1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Re: Dear Jack,

"who has more fun than us?"

"well BRICK..."

"isn't that RICH?!?!"

"A JOHNNY ROCKET!!!"

"Two U's, two K's, TWO POINTS!!!"

"(opposing player) draped ALL OVER (Bruins player).......and we play on"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Complaining about Jack is just annoying and dumb. Complaining about Dale Arnold when he was doing play-by-play was astute and correct. He was the worst ever, except maybe for Dave Shea.

I'm very thankful we have two of the best TV guys in the game. I even enjoy the pregame setup and postgame summaries he and Brick do. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

You want to talk awful... I get color man Chico Resch here in NJ!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Had the "pleasure" of watching the NBC feed of the Wings game.  WOW.  That was the most annoying PBP I have ever witnessed.  Close behind, for our Canadian fans was Rod Black's call of the Habs game ( I think it was the Habs game last Monday).  He couldn't get a jersey right to save his life.  Seguin was Pererley and Horton on many occasions. I don't think he called Seguin's name once.  Brutal. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack,:
    Had the "pleasure" of watching the NBC feed of the Wings game.  WOW.  That was the most annoying PBP I have ever witnessed.  Close behind, for our Canadian fans was Rod Black's call of the Habs game ( I think it was the Habs game last Monday).  He couldn't get a jersey right to save his life.  Seguin was Pererley and Horton on many occasions. I don't think he called Seguin's name once.  Brutal. 
    Posted by scooter244

If you happen to be lucky enough to hear another TSN Bruins game this season? It'll be either Gord Miller, or Chris Cuthbert. Miller isn't bad now that Maquire is gone! And Cuthbert IMO is the best announcer in North America. The CFL Grey Cup is today, so Cuthbert will be doing games over Rod Black now that Canadian Football is done!

I love Jack's announcing! I LMAO during the scrum in the Sabers game when the B's all piled in when Marchand got decked after he laid a hit! "See Buffalo, THIS IS HOW YOU BACK UP A TEAMMATE!!" Or along those lines. I think some of his stuff is over the top, but it makes me laugh. I also like that he puts enthusiasm into it for both teams & goalie's. Shows that he is a homer, but also shows appreciation for the other team.

I honestly am baffled that THN voted Emerick & Olcyzk as the best hockey announcer tandem! Now they have the other idiot Macquire over there. I'm with NAS. I usually mute the bas TERDS too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

BadHab, he did call Rich Krejci so he did the usual. Doc is going insane.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack, : If you happen to be lucky enough to hear another TSN Bruins game this season? It'll be either Gord Miller, or Chris Cuthbert. Miller isn't bad now that Maquire is gone! And Cuthbert IMO is the best announcer in North America. The CFL Grey Cup is today, so Cuthbert will be doing games over Rod Black now that Canadian Football is done! I love Jack's announcing! I LMAO during the scrum in the Sabers game when the B's all piled in when Marchand got decked after he laid a hit! "See Buffalo, THIS IS HOW YOU BACK UP A TEAMMATE!!" Or along those lines. I think some of his stuff is over the top, but it makes me laugh. I also like that he puts enthusiasm into it for both teams & goalie's. Shows that he is a homer, but also shows appreciation for the other team. I honestly am baffled that THN voted Emerick & Olcyzk as the best hockey announcer tandem! Now they have the other idiot Macquire over there. I'm with NAS. I usually mute the bas TERDS too.
    Posted by nitemare-38

I generally like TSN's coverage and announcers.  Rod Black is like fourth string.  They're desperate when they have to call him in.  Actually, the Habs game was a regional coverage game. I don't think it was nationally televised.  Explains why he was doing it.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

BadHab, he did call Rich Krejci so he did the usual. Doc is going insane.
    Posted by callodthedom19

I'm going with alzheimers.

It's painful now, hopefully they won't keep wheeling him out like they do Dick Clark on new year's eve and make it agony.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I loved Shane Hnidy when he was with us, but he may be the worst in the league. Every single game he calls the Jets the Thrashers at least once. It's starting to be so bad it's funny. You could turn it into a drinking game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack, : I generally like TSN's coverage and announcers.  Rod Black is like fourth string.  They're desperate when they have to call him in.  Actually, the Habs game was a regional coverage game. I don't think it was nationally televised.  Explains why he was doing it.  
    Posted by scooter244

I like Black's coverage of curling and figure skating - likely the best there is for those two sports. But he should never be allowed to call hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Back in the day, Rod Black asked a Canadian kid how it felt to lose the Canadian Junior Championship Gold Medal game (which the kid had dedicated to his Dad who had recently passed away). Some people think it's asking the tough questions- it was 30 seconds after they lost and a brutal question. I'm still trying to forgive him for that colossal blunder. He truly stunk during the Habs game last week too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL....  when I heard him say Bruins playing a great triangle and passing the puck last week I wanted post it .
    Goes well with strong on his skates  .... I knew you would love that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack, : Emerick is awful.  I watch his games on mute.  I really do. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Couldn't agree with you more. Friday afternoon at some of the things he was saying and messing up names etc....  For Canadians you can compare this guy with Bob Cole. Just as bad and messes up names , scores and even history.
    What happened to this guy ?  I used to like him or was it because I was happy to see NBC showing hockey ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack, : Emerick is awful.  I watch his games on mute.  I really do. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Absolutely terrible. Asks the dumbest questions, gets players and teams confused, and his cadence is off-putting. It amazed me that by game 7 of the cup final he still couldn't identify players correctly that he had been watching for months, and for 2 weeks, exclusively. Emerick is the worst.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

From what I've heard of Edwards, I like him. He's funny.  If some of you had to listen to foghorn Leaf announcer Joe Bowen, he of the corny and brutal "Bless You Boys!" and "Holy Makinaw!" calls, you'd flip.  His sidekick Jim Ralph can not get through a broadcast without reminding folks of how brutal a goaltender he was in his cup of coffee stay with the Hawks.  A dreadful pair.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

blows a tire!
    Posted by islamorada

Bingo Isla.  That's the one I notice.  Every time a guy falls down...

Reminds me of Doc Emerick with "knifed, squibbed, etc."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack, : I generally like TSN's coverage and announcers.  Rod Black is like fourth string.  They're desperate when they have to call him in.  Actually, the Habs game was a regional coverage game. I don't think it was nationally televised.  Explains why he was doing it.  
    Posted by scooter244

Yes, you're most likely right. I totally forgot that TSN is home to a bunch of Hab games this season. Mike Johnson is someone I can do without more often than not! He hates giving TT any credit (like this game) kept saying that TT wasn't tested that often etc. The only reason they won this one was because of Thomas.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Back in the day, Rod Black asked a Canadian kid how it felt to lose the Canadian Junior Championship Gold Medal game (which the kid had dedicated to his Dad who had recently passed away). Some people think it's asking the tough questions- it was 30 seconds after they lost and a brutal question. I'm still trying to forgive him for that colossal blunder. He truly stunk during the Habs game last week too.
    Posted by Chef09

Chef, asking anyone how it feels to lose is ridiculous anyways. I wonder if a reporter that asks it is wondering if they'll be the 1st one to get a player to say they enjoyed it. He may as well ask, "would you have preferred winning over this?".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack, : Yes, you're most likely right. I totally forgot that TSN is home to a bunch of Hab games this season. Mike Johnson is someone I can do without more often than not! He hates giving TT any credit (like this game) kept saying that TT wasn't tested that often etc. The only reason they won this one was because of Thomas.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Nite, I usually find Johnson to be objective and enlightening. I laughed at his comments during the Habs game. He was asked how the Habs would feel after seeing Crosby had 4 points while they couldn't manage a goal against Boston. He quickly replied "yeah, well they aren't playing the Islanders". A compliment to the Bruins while giving a little dig to Sid......I loved it. Crosby-mania was getting ridiculous  after that game. McGuire claimed Crosby's backhand to be the best he's ever seen...........ridiculous. Sakic had a laser for a backand. It rivaled other player's wrist shots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack, : I think he's great.  These two phrases have become the forefront of his play call so far this season.  The rest of the stuff listed above, Johnny Rocket notwithstanding, is fine with me.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yeah, "Johnny Rocket" absolutely needs to go. But I can't fault Jack that much for it, it's not like Mr. Boychuck is a regular source of good plays that are deserving of nick-names. He spends most of his time relatively invisible on the ice. IMO he's made himself the most expendable player on the bruins back-end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack, : Nite, I usually find Johnson to be objective and enlightening. I laughed at his comments during the Habs game. He was asked how the Habs would feel after seeing Crosby had 4 points while they couldn't manage a goal against Boston. He quickly replied "yeah, well they aren't playing the Islanders". A compliment to the Bruins while giving a little dig to Sid......I loved it. Crosby-mania was getting ridiculous  after that game. McGuire claimed Crosby's backhand to be the best he's ever seen...........ridiculous. Sakic had a laser for a backand. It rivaled other player's wrist shots.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yes I did have a little chuckle at too! As far as backhands go? Paul Kariya was the only player that I seen that could one time a backhander on a consistent basis, but you're right Sakic was fantastic with it. Got to hang out with Sakic & his family a few times as well. Never met a whole family with so much class!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack, : Yes I did have a little chuckle at too! As far as backhands go? Paul Kariya was the only player that I seen that could one time a backhander on a consistent basis, but you're right Sakic was fantastic with it. Got to hang out with Sakic & his family a few times as well. Never met a whole family with so much class!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Yeah, you gotta love Sakic. He was a player that everyone liked regardless of who their favorite team was. Total class on and off the ice. I don't ever remember reading a negative story about him during his long career. Lots of players would've sulked about playing for the last place Nordiques (cough-cough-Lindros) but you never heard a peep from Joe. Ir still seems strange that he was almost a Ranger although it's no surprise teams would line up to sign him to an offer sheet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack, : Yes I did have a little chuckle at too! As far as backhands go? Paul Kariya was the only player that I seen that could one time a backhander on a consistent basis, but you're right Sakic was fantastic with it. Got to hang out with Sakic & his family a few times as well. Never met a whole family with so much class!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Both Kariya and Sakic had great backhands, but how many of his hundreds of goals did Messier pop in with a backhand? Best I've ever seen with that shot.

Robitaille, Bure and Espo were no slouches either. No way Sid even makes it top 5 for backhanders.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Dear Jack, : Both Kariya and Sakic had great backhands, but how many of his hundreds of goals did Messier pop in with a backhand? Best I've ever seen with that shot. Robitaille, Bure and Espo were no slouches either. No way Sid even makes it top 5 for backhanders.
    Posted by red75

Dave Keon

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from killer5. Show killer5's posts

I agree 100% NAS.  It's like he just learned those words at the start of this season. 

Sections
Shortcuts