Dear God.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Dear God.......

Dear God,
        Sorry to bother you as I know you have many important things to deal with. Just wanted to check in and talk about this end of the world thing on Saturday. Being a fan of the Boston Bruins you, of course, are aware of all the heartache that myelf and all true B's fans have gone through for 40 years. Devastating losses at the old Forum, too many men on the ice, the 2 years against the Oilers in the Finals, the lean years in the 90's, the Flyers comeback, game 7 losses.......the list goes on and on
    Anywho.....this year has been alot of fun and the good, faithful fans of Boston have been rewarded with a 2-1 series lead in the conference Finals. Now I speak for all Bruins nation when I say that this is a pretty exciting time and we would really love to see our Bruins win and move on to the Finals where, dare I say it, we might have a chance at winning the Stanley Cup.
    This is where the whole end of the world things comes in. No disrespect, of course, but this is just bad timing. I know of alot of people that are going to be pretty upset if they are no longer around on Sunday morning to see this thing to the end. I'm not asking that you call the whole thing off, I just want to know if you can delay things for about a month or so. Let's sayyyyyyy...JULY. By then the whole thing should be wrapped up nice and neat. I just need to see them win a Cup before I die, thats all. I would REALLY appreciate it !!!!

Sincerely,
    ed121501

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

Re: Dear God.......

Done 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

god, while you're still there, is there any way i can still get in on that religion that promises me 63 virgins when i die? hope it's not too late. - adk

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgauthier1975. Show mgauthier1975's posts

I don't think it's actually supposed to happen around 6PM, so we should be able to enjoy one more game, hopefully.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

sorry, god, I mis-spoke - could we forget the virgins and bring in some replacements who actually know what they're doing?  Thanks, that would be awesome.  And can we make it like, mid July?  I'm thinking post draft and free-agent frenzy.  Even if there isn't another season to think about, I'd like to see the end of the Phyllis Kessel trade.

okay, that's it for me...sorry if you were busy keeping Larry King or Charlie Watts alive or something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

The World got this "end" thing out of proportion.....God is only
                 suspending lightning from Monday night till sometime in October!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bookboy, did somebody get offended? speak for yourself, i can do the same, thanks. p.s.- god, get back to me as soon as possible on that one...i might need a back up plan 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

just noticed that the Macho Man Randy Savage just came to join you. RIP

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from browndiamond6. Show browndiamond6's posts

Well if you believe in this whole Rapture thing, then chances are nothing will happen to you on Saturday. Saturday is the beginning of the end, where God will take all His faithful to join him, leaving the unfaithful here on earth to be tortured for the rest of this year...

So if you are still around on Saturday, prepare for the B's to up 3-0 in the series against Vancouver, then blow it and lose in game 7 after being up by 3 goals.. like the Flyers series last year.. 

Because that will be torture...

Go B's!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I am offering to watch the loved ones of all carried up in the rapture for just $100. Don't let your loved (but unloved by God) ones suffer when you're gone! For just $100, your family can enjoy bliss in a post-rapture World!*

*No refunds available in the event the rapture does not occur on May 21 or any day before or after that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dc...you need any help, i'm pretty sure i'm not going anywhere.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

This guy is such a hoax. The only ones I feel bad for are the people who spent thier life savings supporting his bizaar claim.

Which is atleast his 11th documented "doomsday date" prediction.

He came to this conclusion by tying together unreleated versus of the bible to come up with Saturday's date. He takes a verse that "The earth was made in 7 days" and another that has someone essentially just thinking outloud that "we know very little of god and a single day to us may be 1,000 years to him".

Thereby he claims that the end of the 7th day is 6'oclock saturday by starting his countdown at the time of the great flood that washed away Noahs bro's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Leave the predictions to Stanley, he has a better track record

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ILH...what are you trying to say? we can still plan sunday dinner? i'm confused. is it too late to get in on that virgin gig? is it eastern standard time we go by(i assume it is)? what if i go by the chinese calendar? do i ask buddha for a little clarification? i'm sure vishnu we have answers if he doesn't. awww, my head hurts....i guess worshiping the bruins doesn't sound quite so silly anymore!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

6pm? Thank goodness. Wouldn't want Tampa fans to miss supper at the Golden Corral.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gettek. Show gettek's posts

god, while you're still there, is there any way i can still get in on that religion that promises me 63 virgins when i die? hope it's not too late. - adk

It's 72 virgins... And you have to wait till Osama's done with 'em..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Dear God.......:
    [QUOTE]ILH...what are you trying to say? we can still plan sunday dinner? i'm confused. is it too late to get in on that virgin gig? is it eastern standard time we go by(i assume it is)? what if i go by the chinese calendar? do i ask buddha for a little clarification? i'm sure vishnu we have answers if he doesn't. awww, my head hurts....i guess worshiping the bruins doesn't sound quite so silly anymore!
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

6 PM. You don't need to worry about the time zones he's predicting rolling Quakes one after another so as to hit each area at 6PM. His plan, to be like everyone else sitting in front of the TV watching the path of destruction as it moves West.

Seriously, look up Harold Camping, I don't remember which article he answers this question in, but it is RIDICULOUS!  Anyways cheers, hope to talk to you all about game 4 on Sunday.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i thought we had until December of 2012....

b's still have two kicks at the can....  or should i say cup?....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I'm with Avery, if Osama had em, I don't want sloppy seconds.

I'll stay where I'm too, my 100$ will go on beer, playin the fiddle watching Rome is burning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

adk - no, nobody was offended - it was a running joke, right?  So's the one about preferring to have someone who knows what they're doing instead of virgins. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

you're calling home the faithful?
    ...so I'm stuck here with Matt Cooke?
    thanks a million.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dear God, I'm shocked that you actually read the Bruins forum since the last 39 years would indicate you definitely aren't a Bruins fan. I guess you're a little bit like Greatseason in that you like to troll the Bruins boards.Well, at least you manage to avoid making irritating posts so that's good. If there is one request I have moving forward it's that you keep your nose out of the playoffs. The Bruins can win with or without your help(just don't hurt us). Just be sure to keep the lightning strikes to a minimum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

That'd just be perfect... the world blows up the day after I get the Jets back.

Sections
Shortcuts