Deal! Call Michael Buffer....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Deal! Call Michael Buffer....

Let's get it ON.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844

Won't be long before there's a Bruin game to watch and there are answers to a few key questions.  Before the lockout, Caron was pencilled into the lineup - will he be there, or will it be Chris Bourque, Christian Hansen, or even Ryan Spooner?  Or...Camara?  The Bruins have 5 proven D with 6 and 7 projected to be Doug Hamilton and Aaron Johnson - is that going to change?  Exelby?  Krug?  Mayan apocalypse has passed; is Timmy out of the bunker looking for work?

Blah, blah, blah anger resentement rich bastiches blah, blah, blah.  Shut up and bring on NHL hockey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dirt Clod Jams. Show Dirt Clod Jams's posts

Re: Deal! Call Michael Buffer....

It's Back!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Good to see...finally.  Hamilton will be with the Bruins but I am not expecting too much from him this season.  I would also not be surprised to see him in press box more than on the ice on game nights.  Lots to learn still.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Amazing, a waste of 3 months.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It's about time. 

Biggest question mark will be goaltending.  Is Rask healthy, or is Khudobin going to be the man?  Are we in for a Flyer-like revolving door in net?  It could be a scary situation but I hope not.

Time to move on from TT.  Adios and thanks for the Cup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Great news, finally.

Heard on the radio that Jordan Caron sustained an "upper-body" the other night and will be out a few weeks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

And barely a minute spare! Both for salvaging a semblance of a season along with most or our collective sanity!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

After a 16 hour marathon session the deal gets done.  Isn't it amazing what can happen once the sides actually get down to talking??

I'm happy for all us puckheads out there. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

It's a 10 year deal with an out option after 8 years.  Does anybody know if it's the owners or the players who can walk away from this deal in 8 years?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This will be interesting.  I think Caron may have played his way off the Big league roster (and I thought I heard he was injured the other night in Providence?).

More importantly, how are the B's going to cut some salary?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm going to the Providence B's game today, (two of my girls have a game right after them)..I'll give a full scouting report after. What good news to wake up to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

First trade rumor ; Caron ,Thomas and Knight to Chicago for Kane.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

This will be interesting.  I think Caron may have played his way off the Big league roster (and I thought I heard he was injured the other night in Providence?).

they don't need to this season, they can spend upto to 70M (upper limit 60m. wtv that means) ,  next season 64.5M

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

First trade rumor ; Caron ,Thomas and Knight to Chicago for Kane.

Nice work Legion. Talk about getting right back into the rumour action. Cheers to a season, regardless of the length. Go Bruins!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

they don't need to this season, they can spend upto to 70M (upper limit 60m. wtv that means) ,  next season 64.5M

But that time is coming fast, and they're probably better off dealing this season than having their hand forced at the deadline.  Like, they can't spend over a third of the cap on three centers, so when do you move...Krecji...?  And for what?  All of the best trade options will involve taking back salary, so it's gonna be really hard to get fair value.  Better value might come in making a move sooner rather than later.  Who knows...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to goodnewsbears's comment:

It's a 10 year deal with an out option after 8 years.  Does anybody know if it's the owners or the players who can walk away from this deal in 8 years?

Either side can walk after 8 years....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can someone match what Neely did the last shortened season ? 50 in 50 ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...that time is coming fast, and they're probably better off dealing this season than having their hand forced at the deadline.  Like, they can't spend over a third of the cap on three centers, so when do you move...Krecji...?  And for what?  All of the best trade options will involve taking back salary, so it's gonna be really hard to get fair value.  Better value might come in making a move sooner rather than later.  Who knows...

More like 1/4, Fletch ($16M for Seguin, Bergeron, and Krejci in 2013-14).  Actually, 2013-14 may be more of a problem given that it's Bergeron's final contract year. The Bruins might have to ask him to take less money than he's getting now.

I'm always of the opinion that value is on-ice, not in the market, so you don't weaken a contending team on the ice by dealing a quality asset just for the sake of maximizing the market value.  The only exception is when the on-ice value is functionally nil because your team is too bad to do anything with or without the guy.  If they deal DK, and I could live with it if they did, I hope it's for hockey reasons and not cap reasons - maybe a younger player if they're dealing to a team that wants him, or upgrading the D?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Great news, finally.

Heard on the radio that Jordan Caron sustained an "upper-body" the other night and will be out a few weeks.

I read this somewhere also. This is all I can find.

4 Jan Joe HaggertyJoe Haggerty‏@HackswithHaggs

RT @MickColageo: (Jordan) Caron has not returned for 2nd period. Looks like he was holding his left forearm racing to gate. Didn't look good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

McQuaid is still recovering from a blood clot. Guess Hamilton will have to take his spot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

About damn time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I was optimistic way back in late summer.  Each consective month of nogo tiations though changed my disposition to almost hockey depression.  Today I am excited, rejuvenated.  The brain is wired to think:  No Caron means competition down in Providence, yet is there anyone there worthy of a NHL play?  Ah now the trade rumors as teams buyouts begin hockey jockeying for Cap space.  Defensemen needed on this team.  When is the trade deadline?  The same?  Will Seguin continue to grow mirroring his play in the Swiss league, will Hamilton be able to take the challenge of NHL play,  will TT break the sound of silence, all of this better than CBA boondoggling!

Yup get it on!  Yippee!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"If they deal DK, and I could live with it if they did, I hope it's for hockey reasons and not cap reasons - maybe a younger player if they're dealing to a team that wants him, or upgrading the D?"

Does the D need upgrading if Hamilton and Trotman develope as planned ? Plus Ference finishing his career in Boston at a moderate $2.75M a year. I would say Boychuk and McQuaid are definite prized Chiarelli pupil-fixtures.

Seguin can't replace what Bergeron does but would be seen to be able to go back to his natural position. Krejci would be easier to move than Peverley next September. To me if Chiarelli decides not to re-sign Horton at that same time then a right handed shot could be fethced by #46.

Its that right handed shot that worries me more than the cap and Horton isn't going to stay for cheap money after his 2011 playoff performance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Soooo many question to be answered:

How does PC's rush of signings now look under the new numbers?

Will it be a struggle for guys like Benn, Del Zotto and Subban to get signed? Those guys technically don't have contracts.

Will games be played across the full league or within conference only?

What division does Winnipeg play in?

Does the 14 team shot at the #1 draft pick start even in this shortened season? If so, a realitively good team that struggles in the short term might get a big boost...like coming out of the last lockout and what was done to land Crosby.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

And we can finally see if Dougie Hamilton is underwhelming or overwhelming ! ;p

Sections
Shortcuts