Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos

I'd say Boychuk, Hamill, and a 3rd/4th round pick should get it done to get Vis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos:
    [QUOTE]I'd say Boychuk, Hamill, and a 3rd/4th round pick should get it done to get Vis.
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

He's third on their defense for total TOI and first on PPTOI.

A (so far) first round bust, depth defenseman and terrible pick might not be enough to make the deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I guess it would depend on Pouliot's progress......but I'm simply stating that a player of that caliber. He would come at a great price (2.5 per).

But high offensive skill? Purcell is an even +/- player on a team with horrendous defense/goaltending, and is looking at about a 45 point season (barring a major setback or a major hotstreak). That's not high offensive skill, and that's not bad two-way game. You saw him in the playoffs step it up big time against the B's, but he doesn't put up numbers like that all the time.

I'd think that if there was an injury somewhere in the bottom six, or Pouliot, Paille or Thorton's games go to hell, Purcell would be a great pick-up. Pouliot's game could be used on the 4th line, and I think Purcell would work really well with Kelly and/or Pevs. Like I said, we'd have to see where this team is headed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]I guess it would depend on Pouliot's progress......but I'm simply stating that a player of that caliber. He would come at a great price (2.5 per). But high offensive skill? Purcell is an even +/- player on a team with horrendous defense/goaltending, and is looking at about a 45 point season (barring a major setback or a major hotstreak). That's not high offensive skill, and that's not bad two-way game. You saw him in the playoffs step it up big time against the B's, but he doesn't put up numbers like that all the time. I'd think that if there was an injury somewhere in the bottom six, or Pouliot, Paille or Thorton's games go to hell, Purcell would be a great pick-up. Pouliot's game could be used on the 4th line, and I think Purcell would work really well with Kelly and/or Pevs. Like I said, we'd have to see where this team is headed.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm a bit misconstrued with my thoughts on Purcell since I watched him play in UMaine, and his game was all offense at UMO.  He's got great hands/vision, but has underachieved offensively in the NHL for the amount of talent he has.  Don't get me wrong, he's definitely a steal at his cap hit though and to his credit has learned the defensive side of the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

NAS - maybenot but it's in the right ballpark and shouldn't take much more.  They don't have a lot of depth at center and the way Hamill has been playing they may want to give him a shot.  He was traded just last year for Whitney and a conditional pick, and IMO Boychuk, Hamill, and a 3rd/4th rounder is pretty close in value.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS - maybenot but it's in the right ballpark and shouldn't take much more.  They don't have a lot of depth at center and the way Hamill has been playing they may want to give him a shot.  He was traded just last year for Whitney and a conditional pick, and IMO Boychuk, Hamill, and a 3rd/4th rounder is pretty close in value.
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

A dime, a shiny penny and pocket lint are not close in value to a quarter, no matter how many times you add them up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Vishnovski...
    To get him unless he's turned into a locker room cancer, or him and the coach can not get along and he's demanding a trade (he's got an NMC) the answer is probably too much.
    Minimum 1st round pick, roster player (maybe Kelly or someone to fill their second line center slot next year) and a prospect. Vishnovski is a top 10 defensemen in the NHL.

[QUOTE]If we're sticking with Anaheim as a trade deadline partner, and want to bolster the D I sure wouldn't mind seeing Visnovsky in a B's jersey.  He's still got a few years left in the tank and is a hell of a player.  Not sure what it would take for Anaheim to let him go though.
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Vishnovski is a top 10 defensemen in the NHL.
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Chara
    Lidstrom
    Weber
    Suter
    Streit
    Yandle
    Karlsson
    Kulikov
    Keith
    Visnovsky?

^  no particular order, off the top of my head

I wouldn't say Top 10, as he's #3 for TOI on his own team, but he's a good defenseman and will take more than spare parts to acquire.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

When is the deadline over so this thread of ridiculous talk will finally end.

And the comment about Boychuk being a third line defenseman shows you do not watch the same type hockey we do. Corvo yes Boy no. Why don't you compare some stats. You may not like the style of play but he is a blue collar guy who is getting it done. I have seen Chara this year cough up just as many passes when he tries to get cute. Chara and Boy are shut down guys and need to stick with their strengths but third pairing is crazy talk once again....Please make this thread end. We are not moving any players. Done and done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos : A dime, a shiny penny and pocket lint are not close in value to a quarter, no matter how many times you add them up.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

A late 3rd round pick isn't necessarily a bad pick.  Visnovsky himself was drafted in the 4th round... and Hamill is looking like he might just be a late bloomer.  Boychuk has developed into a great 4th/5th d-man.  Seems fair to me, but hey I'm not a GM.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Good list, although for total game Girardi is more complete than  Kulikov by a lot, ditto for Staal when healthy, you could also trade out Jay-bo and Bieksa for Streit and or Karlsson but that comes down as much to preference for a given style as anything else. I'm also not 100% on Yandle being on the list (consistency) but I really like his A game.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos : Chara Lidstrom Weber Suter Streit Yandle Karlsson Kulikov Keith Visnovsky? ^  no particular order, off the top of my head I wouldn't say Top 10, as he's #3 for TOI on his own team, but he's a good defenseman and will take more than spare parts to acquire.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Piffle, the deadline only slows it down until the playoffs are over and draft manuvering, off season deals and free agency kick in.

Also Boychuk just makes too many boneheaded choices to be considered a top 3 dman regardless of TOI.

[QUOTE]When is the deadline over so this thread of ridiculous talk will finally end. And the comment about Boychuk being a third line defenseman shows you do not watch the same type hockey we do. Corvo yes Boy no. Why don't you compare some stats. You may not like the style of play but he is a blue collar guy who is getting it done. I have seen Chara this year cough up just as many passes when he tries to get cute. Chara and Boy are shut down guys and need to stick with their strengths but third pairing is crazy talk once again....Please make this thread end. We are not moving any players. Done and done.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos : A late 3rd round pick isn't necessarily a bad pick.  Visnovsky himself was drafted in the 4th round... and Hamill is looking like he might just be a late bloomer.  Boychuk has developed into a great 4th/5th d-man.  Seems fair to me, but hey I'm not a GM.
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]

Hamill is looking like a late bloomer?  Current stats:  6 games, 0 goals, 2 assists.  He has played okay for a few shifts and has been fun to watch, but let's not start thinking he's an NHL player, let alone a chip in a trade.

Yes, Visnovsky was taken in the fourth round.  So were over 25 guys who never played in the NHL.  In fact, only two of the guys drafted in that round have decent NHL careers. 

So, for a good powerplay defenseman who can actually play defense as well, you want to offer a 4/5 defenseman, a guy who hasn't done anything in the NHL despite being drafted four years ago and a 1:15 chance of finding a good player.

Get Anaheim on the phone!  See if they'll include Corey Perry in you include Spooner or Knight.  According to those here, those prospects will be winning Hart and Art Ross trophies for years to come!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Deadline Deal.... Ana - Bos:[QUOTE] If nothing changes from now until the deadline, the only move I would like to see is to add a hungry veteran Dman as a depth/#7 guy.  Our top 6 are fine but the second one goes down, the options are weak IMO.  Kampfer or Bartowski scare me if we need to count on them during a 7 game series. A perfect fit would be a guy like Steve Staios.  Capable vet who is starving for a Cup.  With the grind of a long season and the amount of minutes our top 6 will eat up, a player like this could be quite valuable come spring. Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

I agree that a depth Dman will be the one deal that PC makes . Only other deal that I could see being made is if Chiarelli is blown away by an offer for Kelly who might have priced himself out of Boston, a 1st or a 2nd rounder with a prospect is the only thing I would do.

Sections
Shortcuts