Death to Matt Cooke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Death to Matt Cooke

Maybe tonight this team finally stands up for itself.  Not really a fan of this team's frail presence on the ice.

Time to let Cooke know he's not getting away with arguably one of the dirtiest hits in years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Death to Matt Cooke

In Response to Death to Matt Cooke:
    Maybe tonight this team finally stands up for itself.  Not really a fan of this team's frail presence on the ice. Time to let Cooke know he's not getting away with arguably one of the dirtiest hits in years.
    Posted by BBReigns

You don't watch this team too much, do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O82ExbzS40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOuiRgUVwQo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCRBMVjc7Fw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDVF7ESuicA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRAs6H2hMHM

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'll be happy with a win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Death to Matt Cooke:

Anybody could pull up clips of anyone getting into a fight...you can find Wheeler throwing hits or Crosby throwing punches-it means nothing.

Try to find the clip of a Bruin standing up for their Team-mate Marc Savard while he was lying half dead on the ice-  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Except tonight's game happens tonight...not last season...

I hate Matt Cooke, but I will be happy if the Bruins' game plan is not focused on him.  You guys give him way too much credit.  Win first, worry about Cooke second.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

win the battle - lose the war

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

Seriously what do you want them to do chase Cooke around the ice while crosby and malkin test out 2 on O drills for the All-star game?  Do you guys not know what kind of guy Cooke is by now? Do you really think he's just gonna drop his gloves with Lucic or Thornton or anyone for that matter?  He's a rat he'l just stand there and collect PP's. Win the game, and if you happen to be up 5-0 in the 3rd and see Cooke around the crease give him a Cam Neely vs Ulf 1997 beating.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Could you explain what that means?  What is "the war"?

I recall a filthy, dirty, cheapshot from Matt Cooke last year and I would be delighted to see him get leveled or beat up tonight.

But the Bruins need to focus on winning, not game-planning around Matt Cooke.  Winning is the big picture (or "the war") not settling scores and focusing on some side-show tough guy competition. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Could you explain what that means?  What is "the war"? I recall a filthy, dirty, cheapshot from Matt Cooke last year and I would be delighted to see him get leveled or beat up tonight. But the Bruins need to focus on winning, not game-planning around Matt Cooke.  Winning is the big picture (or "the war") not settling scores and focusing on some side-show tough guy competition. 
    Posted by Fletcher1

What about that game last year after the savard hit where the "focus" was only on winning. How did that work out. Id take a loss if the bruins made a physical statement. Id take an Offensive steamrolling without much tough stuff as well. But I dont think many fans are willing to watch the B's lay down like they did last year and lose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

In Response to Re: Death to Matt Cooke : What about that game last year after the savard hit where the "focus" was only on winning. How did that work out. Id take a loss if the bruins made a physical statement. Id take an Offensive steamrolling without much tough stuff as well. But I dont think many fans are willing to watch the B's lay down like they did last year and lose.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

I don't think they lay down tonight and lose 3-0 like they did last year. On the other hand, fans looking for blood... Pens blood... are going to be very disappointed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

1st of all, fighting/hitting Matt Cooke in no way means we will lose the game. I am more than willing to take the "risk" that by some weak/backwards logic that the difference between winning/losing is we have to be short-handed for a few minutes.

really? we're going to lose if we take a 2 minute cross checking penalty and knock his (*&(*&(* teeth out? I  think that's a reasonable risk.

And even if it did come down to that 2 minute penalty, I still wouldn't care about the win because I care more about getting that kind of ugliness out of the game.

To be perfectly honest, I dream of  Chara picking up Cooke with two-hands and breaking his neck against the boards.

Cooke is slime.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

..@ OC

I Like your thinking. Better than some of the condescending rhetoric about the "B's just need to win"... We want a win and a physical beatdown I dont get why people think you need to choose. ITs the big bad B's we beat you down outscore you and kick your a.rse night in and night out... At least thats how it should be.

Not to mention #1 PK in the league (Paille makes it better) a 2-4minute penalty aint no thing to get revenge on that PUNK!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

If I could quote you , I would.

Q F T

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

When I was growing up, it was the "the Big Big Bruins gave {name your team} a big beating on the ice and on the scoreboard. I guess that was then and this is now. A fight with Cooke would be nice, but... it may be old school... I'd still like to see Crosby or Malkin get run once or twice tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Death to Matt Cooke : What about that game last year after the savard hit where the "focus" was only on winning. How did that work out. Id take a loss if the bruins made a physical statement. Id take an Offensive steamrolling without much tough stuff as well. But I dont think many fans are willing to watch the B's lay down like they did last year and lose.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Who is suggesting that the Bruins lay down?  Try to respond to what was actually said.

What I'm saying is that instead of living in some state of fear and being all rattled by the big, bad, Matt Cooke, we focus on game planning around Crosby, Malkin, and the other Penguins with talent in an attempt to win the actual game. 

Then, any opportunity to hit or fight Matt Cooke in a way that doesn't abandon the game plan is great.  But, people on this board are so fixated with Sean Avery or Matt Cooke every game that it gives those guys way too much credit.  You can't be afraid of those guys all the time.  The Bruins need to play their game and then pick their spots to hammer Cooke when it is called for.

They didn't do either last year -- they let Cooke off the hook and played terrible hockey.  Play Boston Bruins hockey and the Cooke thing will take care of itself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

..@ OC I Like your thinking. Better than some of the condescending rhetoric about the "B's just need to win"... We want a win and a physical beatdown I dont get why people think you need to choose. ITs the big bad B's we beat you down outscore you and kick your a.rse night in and night out... At least thats how it should be. Not to mention #1 PK in the league (Paille makes it better) a 2-4minute penalty aint no thing to get revenge on that PUNK!
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

That's just it though, isn't it?  Shouldn't it be a team beatdown of the other team, regardless of who they are?

If Cooke gets the Bruins so hung up on chasing him (or very deliberately not chasing him, which I suspect happened last year) I think he's done the job he set out to do.  Get the Penguin's opponents so focused on being rough with him that they are not as rough with the rest of the team.

No, rather than see Cooke plastered, I'd rather see the Penguins being tentative everywhere because they are worried about being smashed.  I doubt that happens tonight, though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Death to Matt Cooke : That's just it though, isn't it?  Shouldn't it be a team  beatdown of the other team, regardless of who they are? If Cooke gets the Bruins so hung up on chasing him (or very deliberately not chasing him, which I suspect happened last year) I think he's done the job he set out to do.  Get the Penguin's opponents so focused on being rough with him that they are not as rough with the rest of the team. No, rather than see Cooke plastered, I'd rather see the Penguins being tentative everywhere because they are worried about being smashed.  I doubt that happens tonight, though.
    Posted by DrCC

I think that's exactly what will happen tonight.A couple of big hits early to set the tone and keep the Pens on edge all night.Every Bruin finishing checks is the way to make this happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

In Response to Re: Death to Matt Cooke : That's just it though, isn't it?  Shouldn't it be a team  beatdown of the other team, regardless of who they are? If Cooke gets the Bruins so hung up on chasing him (or very deliberately not chasing him, which I suspect happened last year) I think he's done the job he set out to do.  Get the Penguin's opponents so focused on being rough with him that they are not as rough with the rest of the team. No, rather than see Cooke plastered, I'd rather see the Penguins being tentative everywhere because they are worried about being smashed.  I doubt that happens tonight, though.
    Posted by DrCC

That is a good point. If the Bruins chase Cooke the whole night, they take away from playing THEIR game. Just remember the laughing stock (not that it takes much) the Bruins made of the Habs strategy of having Big George Laraque chase Milan Lucic the whole game. BGL would invite Lucic to fight, Lucic would thumb his nose at him and go on with his game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hey, the Bruins should play their game.  But I'd also like to see them keep a special eye out for Cooke and let him know, tonight and on into the season, that the B's didn't appreciate the hit on Savard.  Simply a matter of finishing checks, but always finishing checks on Cooke.
    Posted by Ergoetal

Finish checks on everyone and it will have a trickle down effect.No penguin will be willing to take that extra stride with the puck which will create turnovers.Secondly,Crosby and Malkin will get frustrated,angry,and off their game(seems to me that  Crosby wasn't overly impressed with the Cooke/Savard hit either as he knew it was he and Malkin,etc. that would be more closely checked as a result).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Thorton vs Cooke Rd 2  DING DING

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It will be good in a way to test out the toughness against Pittsburgh tonight, since we've got the softest team in the league against Montreal tomorrow...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

When the Bruins are done with this beat down from the Pens tonight, they will have to keep up with one of the fastest teams in the League tomorrow night...

Good luck with that !

NOT !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When the Bruins are done with this beat down from the Pens tonight, they will have to keep up with one of the fastest teams in the League tomorrow night... Good luck with that ! NOT !
    Posted by RMiller87

I'm liking your predictions...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

We finally agree...

I'm liking me too !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

But what I assume you meant is...

"I'm liking you.

Predictions ?"

Since I am like 99.9% right all of the time...

I say the Bruins are gassed by the third period tomorrow night, and Les Glorieux emerge with a 4-3 victory at the Gah-dens.... 

There you go...

Sections
Shortcuts