Dear Mr. Chiarelli

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Re: Dear Mr. Chiarelli

In response to biggskye's comment:

In response to marco0863's comment:

Dear mr chia,

First I'd like to commend you on a steal of a trade in acquiring loui ericksson. His production with the bruins has been sub par to say the least but he has given you your money's worth on the olympic stage. Here I was criticizing this trade but you must have known that you can now showcase him because of his splendid work in the olympics.

I also wish to credit you In not yielding to demands of several of your true loyalists in not trading marchand.he certainly doesnt deserve any slack eventhough he had 2 goals in the finals vs vanc you know that year I'm sure you remember. 

Lastly I must retract everything I said about kessel such as becoming a top 5 gs , making his team playoff bound.  How did I not see that he was truly a one trick pony.  You had the foresight the year you traded him And knew full well he could be replaced by none other than miroslav satan.

GO BRUINS GO

SINCERELY,

Marco0863

I don't want to get into your man-crush on Kessel, but I believe Satan was just a guy brought in because of injuries.

I think their plan was to have Wheeler become a top 6 player on RW, and have Ryder & Recchi for the other 2 lines.

Wheeler didn't work out on the RW, so the next year, they traded for Horton.

Seems like pro-active management to me, but then, my judgement isn't clouded by an unhealthy man love crush on "Kess".

They got satan he was desperate for offence

Kess there no satan that year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

All ri ght lets trade marchand for kunitz since kuintz has a medal or how about

Chara and krejci for any finn since the finns have medals

We're not talking about just medals, we're talking about SHOWING UP IN BIG GAMES.

We're talking about WORK ETHIC.

We're talking about GETTING it done.

Bergeron gets it done, Kessel DOES NOT.

You said you thought Kessel was a more valuable player than Bergeron, admit it.

And now admit YOU ARE WRONG

Where did berg kess thing Come from? 

However ur saying berg more valuable then kess cuz berg played well vs usa and usa was blankef

Look if u ask chia hell say berg more valuable to bruins

If you ask noonis hell say kess more valuable to tor

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

O I understand know, when Kessel scores it's all Kessel.

When Kessel doesn't score it's the team's fault.

There it is,the answer.Marco doesn't get it.When Kessel scores his meaningless goals in meaningless games he starts new threads to proclaim his superior talent,BUT,when Phat Phil doesn't produce on the worlds biggest stage in his teams biggest games,its the teams fault.Thats where the problem lies Marco, no ownership when things go wrong for Kessel.You've already set it up for when Phil fails in the playoffs by saying the Lerfs have only JVR to help him,the same JVR that was benched in the Canada/USA game,if the Lerfs win in the playoffs it was because of Kessel and not the team.I get it now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Dear PC, on your return please find a d-man who can play top four minutes and at a reasonable cost....

thanx, that's all....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

O I understand know, when Kessel scores it's all Kessel.

When Kessel doesn't score it's the team's fault.

There it is,the answer.Marco doesn't get it.When Kessel scores his meaningless goals in meaningless games he starts new threads to proclaim his superior talent,BUT,when Phat Phil doesn't produce on the worlds biggest stage in his teams biggest games,its the teams fault.Thats where the problem lies Marco, no ownership when things go wrong for Kessel.You've already set it up for when Phil fails in the playoffs by saying the Lerfs have only JVR to help him,the same JVR that was benched in the Canada/USA game,if the Lerfs win in the playoffs it was because of Kessel and not the team.I get it now.

All right 

So you think that kessel is the only responsible for usa losing?

Can u tell me what tor has apart from jvr andkess? - u can say kadri but not a fan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[/QUOTE]

All right 

Can u tell me what tor has apart from jvr andkess? - u can say kadri but not a fan

[/QUOTE]

Bozak has become a decent top 6 player. Very good on faceoffs, and certainly hasn't hurt Kessel's production.

Lupul is also a heckuv a player.

The problem with your Kessel luv-fest that you keep slamming us over the head with, is you insist the Bruins would have been almost guaranteed to have won at least one more Stanley Cup, if they had kept Kessel.

None of their other moves mattered. Don't bring in Horton, Campbell, or Peverley. Don't need any of them, if they had just kept Kessel.

But as soon as the team he is on, loses, you defend him by saying that he can't win all by himself, which is exactly what the rest of us all know, and are trying to explain to you.

You cannot even tell that you are contradicting yourself.

I know you won't quit trying to convince us that it was a mistake trading "Kess", and we could have won more cups with him, but the reality is, you not only cannot guarantee  Boston would have won more than one cup, you cannot guarantee they would have won even the one cup, with him.

Instead of living in the what-if world, come join the rest of us in the world of reality.

The facts since the Kessel trade... Boston has a Stanley Cup, made it to the 6th game of the Finals, and is a favourite to compete for the Cup again, this year.

Toronto made the playoffs once, lost in the first round with an epic collapse in the final game, and is once again facing a season that has them at risk of missing the post-season.

If their records were reversed, then your argument would actually make sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

All right 

Keep squirming away from the subject

Kessel vs. Canes

Kessel vs. Bruins.

Kessel vs. Canada

Kessel vs Finland

YOU WILL STAY ANYTHING TO AVOID ADMITTING YOU WERE WRONG.

AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

We're not talking about just medals, we're talking about SHOWING UP IN BIG GAMES.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

All right 

Bozak has become a decent top 6 player. Very good on faceoffs, and certainly hasn't hurt Kessel's production.

Lupul is also a heckuv a player.

The problem with your Kessel luv-fest that you keep slamming us over the head with, is you insist the Bruins would have been almost guaranteed to have won at least one more Stanley Cup, if they had kept Kessel.

None of their other moves mattered. Don't bring in Horton, Campbell, or Peverley. Don't need any of them, if they had just kept Kessel.

But as soon as the team he is on, loses, you defend him by saying that he can't win all by himself, which is exactly what the rest of us all know, and are trying to explain to you.

You cannot even tell that you are contradicting yourself.

I know you won't quit trying to convince us that it was a mistake trading "Kess", and we could have won more cups with him, but the reality is, you not only cannot guarantee  Boston would have won more than one cup, you cannot guarantee they would have won even the one cup, with him.

Instead of living in the what-if world, come join the rest of us in the world of reality.

The facts since the Kessel trade... Boston has a Stanley Cup, made it to the 6th game of the Finals, and is a favourite to compete for the Cup again, this year.

Toronto made the playoffs once, lost in the first round with an epic collapse in the final game, and is once again facing a season that has them at risk of missing the post-season.

If their records were reversed, then your argument would actually make sense.

Yes I do like bozak but woukd I consider him a top 6 Not on my team

And lupul can be effective.  But still say jvr and kess is the heart

Let me say that I don't talk about kess nearly as much as I did but if someone mentions him I will reply

Understand aswell the bashing that went on here years ago about how he would collapse under tor media

And still bashing. I would think they've learned but no .

This is not about bos vs tor its about a high profile player who once played for boston and keeps getting bashed when the rest of the hockey world recognize the eliteness of this player. The same with seguin hrs more a bum.  No good player who racks up points period. Kids 21 careful how they talk

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

All right 

Keep squirming away from the subject

Kessel vs. Canes

Kessel vs. Bruins.

Kessel vs. Canada

Kessel vs Finland

YOU WILL STAY ANYTHING TO AVOID ADMITTING YOU WERE WRONG.

AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

You're going to have to tell me when I said kess more valuable then berg?

Like I said that's a general statement 

Depends on make up of a particular team

U obviously would not trade berg for kess heck u wouldn't trade ur old hockey bag for kess

But noonis would Not trade kess for berg either

Are u reading this? 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yes I do like bozak but woukd I consider him a top 6 Not on my team

And lupul can be effective.  But still say jvr and kess is the heart

Let me say that I don't talk about kess nearly as much as I did but if someone mentions him I will reply

Understand aswell the bashing that went on here years ago about how he would collapse under tor media

And still bashing. I would think they've learned but no .

This is not about bos vs tor its about a high profile player who once played for boston and keeps getting bashed when the rest of the hockey world recognize the eliteness of this player. The same with seguin hrs more a bum.  No good player who racks up points period. Kids 21 careful how they talk

[/QUOTE]

I think any Kessel bashing on this site, is more of a backlash against yourself, and originally, a poster that went by the name, bruins8, which could very well, have also been you, based on the constant Kessel posts.

The Seguin backlash IMO, stems from the feeling many on this board share, that he may have cost Boston a Cup, and since we will never really know, I don't see the resentment towards him, ever completely going away.

No serious hockey person, would ever question the ability of both those players. In Seguins case, that is where most of the frustration comes from.

Bashing against me talking about kessel

Years ago - were u here ?

I dont know who bruins8 is I do know steve who was also a kess fan posting on nesn

Now my friend the seg cost us a cup is yet another lame to blame

Others too didn't score it happens . Chi was no mickey mouse team.

If we use ur line of reasoning and others here too then I suggest you sent a thsnk you card to seg and shake his hand firmly if u happen to ever see him

Why ? Again using ur line of reasoning if not for seg we don't win cup. He won a game virtually alone vs tb a series that went 7. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Dear Mr. Chiarelli

I am a long time Bruins fan.  I am also a big fan of office pools.  I would like to win my office pool and I would like to do so while picking Bruins players.  I am writing this letter to ask you if you would be able to reacquire former Bruins Phil Kessel and Tyler Seguin.  I know doing so would hinder the Bruins chances in the playoffs, but it is a small price to pay to win my office pool with Bruins players.  These players are elite and point per game players.  I realize that having players like Krejci, Lucic, Bergeron and Marchand bring playoff success, but they only get fifty or sixty points in the regular season and it doesn't help my office pool.  Thank you for reading my letter and I look forward to your cooperation on this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Marco

Thread of the year award except in the eyes of the new wave fantasy sports fans. 

I dont know who bruins8 is I do know steve who was also a kess fan posting on nesn

If we use ur line of reasoning and others here too then I suggest you sent a thsnk you card to seg and shake his hand firmly if u happen to ever see him

Why ? Again using ur line of reasoning if not for seg we don't win cup. He won a game virtually alone vs tb a series that went 7. 

You have only to look at when my first post was made (2005), to know that I have been around here for awhile.

Also, I never said I blamed Seguin for not winning the Cup. I said that there were some people on this board that shared that feeling.

I was against the Seguin trade when it happened. I am still not happy about it, but don't waste time worrying about things I have no control over.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You're going to have to tell me when I said kess more valuable then berg?

Like I said that's a general statement 

Depends on make up of a particular team

U obviously would not trade berg for kess heck u wouldn't trade ur old hockey bag for kess

But noonis would Not trade kess for berg either

Are u reading this? 

He wouldn't trade Kessel for Bergeron straight up?  Right.

That's a joke.

Keep dancing around the subject.

Kessel vs. Canes

Kessel vs. Bruins.

Kessel vs. Canada

Kessel vs Finland

YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER DOES NOT SHOW UP FOR BIG GAMES.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

He sure disappointed me against Canada and Finland. Glad he is no longer a Bruin.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Dear Mr. Chiarelli

I am a long time Bruins fan.  I am also a big fan of office pools.  I would like to win my office pool and I would like to do so while picking Bruins players.  I am writing this letter to ask you if you would be able to reacquire former Bruins Phil Kessel and Tyler Seguin.  I know doing so would hinder the Bruins chances in the playoffs, but it is a small price to pay to win my office pool with Bruins players.  These players are elite and point per game players.  I realize that having players like Krejci, Lucic, Bergeron and Marchand bring playoff success, but they only get fifty or sixty points in the regular season and it doesn't help my office pool.  Thank you for reading my letter and I look forward to your cooperation on this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Marco

So, you were critical of Seguin when he was here, and you wanted to trade him ?

You have only to look at when my first post was made (2005), to know that I have been around here for awhile.

Also, I never said I blamed Seguin for not winning the Cup. I said that there were some people on this board that shared that feeling.

I was against the Seguin trade when it happened. I am still not happy about it, but don't waste time worrying about things I have no control over.

You can't change what's happened however if u liked seg as u said and you don't share the feelings off the others insofar as his fault of not  winning the cup then why don't you reply to those who bash him or say something you don't agree with.  Thats What these boards are for arent they?  If we agree with everything or choose not to comment then it negates the debate premise. 

[/QUOTE]

You can't change what's happened however if u liked seg as u said and you don't share the feelings off the others insofar as his fault of not  winning the cup then why don't you reply to those who bash him or say something you don't agree with.  Thats What these boards are for arent they?  If we agree with everything or choose not to comment then it negates the debate premise. 

[/QUOTE]

Because I am not on this board every day, posting about things over and over, does not mean I have not said anything about various situations.

I posted on this board at the time of the Seguin trade, that I hated it. I have mentioned it a few times, including today.

I have also said on this board, that I didn't share the view that Seguin wasn't trying hard. I have pointed out that he only finished 1 shot behind Bergeron, for the team lead, during the playoffs, and his shot total was only 10 less than Horton & Lucic, combined.

I also pointed out that he was always skating hard, even on the backchecking.

The kid was snakebit, it happens. I had, and have, no hard feelings towards him.

I just no longer have any interest in his career, because he is no longer a Bruin.

In four years, and if the NHL are in the Olympics, I will be more than happy to be cheering him on, when he is once again, wearing a sweater I care about.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Kessel vs. Canes

Kessel vs. Bruins.

Kessel vs. Canada

Kessel vs Finland

These are the big games and series where Kess did not show up.

Bhab where was ericsson today .when it matters? He gets a pass right?

Kess vs canes -2 g 5pts- torn rotator cuff

Kess vs bruins - did nit show up - u smokin crack. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Former Bruins Kessel, Wheeler and Seguin - no medals.

[/QUOTE]

No medals....... but like Ovechkin......... they are auto cup players. 

Translation : Auto cup meaning they are good at the 2 foot gimme putts while the playoffs are still on.

In response to JWensink's comment:

[/QUOTE]

So, you were critical of Seguin when he was here, and you wanted to trade him ?

[/QUOTE]

No.............he wanted Seguin at center in the top 6 ...........replacing Krejci or Bergeron.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Former Bruins Kessel, Wheeler and Seguin - no medals.

No medals....... but like Ovechkin......... they are auto cup players. 

Translation : Auto cup meaning they are good at the 2 foot gimme putts while the playoffs are still on.

Not in my world Chowdah!!! I can't tell you how many birdies I've lost from those suckers! Damn Snipers!

•  

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Not in my world Chowdah!!! I can't tell you how many birdies I've lost from those suckers! Damn Snipers!

[/QUOTE]

You don't know how many "working hard for my bogeys" that have turned into doubles with those. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

You don't know how many "working hard for my bogeys" that have turned into doubles with those. 

Words to live by my friend. Can't wait to get back out there.

•  
    Sections
    Shortcuts