Deal! Call Michael Buffer....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Deal! Call Michael Buffer....

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's get it ON.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844

Won't be long before there's a Bruin game to watch and there are answers to a few key questions.  Before the lockout, Caron was pencilled into the lineup - will he be there, or will it be Chris Bourque, Christian Hansen, or even Ryan Spooner?  Or...Camara?  The Bruins have 5 proven D with 6 and 7 projected to be Doug Hamilton and Aaron Johnson - is that going to change?  Exelby?  Krug?  Mayan apocalypse has passed; is Timmy out of the bunker looking for work?

Blah, blah, blah anger resentement rich bastiches blah, blah, blah.  Shut up and bring on NHL hockey.

[/QUOTE]

Lets get it on ! = Mills Lane

Lets get ready to rumble ! = Michael Buffer

Just clarifying . ( ;

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

McQuaid is still recovering from a blood clot. Guess Hamilton will have to take his spot.

[/QUOTE]

Anyone know or read how he is doing in his recovery ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

...that time is coming fast, and they're probably better off dealing this season than having their hand forced at the deadline.  Like, they can't spend over a third of the cap on three centers, so when do you move...Krecji...?  And for what?  All of the best trade options will involve taking back salary, so it's gonna be really hard to get fair value.  Better value might come in making a move sooner rather than later.  Who knows...

[/QUOTE]

More like 1/4, Fletch ($16M for Seguin, Bergeron, and Krejci in 2013-14).  Actually, 2013-14 may be more of a problem given that it's Bergeron's final contract year. The Bruins might have to ask him to take less money than he's getting now.

I'm always of the opinion that value is on-ice, not in the market, so you don't weaken a contending team on the ice by dealing a quality asset just for the sake of maximizing the market value.  The only exception is when the on-ice value is functionally nil because your team is too bad to do anything with or without the guy.  If they deal DK, and I could live with it if they did, I hope it's for hockey reasons and not cap reasons - maybe a younger player if they're dealing to a team that wants him, or upgrading the D?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think that's what I am arguing for in a different way -- an earlier deal might bring about a better return for hockey purposes regardless of the actual motives.  Waiting until a cap pinch approaches might force a deal that is made entirely for cap purposes, not hockey ones.

Projecting forward, I would expect new deals for Bergeron, Seguin, and possibly Krecji to eat up a third of the reduced cap if they keep all three.  I was not referring to today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Just saw a tweet stating by Horton's agent said he's been ready to go for a while now.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

More news on new CBA:

Bill Daly confirmed you CANT use the compliance buyouts on players who have LTIR status, such as Chris Pronger.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just clarifying . ( ;

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  My only defense is it was very early on a Sunday morning.  And I haven't seen either guy work in a long time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fletch, the $16M total is unlikely to change by much given that Seguin, who has the most growth potential, is signed at that number until 2019 and Krejci has two more years (after this season) at his $5.25.

I take your point about moving quickly to make a hockey trade rather than a cap-motivated one.  The only thing I'd add, though, is that the deal has to make the team better or it's still a cap deal - just a less toxic one.  Otherwise, keep your best team and then figure out how to manage your assets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just clarifying . ( ;

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  My only defense is it was very early on a Sunday morning.  And I haven't seen either guy work in a long time.

[/QUOTE]

I haven't either, although i seem to remember Mills Lane retiring. Buffers still announcing, i think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scots-Bruin. Show Scots-Bruin's posts

[QUOTE]

Let's get it ON.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844

Won't be long before there's a Bruin game to watch and there are answers to a few key questions.  Before the lockout, Caron was pencilled into the lineup - will he be there, or will it be Chris Bourque, Christian Hansen, or even Ryan Spooner?  Or...Camara?  The Bruins have 5 proven D with 6 and 7 projected to be Doug Hamilton and Aaron Johnson - is that going to change?  Exelby?  Krug?  Mayan apocalypse has passed; is Timmy out of the bunker looking for work?

Blah, blah, blah anger resentement rich bastiches blah, blah, blah.  Shut up and bring on NHL hockey.

[/QUOTE]
    I know we should read to much in to these things but I noticed on bruins.com  that Bourque is listed on the roster but Caron is not !  Just saying.  

Sections
Shortcuts