/4th line. Not to mention, trade deadline is still a couple months away. This team could look completely different by then....better or worse, stronger or weaker in certain areas, etc. We'll see then.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

Purcell doesn't fit the "2-way 3/4 line" guy.  He's a forward with high offensive skill that we could utilize on the powerplay and for some secondary scoring.  If we were to let Kelly walk next year I wouldn't mind seeing a Pouliot-Peverley-Purcell line.. but that's only because our 3rd line is still an offensive line, and frankly I think I'd still rather have Kelly in that position. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I typically enjoy the idea of a trade or two as over the years we could always find an area to improve to team.  The 2011-12 B's roster is as good and deep as it can possibly get IMO.  No need to act at all until the trade deadline.  At that point see what the status of the roster looks like (injuries, hot and cold players, etc.) and go from there.

If nothing changes from now until the deadline, the only move I would like to see is to add a hungry veteran Dman as a depth/#7 guy.  Our top 6 are fine but the second one goes down, the options are weak IMO.  Kampfer or Bartowski scare me if we need to count on them during a 7 game series.

A perfect fit would be a guy like Steve Staios.  Capable vet who is starving for a Cup.  With the grind of a long season and the amount of minutes our top 6 will eat up, a player like this could be quite valuable come spring. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I agree with adding to the Defense.  I would Love to get someone on par or slightly less valuable then Seidenberg.  If we do great, if not I would add another lesser veteran defenseman for protection from injury and for competition at the end of the bench.  I think Hamill and Caron already provide that on Offense.  Bartkowski has become a non-factor, for this season.  If an injury forced the B's to play Kampfer in the playoffs I don't believe CJ would trust him.  We would essentially be playing shorthanded, that would not be an accceptable crutch for a team with everything else to make another great run.

I'm not really to worrried about this though as PC always seems to make this type of adjustment when needed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

If we're sticking with Anaheim as a trade deadline partner, and want to bolster the D I sure wouldn't mind seeing Visnovsky in a B's jersey.  He's still got a few years left in the tank and is a hell of a player.  Not sure what it would take for Anaheim to let him go though.

Sections
Shortcuts