Dear Canucks Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

Dear Canucks Fans

Thank you for all the nice emails that you sent in to congratulate the Bruins and the City of Boston.  We know that not all of you took part in the riots after Game 7.  Believe me, we have our share of idiots here in Boston that get out of control all the time and give the City a bad name. 

Your team played a tough series and just came up one game short.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  I hope I speak for the rest of my fellow Bruins fans when i say, I hope you get the city cleaned up soon. 

And we are looking forward to the rematch next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: Dear Canucks Fans

In Response to Dear Canucks Fans:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for all the nice emails that you sent in to congratulate the Bruins and the City of Boston.  We know that not all of you took part in the riots after Game 7.  Believe me, we have our share of idiots here in Boston that get out of control all the time and give the City a bad name.  Your team played a tough series and just came up one game short.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  I hope I speak for the rest of my fellow Bruins fans when i say, I hope you get the city cleaned up soon.  And we are looking forward to the rematch next year.
    Posted by Ceege[/QUOTE]
    we are? I'm looking forward to the regular season game for some payback on all the cheap-shots...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

49, really?
    you're still clinging to the "we were totally clean and the Bruins were just thugs" line?
    Riiight.
    Someone here tries to extend an open hand, and thats your response?
    You are closer to the rioters than the good hockey fans of your team.

Nice try Ceege, apparently not worth it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Not at all. I'm speaking as a life long Bruins fan. Didn't like all the blind-side shots by the Nucks...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diggz. Show Diggz's posts

I suppose such responses are to be expected.  A Habs fan offered a congratulatory message in a different post and was not met with warm reception, either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Ha! my bad, then.
    Still should let it go though. Those guys have had their noses rubbed in defeat already. The rest was just them trying to beat the B's at their own game...didn't work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldman33. Show oldman33's posts

I understand that the Canucks are appealing to the league board of Governors that because of what happened after game #7 that they want to switch names with the Calgary franchise because it seems more appropriate. Makes sense,huh? Don't tell me that thugs & hoodlums were behind what happened. It speaks volumes for the local enforcement. After what happened 17 years ago, you think that one person would've had foresight that this might've happened.  Can you picture the blame if some innocent person got killed? Remember a few years ago when some Boston cop discharged his weapon & struck some girl in the eye? It's a shame that the nightly news about winning a championship was overshadowed by such disgraceful behavior. I'm sure there will be beefed up security in town next time the B's play there? Get over it. Life goes on. Talk about sore losers. Only in Canada,eh?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Canucks Fans:
    [ Talk about sore losers. Only in Canada,eh?
    Posted by oldman33[/QUOTE]

But Yannick Weber made it 3-1 with 2:29 left in the second, and the Bruins were booed off the ice by their home fans after the period, just as they were in the first. In the third, the "Fire Julien!" chants began in the upper deck as the coach stood behind the bench, arms crossed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Hey Canadien175, as I recall, the Habs were booed off the ice at the Bell Centre after game 4 when the Bruins tied the series. It happens everywhere my friend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dear Canucks Fans : we are? I'm looking forward to the regular season game for some payback on all the cheap-shots...
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]

As I said in a tread just prior to game 7 the best payback the Bs could give was skating the Cup around Vancouver's rink. Mission accomplished.

If I have a bone to pick with anyone it would be the blatant stupid attacks on the Bs by the announcers. The stupid endless repeating of 'look at his hand' on the Bergeron's goal.

The whining about Thomas hitting someone with his stick when it was clear that the Canucks player skated into the crease and initiated contact when Thomas had his back turned. If anything should have been called it was interference with Thomas since it was clear the intent was to knock his stick out of his hand and possibly get a major called on Thomas.

The supposed Chara high stick. Never mind again that the Vancouver player lifted Chara's stick up with his own stick.

The bottom line was that the Canucks players and fans were shocked when they didn't get the bogus calls they'd been getting all season during the final.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Dear Canucks Fans:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for all the nice emails that you sent in to congratulate the Bruins and the City of Boston.  We know that not all of you took part in the riots after Game 7.  Believe me, we have our share of idiots here in Boston that get out of control all the time and give the City a bad name.  Your team played a tough series and just came up one game short.  Nothing to be ashamed of.  I hope I speak for the rest of my fellow Bruins fans when i say, I hope you get the city cleaned up soon.  And we are looking forward to the rematch next year.
    Posted by Ceege[/QUOTE]

Very classy. Let's prove we are good winners. I like the high road for the most part.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Dear Canucks Fans : Very classy. Let's prove we are good winners. I like the high road for the most part.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]
    It's better because there's less traffic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I understand that the Canucks are appealing to the league board of Governors that because of what happened after game #7 that they want to switch names with the Calgary franchise because it seems more appropriate. Makes sense,huh? Don't tell me that thugs & hoodlums were behind what happened. It speaks volumes for the local enforcement. After what happened 17 years ago, you think that one person would've had foresight that this might've happened.  Can you picture the blame if some innocent person got killed? Remember a few years ago when some Boston cop discharged his weapon & struck some girl in the eye? It's a shame that the nightly news about winning a championship was overshadowed by such disgraceful behavior. I'm sure there will be beefed up security in town next time the B's play there? Get over it. Life goes on. Talk about sore losers. Only in Canada,eh?
    Posted by oldman33[/QUOTE]

Thugs & Hoodlums were behind what happened! No; they riot across your fine nation of the USA as well!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

OK, as a Vancouverite I just wanted to point this out. It wasn't just a bunch iof thugs and hooligans who were prepared to cause a riot no matter what, there were so-called "true" Canucks fans in the mix, and the Vancouver Police Chief has finally admitted this. This is an excerpt from a CBC article

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/06/20/bc-vancouver-police-riot.html

Vancouver police are no longer focusing blame on just a core group of people who came prepared to cause trouble for the riot that swept through the city last week.

On Monday, police said their investigation has revealed more details about the background of the rioters that police were not aware of immediately following the riot.

"Based on the best information we had the following morning, we stated that the instigators among the mob were 'criminals, anarchists and thugs who came to town bent on destruction and mayhem' regardless of the outcome of the game," said police Chief Jim Chu.

"While we are still standing by that observation about the instigators, we are learning that most of the people that joined in the riot and that have now been charged represent a wider spectrum of young people, many of whom do not have criminal records."

I've been saying from the start this wasn'ta bunch of so-called anarchists, it was a bunch of spoiled brats from the burbs. Glad they finally are admitting this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

There's been plenty of hand-wringing here, both about the riot and the Canucks' off-season plans.

My .02 worth:  The riot was instigated by people who came downtown for the specific purpose of starting trouble.  I have no doubts that the morons who tried to disrupt the opening of the Olympics last year were behind it. I am thinking that their plan was to take advantage of highly agitated drunks, many of them young and 'not knowing when to say when', and encourage them to turn over cars, set them ablaze, break into and loot stores, and antagonize the police.  They succeeded, and many people were caught making some very bad decisions by smartphone cameras, and have since paid the price by losing scholarships, being fired from their jobs and being expelled from schools. 

As for the Canucks, you don't "blow up" a team that won the President's Trophy, had the best GF and GA average, the best PP and 2nd best PK, and came within a game of winning the Cup.  Minor tweaks, some personal growth, some additional grit, and the Canucks will be the favourite to be right there at the end again next year.

For 40-year fans like myself, this year was a tremendous ride, that didn't end the way I thought it was going to.  Only bandwagon jumpers would give up on the team after a run like that.  Just as Bruins fans did after their crushing defeat in 09-10, Canucks fans will await "next year".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]There's been plenty of hand-wringing here, both about the riot and the Canucks' off-season plans. My .02 worth:  The riot was instigated by people who came downtown for the specific purpose of starting trouble.  I have no doubts that the morons who tried to disrupt the opening of the Olympics last year were behind it. I am thinking that their plan was to take advantage of highly agitated drunks, many of them young and 'not knowing when to say when', and encourage them to turn over cars, set them ablaze, break into and loot stores, and antagonize the police.  They succeeded, and many people were caught making some very bad decisions by smartphone cameras, and have since paid the price by losing scholarships, being fired from their jobs and being expelled from schools.  As for the Canucks, you don't "blow up" a team that won the President's Trophy, had the best GF and GA average, the best PP and 2nd best PK, and came within a game of winning the Cup.  Minor tweaks, some personal growth, some additional grit, and the Canucks will be the favourite to be right there at the end again next year. For 40-year fans like myself, this year was a tremendous ride, that didn't end the way I thought it was going to.  Only bandwagon jumpers would give up on the team after a run like that.  Just as Bruins fans did after their crushing defeat in 09-10, Canucks fans will await "next year".
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

The nuks have a lot to look fwd to.  They still have a very good core.  If Hodgson ever gets going they will have another nice piece.  They need to add on a fiew peices for sure.  And I am not blind to the fact that they lost significant pieces along the way.  Had they had a full healthy lineup we would have had a much more difficult time. 
    As for Van-fans.  I am in full agreement.  Those werent hockey fans.  Those were idiots taking advantage of a situation to destroy a city.  Its a black mark for sure especially after they ran an amazing 2010 games. 

Cheers dude.  You should be proud of that team.  They played great all year.  In the end your leaders didnt lead, your goalie choked under pressure and the better team won this time.  You will get your chance to celebrate.  But for now its the Bruins time. 

Sections
Shortcuts